The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Korea

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2002, 08:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to RocelsGirl Send a message via Yahoo to RocelsGirl
Default Finding Information about a KIA

I'll get right to it. I am trying to find where PFC. Hiram E. Gilroy was killed. All I have is that he was in the 35th inf. reg.-25th Inf. Div. He was killed in North Korea on April 9, 1952.

He wasn't allowed to be buried at Arlington, which is where one of his older brothers (KIA-WW II) is buried. He is still with family though.

Actually any help finding any information would really be appreciated. Are family is proud of our military men, and we want the future generations to have real heros to look up to.

Thanks
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2002, 06:05 AM

Try www.americanwardead.com
They have all KIA/MIA soldiers from Korea in their database.
I sent for my uncles military records. I takes up to 6 months to get. Go to www.koreanwar.org. I believe that is where I found the request form from.
Good Luck.
Old 08-18-2002, 06:11 AM

Lightbulb

As previously posted, the information on Gilroy is located on the site, www.koreanwarproject.org. If you will go to the site at the top click on K-MIA section, enter his last name, then click on the name and add a personal message about him so others will know him as someone other than a name or number. Then in the last "19" remembrances located on the home page when you scroll down, on the right hand side of the site, you can post there and it will be transferred to his unit and probably you will receive a reply as how to develop further information concerning him.

SF
NC