The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2002, 09:51 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Thumbs up Interesting

The long holiday is over. Had lots of people around and a hell of a good time. Over the holiday Griz came back East to the Motherland. Unfortunately the meeting we had was only about 2 hours but it was sure enjoyable. (If he?s a grizzly bear then I?m a large brown bear.)
After all these years Griz learned some geography. He was talking about working on a bridge on highway 13 that Charlie was always blowing up. He said he could never understand why it didn?t get guarded. Told him he spent all that sweat on the Hoc Mohn Bridge and it was guarded. However 90% of the time Marvin the Arvin was doing the guarding; nuff said.
He also mentioned road clearing operations. That gave me an uncomfortable feeling. I distinctly recall one mine that his boys missed and we found - the hard way. Don?t think I would have cared for clearing mines. You find one and you can?t even shoot it, well not more than once.
To all that have not met him, Griz does have his head screwed on straight. He?s making some positive plans for the future and full of hope that God and the courts will allow that little darling of his to have the best life possible. Wish I had an eight year old - no one listens to me anymore, haven?t for years!
Come back soon Griz. And one other thing. If your sister ever met Doc Fred they will definitely need an interpreter.

Stay healthy,
Andy
PS: It is really a joy to met you guys, all of you. Think I?ll met some more in ?03.
PPS: Frisco, from about 5 PM till almost 10 I took a nap and Annette was with some friends getting high. Well, they were talking about smoking something, maybe a ham. Catch you later.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2002, 10:48 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default They say chicken soup is good medicine

for what ails you at times. But there is no better medicine than to be with people that respect you and lift you up. Griz needed that particular perscription. And looks like he got just what the doc ordered by returning to the Motherland to see the very people that can do that so well. I am so happy that he made that plane.
Here's hopin the heavens give him a good tailwind and get him home safe to his Kati Girl.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 12-03-2002, 07:46 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default No Tail Wind

Had it headed in the other direction...the flight home was unbearably long.But here I be,and Kati is here with me spending the night.Looks as though she`ll be living with her Mom during the week,and I get to be a week-end Dad.All and all,it`s all good.The trip to the "motherland" was just what the doctor ordered.Spending some time with my family allowed me to take a deep breath and to look objectively at my situation,and realize that everything-all the changes-are not without reason. The highlite of my trip was meeting Andy and Annette,although our time together was far too short.I felt immediately that Tom and I had been friends forever and am looking forward already to our next sit-down.There is a warmth that exudes from these two people that I cannot explain.A feeling of peace and trust that just seems to say "You are welcome here." .......My sister and Doc Fred...Ha ha..would probably need a platoon of interperators!

Peace,Griz
Old 12-03-2002, 07:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Griz,

Did you tell them that I'm really a nice guy inspite of how I treat you?

Keith

I've always wanted to go back to Mass. and look around Ft Devens. Spent two important years of my life on that post. It has lots of memories. They closed it down, probably can't get in anymore but it would be fun.

Glad you all had a great time. You folks are some of the finest folks I know.
Old 12-03-2002, 07:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It has come to my attention

There are a lot of accents out there. My daughter has the same problem. She rooms with two Aussies and an English girl. She has to continually tell them to slow down their talking and speak English. I guess it would take half the people of Tennessee becoming English teachers to correct the accent problem in this country alone. Pity, pity.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Griz!

The warmth that exudes from Andy is from the cabbage, sausauge, and other things he eats. It has nothing to do with his personality, it's all gastrointestinal.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-04-2002, 02:41 PM

Default Room Mates

My daughter has the same problem. She rooms with two Aussies and an English girl. She has to continually tell them to slow down their talking

Doc

Do you know where the room mates came from?

Are they attending university???

PM me if you would rather the reply off the thread
Old 12-04-2002, 03:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Sounds like a hell of a good time with two old friends meeting. Now Tom you and Annette get ready beause Joan and I are coming back to Boston in september for my Navy reunion. It runs from sept 1st thru sept 4th but we will probably get there a couple of days early and stay a couple of days after. we will be staying at the Ramada Inn Boston is that a good part of town?
Old 12-04-2002, 06:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wazza

The Aussies are both from Adleaide. They are here on a soccer scholoarship. They are superb players but have a little trouble with the cold weather at the end of the season. Their last game was a regional championship which they lost. It was 40 degrees (farenheit) and it was raining and very windy. Everytime there was a shot on goal the goalie had to dive in the icy water. It took them a while to warm her up after the game. They had her in the shower over thirty minutes. You couldn't tell they were cold by the way they played. Tough gals.
Old 12-04-2002, 07:12 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Wink Sn-e3

Honestly, there are no good parts of Boston. It's a Northern City! However you are not in a bad area. If anyone offers to take you to Roxberry, tell them you have a hand gun and will use it. That usually works.
God willing we'll be here and waiting for you anytime the first week in September. If it will be a whole week I know we'll have better luck than Lt and I had.
Our door is always open and contrary to what some people say, we'll feed you no cabbage. Speaking of food, the Union Oyster House is the oldest continually operated restaurant in America. You ask for a 4.75 pound lobster, that's exactlywhat they put on your plate. OK, there are some nice places in Boston.

Stay healthy,
Andy