The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Not a forgery: John Kerry's 1984 weapons system hit list

In recent days CBS News revealed 30-year old documents regarding President Bush's service in the Air National Guard. Those documents now appear to be forgeries.

But what has been lost in the Bush National Guard memo affair was the release of another old document that appears to be much more relevant to the presidential election.

Powerline Blog published a 1984 press release from John Kerry's senate campaign in which Kerry's stance on defense is clear.

This press release is especially interesting because (a) Kerry is running on building a "stronger America" and (b) the Kerry campaign has denied that he opposed many of the weapon systems he has been accused of opposing but rather opposed only entire defense appropriations bills.

In that document, candidate Kerry calls for reducing the Reagan defense buildup by some $50 billion by making cuts to specific weapons systems. Let's analyze the list of weapons that John Kerry wanted to cancel back in 1984:

? MX ICBM . This modern ballistic missile served as one of the backbones of the U.S. nuclear deterrent triad during the Cold War--a strategic force that eventually played a large roll in the defeat of the Soviet Union.

? B-1 Bomber . Also a major system in the nuclear triad, the B-1 went on to play a key role as a long-range, all-weather, heavy, precision bomber in Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. The B-1's range and huge payload capacity were especially important given the lack of basing rights in the region for both campaigns.

? Anti-Satellite System (ASAT) . This system was a missile designed to be carried by an F-15 interceptor to a very high altitude and then launched into the atmosphere to shoot down enemy satellites. Unfortunately, the ASAT was indeed shelved due to budget constraints. Now we are learning more every day that Red China is working on systems to shoot down satellites and rogue nations, such as Iran and North Korea, have satellite programs. The ASAT capability would be quite useful.

? Star Wars . Probably no weapon system had greater impact on the Cold War's outcome in the 1980s than Star Wars, or SDI, the Strategic Defense Initiative. It was designed to provide America with a defense against incoming ballistic missiles. Leftist opposition to the program just about killed the whole concept, but its heart kept beating ever so feintly and now we are close to deploying national missile defense. Of course, had the left not opposed the program from its outset, we would surely already have a defense against incoming ballistic missiles from countries like Iran and North Korea. As we stand now, we are completely defenseless against missile attack.

? Tomahawk missile . I guess Kerry should get partial credit here. He only advocated cutting funding for the Tomahawk by 50%. That may have been very damaging though since the Tomahawk is probably the most widely used weapon against terrorists and rogue nations over the past dozen years or so. The Tomahawk played a key role in Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom, as well as a few other military operations in the Balkans, Africa and the Middle East.

? AH-64 Apache attack helicopter . The Apache is the most modern attack helicopter in the world. Apaches fired the first shots in Operation Desert Storm and have played key roles in Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. John Kerry wanted to cancel the Apache program.

? DIVAD system . The DIVAD air defense system was designed to protect U.S. ground forces from the Soviet Mi-24 Hind attack helicopter, which was much feared and widely used by communist forces in 1984. The DIVAD was basically a radar-directed twin 40mm turret mounted on an old M-48 Patton tank chassis. The system was cancelled after performing poorly in numerous tests and experiencing cost overruns. Kerry may have actually been right about this one...pure dumb luck.

? Patriot Air Defense Missile . No weapon system symbolizes John Kerry's horrible record on national defense more than the Patriot, which he sought to cancel in 1984. Seven years later, Patriots were saving lives in Desert Storm by shooting down Iraqi SCUD ballistic missiles. They repeated that role in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Today the Patriot is the most modern air defense system in the world and in use in South Korea, Japan, several parts of Europe, Israel, and other places in the Middle East. No thanks to John Kerry.

? AEGIS guided missile cruiser . The AEGIS air defense system-equipped guided missile cruisers form the backbone of the U.S. fleet. They have proven instrumental in everything from air and missile defense to drug interdiction. They have also played a key role in operational evolutions in launching cruise missile attacks on rogue nations and terrorist bases.

? Iowa-class Battleship Reactivations . Seldom in the history of warfare has a naval fleet gotten so much bang for the buck as the U.S. Navy got for the modernization and reactivation of the USS New Jersey, USS Iowa, USS Wisconsin and USS Missouri. For the cost of a frigate, the U.S. Navy got a magnificent capital ship able to dominate the seas and land for hundreds of miles around. These vessels played a key role in the Cold War and also in operations from Beirut in 1983-84 to Operation Desert Storm in 1991. On what basis John Kerry opposed the reactivation of the Iowa-class battleships truly pro-U.S. security people may never know.

? AV-8B Harrier . The Harrier is the world's only operational V/TOL (vertical take off and landing) combat jet. It is the key player in Marine aviation and close air support and played a major role in support of our troops in Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom, saving the lives of Americans on the front lines.

? F-15 Eagle . The F-15 has been the world's foremost fighter aircraft since it entered service in the late 1970s. It guarded the skies as part of NORAD in the Cold War and did so again after 9-11. In between the F-15 ensured air superiority in virtually every major military operation in which the U.S. was involved.

? F-14A/D Tomcat . The F-14, only now being replaced by the new F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, is the world's premier naval fighter. It was essential to the protection of the U.S. fleet during the Cold War from the mid-1970s on. F-14s twice shot down Libyan interceptors over international waters during the 1980s and later versions became outstanding all weather precision attack aircraft. In fact, for much of Operation Enduring Freedom, the F-14 provided the entire precision guided attack capability of the U.S. military as basing rights were hard to come by for land based aircraft and the F/A-18C/D Hornet lacked the range and endurance necessary to perform the mission over Afghanistan. Another great airplane that John Kerry wanted to shoot down on Capitol hill.

? AIM-54 Phoenix air to air missile . This long range missile was carried exclusively by the F-14 and could bring down targets as far as 110 nautical miles away flying just above sea level or as high as 60,000 feet. Of course, since John Kerry sought to kill the F-14, it only made sense that he should seek to rid our military of its key weapon as well.

? AIM-7 Sparrow air to air missile . The Sparrow was the chief radar guided air to air missile in the U.S. inventory from the 1950s until the relatively recent introduction of the AIM-120 AMRAAM. The Sparrow was the main armament of the F-15, F-16 and F-18 and the secondary armament of the F-14. One wonders what Kerry thought we would have armed our fighter aircraft with had he gotten his way and the Sparrow was cancelled?

This list shows that no area of our national defense was safe from John Kerry. He has fought equally hard on Capitol Hill against the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines over the course of his entire career. We can only shudder to think what would have happened had he won the day and all of these key weapons had been cancelled.

Next time you see a sign that says, "Kerry for a stronger America," you may want to stop and think about all these tools in the hands of our servicemen and women that would not have been procured and deployed had John Kerry gotten his way.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Distinctions

page 1
Old 09-16-2004, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Distinctions

page 2
Old 09-16-2004, 06:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Obviously not typed on Microsoft Word. Thanks David.....wonder why CBS and the other "unbiased" media leaves this alone??? Well, actually, I don't wonder.

He also voted for a nuclear freeze that would have given the Soviets the edge in Europe. Yep, a born leader who will keep us safe, as long as the enemy uses rubber bands and paper clips.

What a dork.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 09-16-2004, 12:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default David

You failed to write if this was before, or after, or later, or before and after he voted against these weapons systems, before he voted for them! Analyzing John Kerry's legislative career is as confusing as a bastard son at a family reunion. No wonder the DNC doesn't want his 20 years in the US Senate discussed - he didn't do anyting but try to make America weaker, and has all the legislative skills as a sledgehammer in a watch factory. And Paco (that's pronouced "Paw-ko"), you insult dorks with your remark!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-16-2004, 03:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Knock, knock, anybody home? Kerry?s most recent pronouncements about gun control had to be aimed at the lifeless and/or mindless. I heard him say it so I ain?t stretching a condom over a basketball. But according to TJ, he will whoop the terrorists via gun control. He blathers on about an Al Qaeda field manual that tells the incipient martyrs to get their guns in the US. Well ya, it would be rather simple minded for them to try to carry their AKs and such through US Customs.

But on the other hand, I would think that black market weaponry up to and including large amounts of high explosives are available within US borders, for a price. And I reckon our erstwhile neighbors to the south could give a shit less what rolls north so long as they grab a cut of the action and get to ?wet their beaks?. And I figure that some Al Qaeda Mustafa Al Martyr isn?t likely to just go to some gun shop or Sears, etc., fill out the paperwork and then return to pick up some hot, latest and greatest assault rifle and 1K rounds of killer ammo. Nope, I reckon they are a bit cleverer about arming up if they have the need for some serious weaponry. Hell sakes, the Crips or Bloods, etc. probably have more up to date stuff than most PDs and are very willing to deal for a price.

Anyway, Kerry can?t be serious about such a BS pronouncement, can he? Who in the world would believe such nonsense? Hmmm, maybe I don?t want to know the answer the latter question, I just hope it isn?t a neighbor of mine.

Scamp
Old 09-16-2004, 08:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Out of all the bills John Kerry missed voting on he sure made it back to vote FOR the continuance of the Semi-Auto Assault weapon ban/hi capacity magazine ban. Me I'm waiting for 25 rd magazines for my Ruger 10-22 to drop from 50$ down to something more reasonable like 8.99$ with the ban discontinued (for now). Lets hope the manufactures produce some of our favorite magazines in bulk to survive another 10-20 years if the anti-gun crowd get themselves another ban on the books.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to zuni_rocket

Navy Contradicts Kerry on Release of Military Records
By Marc Morano
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
September 16, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - The U.S. Navy released documents Wednesday contradicting claims by Democratic Presidential candidate John Kerry that all of his available military records have been released.

The Navy, responding to a Freedom of Information Act request from the legal watchdog group Judicial Watch, also referred interested parties to Kerry's campaign web site for government military documents.

Navy Personnel Command FOIA Officer Dave German wrote in an e-mail to Judicial Watch that the Navy "withheld thirty-one pages of documents from the responsive military personnel service records as we were not provided a release authorization."

A "release authorization" would have to come from Kerry filling out and signing a Standard Form 180, something he has yet to do. A Standard Form 180 would authorize the complete release of all his military records. Judicial Watch filed Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests in August to obtain Kerry's military records.

The official U.S. Navy response was received by Judicial Watch on Wednesday, the same day that Kerry told syndicated radio and MSNBC TV host Don Imus that "We've posted my military records that they sent to me, or were posted on my website. You can go to my website, and all my -- you know, the documents are there."

When Imus pressed Kerry as to whether all of his documents were in fact included on the campaign website, Kerry responded, "To the best of my knowledge. I think some of the medical stuff may still be out there. We're trying to get it.

"We released everything that they (the Navy) initially sent me," he added.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said the Navy's correspondence confirms that Kerry has not been forthright in releasing his military files.

"It's written confirmation from the U.S. Navy that there are additional documents from Kerry's service record that have yet to be made publicly available," Fitton told CNSNews.com.

Fitton called the Kerry campaign's contention that all of the candidate's military files have been released, "wrong."

"They (the Kerry campaign) are either ignorant or misleading us. The simple solution is to authorize the release of all records related to his service," Fitton said.

German in a letter dated September 15, also referred Judicial Watch to Kerry's campaign website for more information on Kerry's military records.

"Numerous responsive U.S. Navy service record documents, as well as service record documents not subject to disclosure requirements under the FOIA, may be accessed at" the Kerry campaign's website applying to his military records, wrote German.

"Right now we are in the 'Alice in Wonderland' situation, where the U.S. Navy is telling us to go to a campaign Internet site to get government FOIA documents," Fitton said.

"I am not aware of any other instance where [a government agency] told us to go to a political website for documents," he added. "It's not a reliable repository of government documents."

In additional correspondence with Judicial Watch dated Sept. 15, the Navy stated that it did not have a copy of Kerry's Discharge Certificate (DD Form 256N), adding that the Navy did not keep files of the certificate in its records.

German wrote in a letter dated Sept. 15, "A copy of an honorable discharge certificate (DD256N) is not placed in the U.S. Navy Service record when issued."

Jerome Corsi, co-author of the best-selling book "Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry," told CNSNews.com the he was "surprised" the Navy did not have a copy of Kerry's discharge file.

"That means [Kerry's] got it," Corsi said. "It goes against his contention that he has released everything that is in his possession, because certainly that form is in his possession."

Corsi believes that the Navy's official response proves that "it's Kerry who is blocking the release of the [military] documents and nobody else."

"What's Senator Kerry got to hide?" Corsi asked. "By not releasing these files, he is creating the impression that there is something there he doesn't want anybody to see. What is it?"

Judicial Watch is also awaiting the U.S. Navy's response to its inquiry regarding Kerry's "Silver Star with combat V." The citation appears in Kerry's DD214 military form on his website, but according to military officials, no such medal exists.

"Kerry's record is incorrect. The Navy has never issued a 'combat V' to anyone for a Silver Star," said a Naval official to reporter Thomas Lipscomb in an article for the August 27th Chicago Sun Times.

According to the Sun Times article, "Naval regulations do not allow for the use of a 'combat V' for the Silver Star, the third-highest decoration the Navy awards. None of the other services has ever granted a Silver Star 'combat V,' either."

See Related Articles:
Kerry Blamed for Viet Vets Being Dubbed 'Atrocity Committing Monsters' POW Say (Sept. 10, 2004)
Kerry, in 1971, Admitted Writing Combat Reports (Aug. 26, 2004)
FBI Files Show Kerry Met With Communists More Than Once (June 4, 2004)
Kerry's Meeting With Communists Violated US Law, Says Author (May 20, 2004)
Kerry Lying About Anti-War Past, Supporter Alleges (March 18, 2004)
Old 09-18-2004, 11:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Silver Star with "V"?

Didn't this "award" once appear on TJ Kerry's website? Can he really believe that everybody would just swallow this yet another dose of bullshit as gospel according to Kerry? I would suspect that anybody who has ever served for more than 3 days on active duty knows that there is no such thing as a Silver Star with "V" device. Or is this yet another award that the hero of the Left put himself in for? How did this award appear on his DD214?

An even greater question is where are the defenders of this treasonous piece of dung after proof of his spineless lack of support for our military is posted by David? We were told all along that "he voted for the weapons systems before he voted against them," or was it the other way around? Kerry has had so many positions that he emulates a contortionist nymphomaniac. He is anti-military and bad for America.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-28-2004, 07:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ohmygosh!!

All this time, we've been asked to swallow the Gospel of Gimpy and what a fine example of supporting our military ol' John "I Love My North Vietnamese Commies" Kerry has been over all these years! Now, as actual proof of his spineless conduct gets cyber-printed, Kerry's defenders are nowhere to be found. Maybe they're just consulting with all those foreign leaders, or hiding in little dark holes, or applying another layer of foil to their tinfoil helmets. Silver Star with "V" device my happy ass!

Why don't you just sign the SF 180, you gutless wonder?