The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2003, 07:07 AM

Question Dixie Chicks

Received this from my cousin texas, who also is a Vietnam Vet, was wondering how the rest of you guys feel about them, we don't hear much of there music up here in Minn.

Subject: Dixie Chicks - A Soldiers Remarks
Letter from radio station website in Lubbock, home of
the Dixie Chick that spewed forth about our president:

Name: LT Layne McDowell
Date: 03/15/03 Time: 01:54:49 PM
Comment: An open letter to the Dixie Chicks
Earlier this week, while performing in London, you stated that you were
ashamed that our President is from your home state. I wonder if you realized how many Americans would be listening. This American was listening. This Texan is ashamed that you come from my state. I serve my
country as an officer in the United States Navy.Specifically, I fly F-14
Tomcats off carriers around the world, executing the
missions that preserve the very freedom you claim to exercise. I have proudly fought for my country in the skies over Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan without regret. Though I may disagree wholeheartedly with your comments, I will defend to the death your right to say them, in America. But for you to travel to a foreign land and publicly criticize our Commander in Chief is cowardice behavior. Would you have so willingly made those comments while performing for a patriotic, flag-waving crowd of Texans in Lubbock. I would imagine not. How dare you pocket profits off songs about soldiers, their deaths and patriotism while criticizing their Commander in Chief abroad, even while they prepare to give their lives to ensure your own freedom of speech.Please ask yourself, what have you done to deserve that sacrifice? Do not
try to justify your comments by claiming that you made them only because you care about innocent lives. Never once in our history have we
committed troops to war for the purpose of taking innocent lives. We
do it to protect innocent lives, even yours. If the world leaders of
the late 1930's had the vision and courage of our present Commander
in Chief, perhaps the evil men who caused the death of millions in WWII
would have never had the opportunity to harm a soul. The potential loss of millions of lives in the future at the hands of today's evil men
necessitate action. In a separate correspondence, I am returning to you
each and every Dixie Chicks CD and cassette that I have ever purchased.
Never again will I allow my funds to support your behavior. All you
have done is to add your name to a growing list of American "Celebrities" who have failed to realize that they have obtained their successes on the backs of the American blue-collar workers such as our servicemen and women. To Natalie Maines: This Texan?this American will continue to risk his life to guarantee your freedoms. What will you do to deserve it?
Old 03-27-2003, 07:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default thanks for the post !

says it all !

Larry
Old 03-27-2003, 10:57 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Thank You LCPD24:

Thank you LCPD24 for sending along your most recent entry into the Patriot Files, concerning a response to the DIXIE CHICKS comments that had previously been directed toward President Bush. The Naval Aviator, that originally wrote the response to the DIXIE CHICKS uncalled for remarks, spoke for the VAST MAJORITY of Veterans (you and I included) that were COMPLETELY AND EMOTIONALLY OPPOSED to THE VERY CONTENT OF THOSE REMARKS!

It is hoped that the vast majority of ALL AMERICANS were also completely and emotionally opposed to the content of the DIXIE CHICKS's remarks. If so, it is also hoped that those same Americans will remember the uncalled for remarks when IT COMES TIME TO PURCHASE A NEW RECORDING BY THE GROUP, OR PAY THE COST OF CONCERT TICKETS TO ATTEND A LIVE SHOW PUT ON BY THE GROUP! That is the ONLY THING these DISLOYAL ENTERTAINERS WILL FINALLY START TO UNDERSTAND. A DIMINISHED INCOME that could be DIRECTLY ATTRIBUTED TO the uncalled for remarks previously made by the entertainer!

As for me, I can not find any enjoyment in watching TODAY'S ENTERTAINERS. I still enjoy most of the MUSIC that came out of the 1050 to 1960 time frame. Back when most entertainers WERE NOT POLITICIANS and confined their remarks to THE WORDS IN THEIR SONGS ONLY!

Also gone are THE MOTION PICTURE SUPERSTARS who upheld the ideals of our GREAT COUNTRY when their service was needed more, IN THE MILITARY, then on the BIG SCREEN!

Superstars like:

Clark Gable (Combat Pilot during World War II)
James Stewart (Combat Pilot during World War II)
Audie Murphy (Congressional Medal Of Honor Recipient)
Elvis Presley (Served in the Army during the Berlin Crisis)
Bob Hope (Entertained Millions of GIs while overseas)

And many more entertainers that don't come to mind now, but were just as dedicated to the United States as the above were. I wonder how many of today's Superstars would give up huge incomes just to come to the assistance of Their Country WHEN THAT HELP WAS NEEDED MOST?

Lastly LCPD24, Thank you for being the type of guy you are, and for being there for me, when I desperately needed another Vietnam Vet to talk to. YOU ARE A TRUE FRIEND!

STAY SAFE and as always: WELCOME HOME BROTHER:

Vietnam 1968
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 12:35 PM

Dennis,

Nice peace it's a shame all those that need to read that won't really ever see it. But the point has been made not only by your kind words but by other's who've been just as angry as you and we aren't all from Texas.

The President is doing OK so far but we all have to say he had a pretty good team out there getting the job done. If you notice most are old school types who've been there and done that.

But what's impressed me the most is this all volunteer military and how well its presented itself on the battlefield. Untested and tossed into the wolves and doing a rather nice job of it.

I'm glad we've got the Brit's and other's over there because later they will be the only ones who can relate to just what is taking place there.

Some of the TV Embeds are also learning quite a lot. They will not be hasty reporting some future military action now that they've been there and done that. The bulk are out there for glory stories and trying to advance their careers but a few are out there to tell the right kind of story - the truth.

I'm proud of our military men and women who for so long have taken the brunt of bad news and of course the few bad apples that spoil the whole bunch. But we know and we understand more than anyone gives us credit for.

I'm not big on Dixie Chicks only know they are a bunch of women who look good and make money by showing it off. But I'll take a plain Jane anyday because she can no doubt cook, is great in bed and loves life for whatever it gives her.

To all the plain Jane's and John Doe's you make up the important reasons why being American is so important to me.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote