The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Default New kid in town

Guys,

I am checking in as a new guy. I am still trying to learn my way around. I have been reading some of the threads and they are interesting. I feel as though I am surrounded by liberals here after reading the political threads, but that's okay. You guys like barrack HUSSEIN obama way more than I do, but it is no fun to debate about him, so I won't.

Just for the fun of it, let's see if any of you can guess the reason for my avatar. I'll give you a couple of hints. No, I'm not as ugly as plaintiff and no, I am not trying to be anonymous in any way. Maybe a medic can figure it out though.

I'm just trying to have a little fun here. If any of you guys correctly guess the reason for my avatar it will go a long way towards introducing me to y'all. I am a bit different.

mainly I need to see where this message ends up so that I can learn how to post here. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and what is left of mine is a total wasteland.

Robert
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
You guys like barrack HUSSEIN obama way more than I do

Just so you know, post threads on political subjects in "Political".

Yes, there are a lot of subjects that can be political and something else. When in doubt, post it in political especially if the subject is Obama.

Believe me.

Welcome.

Joy

Old 10-08-2009, 04:47 AM

Welcome aboard!!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:45 AM

I already like your sense of humor. Believe me, on this site, it and a thick skin are both essential.
I was a mud Marine, grunt and proud of it.
I don't post much but I read most everything and I guess I still have problems getting close to people but I'm working on it. Welcome to the site.
Semper Fi
Old 10-08-2009, 07:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Yo mud Marine you going to the reunion in Arlington this year.? I'm still trying to talk my cousin into going it would be his first.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:25 AM

Default God Bless the American Farmer

Robert - Welcome to the site and thanks for your service. I envy you being a farmer its a profession that's all hard work and little pay. But its an honest living and one I have great respect for.

Welcome aboard - and yes this site has its moments. But everyone here is always testing the waters. The issues are heavy at times and lighter when needed. We each have a tendancy to prescribe medication to other's as needed. Humor is good and I always say without it - well you know that feels.

We will look forward to your threads and to see your comments. Suttle is good - direct is has its rewards as well as its drawbacks. Find common denominator and stand your ground once again welcome aboard.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-08-2009, 01:08 PM

Guys,

Thanks for the welcome. After reading some of the biological information about many here I can see that a lot of you spent more time in a chow line than I spent in the Army. Oh well, such is life. I will hang out with y'all until yopu impose standards to which I can't measure up.

Nobody has taken a guess at the reason for my avatar yet. It has to do with my dry sense of humor and is making a joke about me. As far as I can tell, it is a spitting image of me other than I also have a nose and a mouth.

Robert
Old 10-11-2009, 06:29 PM

sn-e3,
Which reunion would that be ?
I don't do them usually as I still avoid crowds.