The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2004, 04:33 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Diary from Psycho Mountain

April 23, 04

I woke this morning only to discover that several third world drug dealers are in the area. Last night they got into my quarters, drank my liquor, did my drugs and ate my breakfast. If security isn?t beefed up I many have to find other accommodations.

Yesterday the old men who have gathered here were telling war stories, that was expected. However by sundown the humor had drained out of it. One could see and even feel the sadness as the stories became more morose. It became necessary to change the mood.

Hence, in an effort to lift the spirits of these former warriors I fired a handgun into the woods. They jumped in unison and complained but once they knew no one was shooting at them the mood changed. That short adrenalin rush brought them up but was soon replaced with relaxation. Being old and relaxed was good for all of them. It also had the effect of sobering up some of these men, not me but some of them.

Three kinds beer, Polish Brandy, Moonshine, Jack Daniels, and some kind of rum, it was like a frat party for serious drinkers. Sid?s camp had become Delta House and it was an obligation for someone to impersonate John Belushi. OK a very old John Belushi.

That was also the night we met Woody, Lance and Lee. It looked like trouble when these country boys stepped out of their pick-up trucks. Each was clad in a white t-shirt, overall jeans and a hat with the name of their favorite pesticide embossed on the front of it. Woody brought the Shine, a gallon jug. Woody appeared friendly but anyone with biceps more than 24 inches around has to be watched. It seemed obligatory to take a pull or 10 off that jug. One would not want to anger Woody, handcuffs would not have fit around his wrists.

The three country boys got into an argument over exactly were the movie Deliverance was filmed. Larry egged them on and even suggested they interrupt their drinking by driving to the area where the movie was made. None of them took the bait. Each kept a can of beer or a bottle of hard stuff in their hand as they told us about their sheep, transmission problems or getting hands caught in machines.

Bob mentioned several times that he had had three wives. He didn?t mention if they were his own wives when he had them but we didn?t want to ask any potentially embarrassing questions. Bob looks like a cop (Sheriff) but it was nice, no one held it against him.

I should write more, talk about all who were there but my med?s are kicking in again. Maybe a longer diary entry tomorrow.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2004, 04:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy :

A good start. Don't forget to post those three stories that you wrote on PF.

Larry
Old 05-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Andy

Sure wish i could have made it. james said you guys had fun. I have a good "War story" when I get around a bunch of VN guys, It ends with me dieing in a hail of gunfire. True story.

Ron
Old 05-04-2004, 05:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Come on Andy wake up you old fart I want to hear chapter two. its just getting good.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

That campsite sounds like one of the scenes cut from the final release of "Deliverance"!
Old 05-05-2004, 06:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I think Deliverance was filmed there....Thats why us Northerners kept our backs to the wall, and slept with one eye open. The reason I mentioned the 3 wives....I wanted to to make it sure that those mountain boys understood that women were my number 1 priority and I dont like banjo music

Andy, Doc Fred, Doc2/47, James, Larry, Curtis PM me with your mailing address so I can send yall (Thats Georgian for you all)
a copy of these pictures.

Sid, John, Mustache Mike, Pictures mailed out today

Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 05-05-2004, 06:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

I think Larry and I set a psyco shuffell board record by throwing 57 pucks off the table in a row and never scoring a point. That was some good $hit !
Old 05-05-2004, 06:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy
At any point in this diary are you going to mention the part where one of the psyco-vets from the Commonwealth of Mass. who will remain nameless did a backwards flip over by Mustache Mike's cabin followed by what the rest of us thought was going to be a fire walk.

John
It must have been some good $hit...but your shuffle board playing really sucked
Bob k

God bless the ACLU
Old 05-05-2004, 07:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I,...

...will be addressing these issues as they are put forth by our offical "situation writer",...

...Let the truth be known that we did not drink all his liquor, we saved him a sip, or two, or ,...

...We did not do all his drugs, we just couldn't find all of them,...

...We did not eat all his breakfast, he just slept late,...

...Andy did find the stockpile of ammmmmo, and had squireled away numerous cases around the parimeter before he could be subdued, however throughout the evening there were infltraitors in the wire, and Andy did hold them off single handed for an unknown period of time before repelling the attack sometime before dawn,...

The distant seranade of plucking of bango could be heard in the not so far distance, and the sweet smell of turkey vulture farts floated on the misty evening air, So went the sounds of laughter, glugs, wisps, and silient prayers, and tears,....

...Oh the tales of woe,... enlistment waiting lines,... $9.50 change from a franklin for three beers, and the subsequient loss of half a town, side splitting aching ribs contributed to a very slow next morning while local law enforcement cited larry form moving half the natural game into the city limits with his snoring,...

... A fire raged throughout the evening as the fire dept had all companies on full alert, scrambling units from as far away as Texas with it being picked up on by NASA's satalites as a metorite that they missed coming in,...

... Communications experts from the ATF were on alert as someone we all know, and love was calling out for more high explosives over his cell phone, and we all knew it would'nt be long before we were in deep shi+,...

...And I thought I had knives,... A certain someone drives in through a blaze of enemy fire, and was required to download before entering the mess hall, and upon iniatinating removal sequence, proceded to lose 38 lbs. on the scale, and tripped metal detectors in Atlanta,...

...Yes, we ran them off the mountian that first night, and they dared not attempt a second wave until dark the next eve, but again, we were ready for um, by now we had circled the wagons, and stocked up on chow, important working supplies, and one singular high strength teather which held our fearless leader even closer then needed,...

...TB continued upon further review of secondary reports of after action reports,...

..."disclaimer to the general public",...
...These factual transmissions are of a highly classified nature, and with the discression of opinions being reported, it is best to never discuss them with your shrink, it might land you up on the mountian with us",...

...Edit,...

...Larry, Andy was face down with a pillow over his head the first night with his a$$ duct taped shut, and he is deafer then I, and yes Friday, I bailed outside as he was trolling for flies,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 05-05-2004, 05:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

In my defense about shuffleboard...I was a rookie, but opened up a major can of whoop-ass at the end LOL ....seriously...I really enjoyed playing with you guys...( i didn't do so good with the horseshoes...)

Curtis : Apparently my "snoring" only bothered you..not sure what that means..Did you hear Andy snoring on Friday, during the day... no less... ???

Still thinking about the bonfires....there were some pyromaniacs there for sure...LOL

Hard to believe it has been almost 2 weeks since this started...

It was 4 days I will never forget !!

All the best,

Larry

P.S. :

I will start putting photos up later this week.