The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2019, 10:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Self Deceiving

6-19-2019

“After all is said and done, the only one that any person deceives is themselves – and you damned well know it!” For if there is a God and I happen to believe that there is, you certainly are not fooling Him!! “And yet, through all of this and more, there are still those who try?”This is not to say, of course, that I am the most religious individual around, but then, a lot of those who claim to be sacrosanct, including some people of the cloth and in the political arena, are liars as well – and down deep they all know it to! It is, however, my ardent belief that a man, any man, is judged by his deeds and actions and not necessarily by his claims! “And no amount of connections or free-flowing penance as well, is ever going to bring any man closer to redemption?” For after all is said and done, any bastard, is still a bastard and no belated, phony or ponderous volume of “I’m Sorry” is ever going get any person any closer to Paradise! It is actions, and not intent, that (once again in my opinion) differentiates between honesty and the liar! “And not position, kudos, friends, or even great finance, is ever going to buy any of us even a cup of ice water in Perdition - so live with it!”

“So why am I harping on this particular subject here on a veteran’s site – I’ll tell you why!”

“Because even veterans, but not necessarily all politicians, have souls and we all answer for our deeds (bad or good) and transgressions in the end, or so I truly believe? And as no human is perfect, (or even anywhere close to it), I still get truly amazed at how much evil some people willingly and gleefully perform, including under the color of authority, and even under the auspices of a scant few religious sects?

Hardcore
Old 06-19-2019, 12:12 PM

Arrow

AMEN - HC
-
I was born and raised a Catholic by my Grandparents. I've been to many funerals and hospitals watching people suffer and finally die. It's not pleasant to see them suffer in fact I ask God to take them so that their suffering will cease. I pray each day in my house for God to give me my wife's pain - she's better than me I tell the Lord God. But again I watch her suffer day after day and year after year.
-
Do I fear death - the word is NO! Am I perfect - the word is NO!. Will I go to HELL - most likely. (I'm used to hard work - plus I'm out of shape - and could use a workout).
-
But that is another door and another story of which none of us really knows.
-
They say good die young - I believe that. But also know the Good can live a long time in suffering before the door to heaven opens. But then when they die - I'm happy for them as they are no longer suffering.
-
I've seen death many times - I've seen cruelty and terrible things in my life. I'd rather spend an eternity in hell than to see these people suffer so badly.
-
I'm speaking from my own cycle of life. These issues of our life fade as we get older. We recall the lost but we don't forget them - the way they were when they were alive. We also know they suffered at the end with some prolonged devastating illness.
-
I'm next in the family food chain as my mileage will run out before long (how long who knows and who really cares). It's inevitable.
-
My motto is we live for today - you have to do that. You have to keep moving on or surrender yourself to an eternity (or misery?) - if there is a next stage of life after death.
-
My kids think their Dad is nuts - but I tell them everybody dies!
-
Don't fear death - I tell them - do you best while your living - eat the right foods get plenty of rest - when your sick go to the doctor - take your meds and you should recover.
-
Religion is a great sales pitch for the majority. Confess your sins go to church often and everything will be just fine. Plenty of people do that and they feel better knowing that God the almighty sees their worth.
-
Don't get me wrong I'm still Catholic and say my prayers. Just in case there is something on the other side. "We don't know" until our final breath.
-
But come on guys we're still hoofing it - still breathing air (somewhat polluted) but at least we're still here. Keep moving don't get static - don't judge others before you judge yourself.
-
I don't condemn those who fear God - but they are mortals like us all - we all make mistakes at one time or another.
-
When I go to hell - I will know doubt know many of them down there.
-
Meanwhile you're alive - get off your ass and do something. Change your routines don't get static. Drink a Beer - Eat fatty foods - but for God's sake be happy just doing something - like I said "Static will kill you!!"
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote