The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2003, 11:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Royally Screwed-up?

:ek: :ek: :ek: :ek: :ek: :ek: :ek: :ek: :ek:

Bonnie Prince Charlie, like King George III, may have had some darling little issues to contend with, if the British media is correct!? This time around, however, it may not be madness that is the issue here (without going into sordid details)!

Now those in ?Jolly Old England? who pointed a fickle finger at the philandering ways of several of our past presidents, have their own little pandering to contend with!

Hey guys, you may have a Charlie, but we?ve got a Barney!

VERITAS
Old 11-10-2003, 12:00 PM

The Royal's are pretty past tense to me and I don't think they are really needed any longer - they've out lived their glory days.

Today it's pomp and circumstance - only. I don't think they get paid anymore either - but can't swear to it. They are already loaded and live way beyond their means.

I think to many jobs would be lost if the empire didn't have its King and Queen status.

As far as the "flings" they're all having its like you said they are no different than us and with all the media looking for juicy stories you can't hide a situation like this any longer.

Hell most of our presidents and leading officials have fallen off the curve once or twice. I don't condone their habits and if they get caught well hell they playing game now they have to live with the consequences of it.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:03 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking

BOATS -

Right on target, fire on!!

VERITAS
Old 11-11-2003, 08:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gents......

I doubt?s the Brits are going to give up their Royals in the foreseeable future. Gossip and scandal are fairly much the national sport of the UK and if they don?t have someone to pick on I fear they would seize up and wither away. I was working over around Doncaster, Yorkshire, when Philip and Di married up and that was one heck of a national party, boy howdy. I was staying at a bed and breakfast country Inn called Barnby Dun (on Warning Tongue Lane) and the second floor was more or less a Pub and dancing place, sort off. Anyway on the big wedding day that place was really rocking out. Once a few half pints were down the Gals kicked of the dress shoes, let their hair down and were a barefootin and all that stuff. This particular Country Inn was built in the mid 1700?s and I reckoned the whole place was going to fall in on itself with all the dancing going on. My bed, floor, etc., were just covered with plaster flakes from all the moving and shaking.
The plant manager (Geoff) where I was working gave me a souvenir of the occasion. It is a Royal Wedding Commemorative Crown. This coin is sterling sliver, quite a bit bigger than a silver dollar, has Phillip and Di on one side and Queen Elizabeth II on the other. It was issued by the National Westminster Bank and is still in the original plastic case. Well all that didn?t work out and ended tragically but I?ll keep the coin and memories anyway. Heck I almost got into the festive mood of it all, almost.

Scamp
Old 11-11-2003, 09:07 AM

Well, at least he's not doing page boys like our own "honorable" electees.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

SCAMP - Sounds like you had one helluva good time, but I hope that you took it easy on the Guinness Stout. "That stuff will grow hair on a billiard ball!"

Desdichado - Don't go giving our electees any ideas!? LOL

VERITAS
Old 11-11-2003, 10:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

HC
My Pub beverage was Mansfield and is fairly mellow stuff as compared to some of the other choices. I nearly went native as I got to like pickled hard-boiled eggs or fish and chips for lunch, tomatoes for breakfast and whitefish for supper. And worst of all I got to busting a gut at the BBC TV comedy shows, almost got a feeling for the game of cricket, almost, and learned to drive on the wrong side of the road. All that is almost over the edge I?d say and I came home in just a nick of time and it was a near thing for sure, LOL.

Scamp
Old 11-11-2003, 12:25 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Desdichado

I don't think you understand.

Accusations are about a male servant.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 07:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking

SCAMP -

Hey friend, I can buy just about everything you said, except for that pickled eggs and brew stuff! "I'll bet you didn't have too many babes crowding you at the bar!?" LOL

VERITAS
Old 11-11-2003, 09:57 PM

I guess no one remembers Gary Studds (D-MA).