The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2004, 08:13 PM

Default Re: JC!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by the humper Please tell me, EXPLICITLY, if you want to be in a position where you have to grab a hold of someone in a, split second, carry HIM, two (2) miles BACK to the lines, with no support, from NO where, regardless of what your gender , is, or what you might change it too, what in the hell, would you do!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You

What would I do? I would demurely do whatever task was required to accomplish the objective. As a Marine Veteran, Forest Fire Fighter, and former Law Enforcement Officer, in my weaken feable female fashion, I would employ all my previous trainning, which by that time, if I may beg your pardon to be so bold to say, would hopefully had become second nature in my thought processes, in order to achieve the task, however difficult or straining to my female condition to meet the objective.

Oh my, I have been shot at in the line of duty, and didn't require the smelling salts and didn't even break a finger nail! But by the very nature of my lesser female nature, I should of been happy to simply run back to the kitchen and stay put! But, I offer my apologies for not having done so. Working "Gang" Violence is of course no place for a woman! Something must of just have got the better of me.

If I may be so bold to share, why, once as a forest fire fighter, at the Canyon Creek Fire in the Bob Marshall Wilderness of Montana - back in 1988, get this - I did carry my partner Ethan, nearly one mile to our vehicle when he sprang his ankle while I was teaching him to fell a tree! I know I shouldn't of, that I should of ran for help, to a man with big brawdy strength, but something once again just got the better of me. After all, we were surrounded by big tall burning trees with sraves tied around our faces to breath. I mean he was a big brut, standing 6'3" to my 5'10'! But then again, it was less than a mile. Could I have lasted a whole 2 miles? Oh my. Who would I of ever of thought I was anyway! I mean, there were big mean cougars, tigers and bears out there! Funny thing is, I meet the task and achieved the objective.

My training at Parris Island gifted me with the innate abilities and level of self-confidence to accomplish that which may of otherwise seemed impossible to otherwise achieve. A form of disipline was instilled deep within my character to know this: That I can go anywhere at anytime under any condition to meet any challenge. Now if you where that man who needed to be carried those "2" miles, and I was the only person around to do the job, WOULD YOUR REFUSE MY HELP? This is of course, just my thoughts on the subject, and of course, I hope not seen as straightforward question.

semper fi,
jchristin
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2004, 08:16 PM

Default AND THE STAKE IS!!!!!!!!!!

The folks who have to fight it, and as of yet. NO ONE on this site has been in that position!!!!!!!!!!
Kindly, please don't reflect what you would, DO. but reflect, what you think, SHOULD be done, cause you LIKE ME, ain"t going no where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SF
NC
Old 03-20-2004, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHAWK JC

Let me take a step back, and say Welcome Home, in the most sincere manner. Any friend of Sargeant Bones is a friend of mine, now and always.

several women I have known in my long life have a tendency to SELECT when they WISH to be demure and when not.

Ya might inform those sons of such a tendency among women next time they offer their advice

Thanks BlueHawk for the kind words. I really appreciate what you wrote, especially about women having the tendency to select when they wish to be demure and when not to be.

I know it is difficult for men to understand the various forms of discrimination women encounter - afterall, they're not women, how could they know. But times have changed a great deal since I was a kid growing up in the late 60's and early 70's. Ask Bones, I can usually hold my own pretty well - most the time.

Now don't go thinking I'm some feminist out to cut the ---- off of all men. That is not true. Heck, I've got two sons and one day I wanta be a grandmother! Just not right now! Why, I don't even try to change the stinkin thinkin of some men. Some of them are just constitutionally incapable of change. That's okay. I'll love them anyway. I just don't always understand men. Funny creatures some of you are! That's just one of the spices of life!
Old 03-20-2004, 08:38 PM

Default An eloquent replY!!!!!!

But it takes "common training" to do what has been reflected. And when the cow has to eat the cabbage, there is ABSOLUTELY, no time for PC or anythings else, you've got to get your butt out of Dodge, and anyone else, or you have one alternative, YOUR DEAD.. And thank my lucky stars. I REPRESENT ALL, the others who were not Lucky as I was. And if you care to respond, please respond to the folks who were carried off in a poncho, or covered off with same, otherwise, I. stand, mute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SF
NC
Old 03-20-2004, 08:49 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

JC..

Thank your for your service to this country and to your community. And welcome to the forum and the site.

Arrow>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 08:56 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Humper...

I live in the same world you do. There is no wayeven in my youth I could have done whatJC has done.Iam not emotionally or physicallycut out forthe discipline it takes.But the times they are a changin' brother and we might just be surprised what some ofthese young ladies can do.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-20-2004, 09:08 PM

JC,
What Sparrow said and then some!

I would rather have you at my side than some men I've met. Some women too for that matter.

You've shown me that what matters most is getting the job done. And not worrying about gender.

Bones should be proud to call you friend! In a demure sort of way.

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-20-2004, 09:15 PM

Default LS!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you or another "change it" when it comes down to the nut'cuttin. You tell me, I will await an intelligent answer, as to what in the hell, anyone would would do if they had to hump a 200+ individual person, regardless of gender, for 2 miles, without stopping. to, SAVE THEIR LIFE. What anyone does, and not relating on this site, which. I realize is the ONLY way to express OURSELVES!!!!!!!!, Please enlighten, me!!!!!!!!!!!
TY
SF
NC
Old 03-20-2004, 09:23 PM

Hump,
I would do what ever I could to get my companion to safety. There have been some amazing stories of small women lifting cars off their husbands when they fall of the jack. You would be very surprised at what the human body is capable of when adrenilin kicks in.
At less than 100 pound I once picked up, off the floor, my 170 pound ex-husband by his upper arms and walked him 10 feet to remove him from my space when he was being verbally abusive to me. And that was just because I was pissed off!
Don't ever mistake size or gender for frailty or weakness. They dont compare.

I would suggest a relaxing soak in the tub and a cup of camomile tea to help ease your tensions.

And this is all I am going to say on this matter.
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-20-2004, 09:31 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
Humper-I live in the same world you do. There is no wayeven in my youth I could have done whatJC has done.Iam not emotionally or physicallycut out forthe discipline it takes. -Arrow-

Hump...

Don't make me laugh now. I'm sixty years old. What do you think?

Arrow>>>>>>