The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2011, 06:30 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Honor Vietnam Vets With Jane Fonda and Anti-War Protestors?!

Honor Vietnam Vets With Jane Fonda and Anti-War Protestors?!

Posted by Peter Schweizer Jan 24th 2011 at 6:09 am in veterans | Comments (2)

Fayetteville, North Carolina, home of Fort Bragg, is planning a 10-day celebration and homecoming this November to honor Vietnam Vets. Its a honor well deserved. These soldiers, marines, and other vets served our nation honorably. It’s not their fault that we had lousy leadership in Washington that lost the war.

But Fayetteville Mayor Tony Chavonne decided to “honor” the Vets by reaching out to Quaker House, an anti-Vietnam war protesting outfit.

And Quaker House said they are glad to participate and intend to show two anti-war films that include Jane Fonda. As in “Hanoi Jane.” This is how they plan to “honor Vietnam vets.”

The Mayor said he reached out to the anti-war protestors so the “full story” of the war could be told. Excuse me, but this is not a history lesson. Its a celebration designated to honor vets for their service.

We’re not refighting the Vietnam war here. Mayor Chavonne has had these sort of bright ideas in the past. Earlier he suggested that Fayetteville become a sister city with a town in communist Vietnam.

Quaker House says they won’t force themselves into the event. ”If the mayor tells us to go away, we’ll probably go away.” So maybe we should contact the Mayor’s office and tell him to do just that. He can be contacted via email here.

http://bigpeace.com/pschweizer/2011/...ar-protestors/

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry My email to the mayor

How many Vietnam Veterans do you expect to attend a "10-day celebration and homecoming this November to honor Vietnam Vets" when you include Hanoi Jane and other protestors?

This does not honor our vets.

It is just another slap in the face for those whose family members, like mine, fought and died there.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Fayetteville Mayor Tony Chavonne (Prez BHO also) most certainly DISPROVES that political & press contrived & nonsensical falacy that: "The Office Makes The Man",...and that even fortunate winnings of High Office rarely ever (if ever?) changes a leopard's spots.

Connivers, Deceivers, BSers and also Career People Duping Hypocrites will always remain so.

Besides, both Tony & Barack or Barry alluded to are obviously anti-USA, pro Marxist and/or Progressives like typically America demeaning & ingrate ideologue: "Hanoi Jane" Fonda.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Well,...maybe VERY WEALTHY America INGRATES should be added for all three phonies?

Sure three not near as wealthy as quite prideful destroyer of governments, George Soros.
But,...SO WHAT??? Even poor millionaire: "Fat-Cats" can; "Change" America FOR THE WORST!!!

Neil
Old 01-25-2011, 10:00 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs down Vietnam Veterans Should Refuse To Attend This Slap In The Face:

As for me--I will refuse to attend this SLAP IN THE FACE and hope that all other Vietnam Veterans will do the same. Yes--There is still a lot of ANTI MILITARY FEELINGS concerning Vietnam and I doubt that these feelings will ever go away. I have stated before, many times, that MY OWN PERSONAL VIETNAM WAR WILL NEVER END UNTIL I AM LAID TO REST IN THAT DEEP DARK HOLE IN THE GROUND!!

We were sent to fight in a war that our leadership HAD NO INTINTIONS OF EVER WINNING. While it was a war that could have been won if our leadership desired it to be won--It was lost because there was never any desire to win it in the first place. Lots of money was made off the war and the FAT CATS only desired to continue it, for as long as possible, in order to accumulate the most amount of profits that they could. The fifty-eight thousand casualties were just a COST IN ORDER TO MAKE THE MOST PROFITS POSSIBLE!! WHILE THE WAR WAS A JUST ONE--IT PURPOSELY WAS CARRIED OUT WITH NO DESIRE TO EVER WIN IT BY OUR LEADERSHIP AT THE TIME.

To all of my Vietnam Veteran BROTHERS and SISTERS I again wish you all a MOST SINCERE and HJEART FELT:

WELCOME HOME

VIETNAM 1968
Old 01-26-2011, 05:26 PM

Admittedly it has been over 20 years since I've been on “Smoke Bomb Hill” but last I heard there was still a “bounty” on Jane. I was lead to believe she is aware of this and has never been anyway near Ft. Bragg. I see no reason to even recognize this sham of an event.

“Beer math is 2 beers per man, times 37, men equals 49 cases.” Murphy’s Laws of Combat #21
Old 01-27-2011, 06:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry

clueless tone-deaf poop eating knock-kneed box-ankled constipated unwashed mother-hating cowards

@#$%^^&*()(*&^%$#$%^&*(*&^%$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$%^&*())(*(*&^%$$%^&^%$##@#$%^&*()(*&^&*()(*&*(*&*(
Old 01-30-2011, 01:25 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Blue....,

Stop holding back about such obviously low-life anti-America scum of the earth.
Try being more open & expressive about such Rich Hypocrites or Infamous Wealthy Trash .
It might make you feel better.

Neil
Old 01-30-2011, 01:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Recon...

ok
Old 01-31-2011, 11:19 AM

Thumbs down JF is dishonerable and deserves no recognition

You want to thank Vets - go to the Soldier's Memorials - VFW - America Legion - VVN organizations and buy them a beer - shake their hand - tell them Thank You for their Service. You want to do more go to the VA hospitals - volunteer and ask them if they need anything or if you can help them in any way. Otherwise just go about your life and we will do the same. JF should have been run out of the country. Denied citizenship. Black-listed from making movies or being seen on TV. I can't say much more without making a total ass out of myself but she doesn't exist to me. North VN or North Korea should give her a medal for treasonable actions - POW's should spit on her for allowing herself to be used and viewed as a sympathizer. Enough ----- let's move on what a waste of verbiage

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"