The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2002, 08:53 AM

Default No one is perfect

Hardcore

I wrote this for you! I hope it touches a nerve in that cynical body of yours.

I'm not always right, and more often I'm wrong
But my errors are human you see,
So I don't seek perfection in others,
And they cannot expect it of me.
For the roll of a critic is one I'll not play,
It's the loneliest road that I know
And those who fault others,
Should mind what they show.
For no one is perfect, I hope you all know
We all make mistakes,
And before we condemn
Look well at ourselves before we step in
And those who instruct must be kind and sincere
'Cause when we're in heaven assessing our fate
We'll want friends drinking beer saying he was a mate!

WAZ
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2002, 09:32 AM

Talking Wazza

Great Poem but I really like the last two lines. Mates, Brothers by whatever name we call or are called there's plenty of mates I'd like to be able to hoist a glass or two with. :cl:
Old 10-09-2002, 09:38 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Wazza...

I hate to butt-in (not really), since I certainly can't speak for Me Buddy HARDCORE.

Still, I must say that the only part of that nice piece you wrote that impressed me were the words: "We all make mistakes".
And, if people in general went along with all the other nice suggestions, believe it more than likely that Australia would still be a penal colony and America would still be just a plain old colony.
After all, those in power and control rarely (if ever?) think that way (nowadays or even way-back-when).

Besides, and even if fortunate enough making it to heaven Mate, I just don't think such mellowness is condusive towards people having a-great-old-time at A Beer Fest (Fosters', Moulsons', or other types). Sorry Wazz.

Neil
Old 10-09-2002, 10:08 AM

reconeil,

No debate this morning it's 3am. Slipped over to your web site though and found a little ditty.

Quote:-

"We believe in self reliance. People are capable of taking care of their own problems without having to go cry to the government to wipe their nose."

I suppose that's the sort of condolence you'd give to the families of the victims in Maryland? Have I got the right suburb or town?

Right wing can still have compassion can't it?
Old 10-09-2002, 12:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Wazza...

Don't understand where you're coming from, since no such quote is on my website. Still, and even though seeing nothing wrong with The Quote, I fail seeing what that has to do with: "Maryland"?

Also, and since my response only alluded to cynicism not being all that bad, and not about The Right-Wing having no compassion whatsoever, like the Liberal/Left-Wing always propagate,...what's your point?

reconeil
Old 10-10-2002, 08:27 AM

Sorry about that. The quote was in one of your links.

Re Maryland - The quote just struck me as a take the law into you own hands, extreme right wing action, in relation to the offender with no regard for the victim's next-of-kin etc. Like get the SOB at all costs and don't involve the Govt. ie Law and Order but when it comes to the victim leave that up the the Govt.

OR

Do you see the community taking care of the vigilante actions re offender

AND

victim welfare ie family etc.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default WAZZA...

No-big-deal. Just apparently a little mis-communication.

Though, and no matter where you picked-up that quote from, I read nothing in same that displayed lack of compassion for: "Victims" or any needy persons, much less anything proposing vigilantism by anyone towards anyone.

I believe that the: "Self-reliance" vis-a-vis "Government wiping ones nose" bit alluded to many (and there are many) fraudulantly preferring to seek Public Assistance, when not needed or warranted. Hey,...such certainly beats-the-hell-of-work.

I don't know how it is in Australia. But here, in extremely compassionate America, there are MANY abusing one of the finests and all-encompassing Systems of Relief in The World (plus for The World).
And, apparently some here (myself included) would rather their hard earned tax dollars go to The Needy,...and not The Greedy.

Neil
Old 10-10-2002, 11:28 PM

I'm a bit fresher today, it's 4pm

Yeah. I agree wholeheartedly with your reply and understand your interpretation. It got to the stage over here that you
WORK FOR THE DOLE or "Work for your welfare" ie do some community work or similar and prove you have before you get paid. You don't have to to much but you DO have to do something.

Following on from the poem I was trying to say that when you leave this place you want people saying nice things about you at your wake. Not comments like

"Sh*t happens it's just that it comes from arseholes"