The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > International

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2022, 08:42 AM

Arrow P.I. & US Troops hold joint exercise

P.I. & U.S. Troops hold joint exercise
By: Francis Earl Cueto - The Manila Times - 03-07-22
Re: https://www.manilatimes.net/2022/03/...ercise/1835393

The Philippine Army (PA) and the US Army Pacific (U.S. Army-PAC) have launched a 20-day training exercise in Nueva Ecija to improve their capacity to work together.

The Salaknib Exercise opened last March 5 at the 1st Brigade Combat Team (1BCT) headquarters in Fort Magsaysay.

"Salaknib demonstrates the long-standing partnership between PA and Usarpac," Usarpac Deputy Commanding General Maj. Gen. Matthew McFarlane, the guest of honor and speaker at the event opening, said.

Salaknib — which means "shield" in Ilocano — is an annual bilateral combined exercise that aims to enhance the defense readiness of Filipino and American troops by developing tactical interoperability.

The 2022 edition focuses on the capability development of 1BCT, the Army's primary combined arms, and rapid deployment unit.

Taking part in the large-scale exercise are US soldiers and the troops from 1BCT, Training and Doctrine Command, Army Support Command, 51st Engineering Brigade, Civil-Military Operations Regiment, Army Artillery Regiment, Army Aviation Regiment, Armor Division, Light Reaction Regiment, Special Forces Regiment (Airborne), and First Scout Ranger Regiment.

In a related development, Armed Forces Chief of Staff Gen. Andres Centino visited the troops in Pag-asa Island in the municipality of Kalayaan on March 4.

Centino inspected the military facilities and checked the troops' morale stationed on the island.

He told them the armed forces and the Filipino people are grateful for their service and sacrifice as defenders of the country's western frontier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: Spent some time in P.I. these Filipino guys do know the jungle - and are excellent fighters. And great knife handlers. Tough as nails. They are the Son's of battlefield Father's who fought in WWII. They are also fun to be with - and have a few beers (San Miguel). These beers take a while to get used to - after a while you may like them. I don't see this brand in stateside Liquor Stores any more? Watch the kids when your there - they are great pick-pocketer's - they can fleese you in a heart beat.
Weather: Hot & Humid there - and the bugs are as big as your fist - and I won't talk about the snakes (their huge). They got some pretty gals there as well.
-
Caution! - Don't drink the water - Bottle Water only!!! - you may get a serioius case of the hershey-trott's. I wasn't in Manilla - I was at the Subic Naval Base near Alongapo, PI.
Their is still another active base the USN has is NAS Cubie Point, P.I. (Still Active).
-
The Air Force Base no longer exist there - since the volcano erupted (~ 26 yrs ago) that buried the entire AF base. It was called Clark AFB. Luzon, P.I. After landing I hop'd on bus for 1.5-2.5 hour drive threw the jungle. I then caught a freighter USN AK-29 at Subic Bay - and went on to Da Nang.
-

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links