The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2003, 08:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Employment Hype?

A piece on the tube today at least proved one thing, if nothing else: ?You can not believe everything that you are hearing!!?

With the news out of the war zone (Middle East) pointing toward continuing involvement, if not re-escalation, by our, or maybe even U.N. troops, some interesting figures on the economy (employment) have also just surfaced. These figures point at a sad fact, it being that we may be (?) rapidly converting from a manufacturing and technology based economy, to a purely service oriented economy!?

?Is our Mighty United States, a nation who for decades led the way in freedom, innovation and manufacturing prowess, now turning into a bedroom and service oriented entity?? (God, I hope not!?)

I hear so much hype these days about the splendid turnaround in our economy, and I certainly hope (or is that wish) that this is so?! Lord knows, with all of the billion$ that we are constantly gifting foreign nations, and the internationally on-call status of today?s military, it is beginning to appear that the only job security these days, like it was in "Ancient Rome", is in uniform? And even that honorable profession is under attack by those who seek to weaken it?s appeal and preparedness!? (opinion)

?So what are the top jobs in America today, and where are they located (Not where one might assume, according to the tube)!??

Florida, North Dakota, Wisconsin and New Mexico were four of the States listed as on the economic rise, and in towns and cities, many of which I have not even heard of!

And also worthy of note is the fact that, contrary to some politi- media hype, we are not experiencing a (so-called) job boon!? One might also wish to consider the fact that much of what machines alone are (now) not producing, is being manufactured abroad by foreigners - cheaply!

Of course, food service workers, those turning out those junk fast foods for our "On The Run Society", are still in demand at relatively low wages. And of course, health workers too, seem to be able to readily find employment.

This of course, should come as no surprise, considering again, the mass consumption of junk food, the stress of a fast and often immoral life style, and the uncertainty of the future for our kids and ourselves! But again, there is always the military - a foreign legion of sorts these days?

Oh, and in the event that I forgot to mention it, jobs in barrooms, boozers, and taverns, seem to definately be on the rise these days as well. ?A sign of the times perhaps??

Of course, to listen to some in government, we never had it so good!? Hell, everybody here enjoys an eight (8) course dinner each and every day - ?a hamburger, an order of fries and a six pack of beer!? What the Hell else could you ask for, want or expect - "RIGHT?"

Speaking of food - "I wonder what the Brits will be feeding our President on his upcoming visit to the Fatherland (England)? You can bet your ass that it won?t be burgers and a cola, or even bangers and stout!

Of course, he may be far too upset to settle in for a real meal of pork-pie and tea, or even beef and Guiness, as from what I am hearing, many of our staunch allies in Britain are already organizing a rousing welcome, or is that protest!?

VERITAS
Old 11-18-2003, 09:26 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC

Boy you sure can,
I just thought Id make you think of what it was you said you could do.

I don't belive in this open borders crap as far as goods and service goes. Yes our industry can have stuff made in foren countries cheeper, cause it coast a hole lot less to live there than it does in the US, therefore wages are lower.
We as consumers can have a small effect on this, 1st, by American, It may coast you a couple $ more to support our labor unions but if we don't you can bet more and more companies will farm out there products to foren countries. (look at the lable)
And get the Hell out of that Honda dealership.

Ever been to an un-employment agency, there is a reason that 90% of the people that are there, are there, just look at them.
I went into one a couple months ago just to see what the place looked like. If I had a company, I wouldn't hire any of those people. (you would think they would leave the bottle outside)

Ron
Old 11-18-2003, 09:29 AM

Heard they won't let him see it either.

But, the media have already showen it to him so the rest is anticlimac.....still if one does protest one want's the person to see it up close and personal. Human nature I guess.

As for the job market....tough. The health industry is losing us oldtimers because we have an attitude....patients come first. NOT LAST! But we seem to be the one's they want so maybe that will change.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The Bush "Economic Plan",

or, HOW SHIT HAPPENS!

1. In the beginning was the Plan.

2. And then came the Assumptions,

3. And the Assumptions were without form.

4. And the Plan was without Substance.

5. And darkness was upon the face of the Advisors.

6. And they spoke among themselves saying,
"It is a crock of shit and it stinks."

7. And the Advisors went unto their Whitehouse Staffers and
said, "It is a pail of dung and we cannot live
with the smell."

8. And the Whitehouse Staffers went unto their Whitehouse Staff Managers saying,
"It is a container of organic waste and it is very
strong such that none may abide by it."

9. And the Whitehouse Staff Managers went unto the Whitehouse Cabinet Members, saying,
"It is a vessel of fertilizer and none may abide its
strength."

10. And the Whitehouse Cabinet Members spoke among themselves, saying to
one another, "It contains that which aids growth
and it is very strong."

11. And the Whitehouse Cabinet Members went to the Vice President, saying
unto them, "It promotes growth and it is very powerful."

12. And the Vice President went to the President, saying
unto him, "This new Economic Plan will actively promote the growth
and vigor of the Nation with very powerful effects."

13. And the President looked upon the Economic Plan and saw that it
was good. (and would reward his greedy corporate friends and family)

14. And the Economic Plan became Policy.

15. And this is how shit happens...

:cd: :cd:

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:33 AM

That's a good one Gimpy! Can't say the same for policy though.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

RON, MOM, GIMPY et al -

I too would immediately close-up our borders, if for nothing else but to garner a breather!

As for the unemployment office (or agency) Ron, I once heard the same thing said about welfare. It must, however, be realized that to get unemployment benefits, one must first have had to work! Maybe some of the contents of that bottle were inhaled in despair, what do you think?

Could it also be that pointing at an approaching (or current) storm, and then being told that what you are really seeing is rainbows and blue skies, is no longer washing for some?

Remember, to correct any perceived problem, one must first realize that a problem does indeed exist!

VERITAS
Old 11-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default HC

Never went to a wellfair office so don't know. Maybe to many bottles is what got him to the un-employment office. If someone is a worthless peace of crap, giving him a job is not going to change that, all that will do is get the company ripped off or have a workers comp claim against them.
I say stop all welfair, anyone that wants to work can get a job with the state, moweing grass or picking up trash along the highway, Taxpayers don't need to pay for someones cadolac or to someone to sit on there ass at home watching TV.

Ron
Old 11-18-2003, 12:09 PM

Just thought I'd ask you Gimpy.... I'd like to send your comments about the 15 points on to a friend of mine. Ok with you?
Old 11-18-2003, 01:09 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow

Ron

Point well taken!!!

Maybe we can move them to one of those other states, where they can now get social benefits and the blessing of that state, not from sitting on their asses, but rather by wiggling them!

VERITAS
Old 11-18-2003, 01:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
GIMPY -

Loved your take on Genesis, Second Millennia Style....

VERITAS