The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Packages going to Iraq

Talked to a Postman today about a package to my Son in Iraq that never arrived. He said the bast way to ensure the packages get are and are delivered is to insure the package. He said there are some people that handle the packages and with the Customs Form attached they know what is inside, they open the package and help themselves to the goodies and trash the rest.
So for those sending packages, INSURE the package, at least that way you have a much better chance in your loved ones getting the beef jerky, nuts or other prizes we all feel the need to send.
Oh, my Son asked for a strange item, CANNED AIR, confused the hell out of me. Then he told me they use it to clean their weapons. Now that makes sense, whoda thunk it???

You folks take care. The Son is due back in early August. He says the insurgents are get braver, throwing gernades in the day and trying to drive through checkpoints at night.
Well, gotta get back to Fightning Crime and Suppressing Evil Down Here in South Texas.
God Bless our boys and girls.
theemperor
Old 06-05-2005, 03:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Willie

Prayers for your son - send me a pm with his name so I can be
more specific.

Our #2 pup did his tour with the 1st Cav, and we sent him goody packages every month. 'Far as I know, he got them all! My experience wit the APO system is that nobody screwed with troop's mail.

Local methodology of suppressing evil up here in the Texas Hill Country is with a 9mm. Lock and load, and when in doubt, shoot, just in case the SOB's are riding miniature donkeys.
Scouts Out!!
Brice

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Prayers to all. Philip , Sids son , goes over this week.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

my prayers go out to all of our troops.. may god keep ya'lls kids safe and return home safe and sound with the rest of our troops..
love ya
tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 06-06-2005, 04:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default PHO

Your lad's on my list!
Scouts Out!!
Brice

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-06-2005, 05:04 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Prayers out to your son and thank him for his and his comrades willingness to serve our country.

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"