The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2008, 08:11 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Troubling Times!

“Many of us still languish in a self-generated stupor, awaiting the ominous click that signals the release of the trap-door that is all that holds us back from eternity! And yet, through all that plagues our society and more, we remain self-medicated and oblivious to the irreparable damage that we have visited upon our very own existence!”

I watched yet another television production last evening on global warming - one of a growing number of programs on this critical subject! I came away with the opinion that we have irrefutably become that drunken maniac who is so often depicted in the movies. The idiot that is careening around blind curbs, at breakneck speeds!

I do not, contrary to some learned fools, believe that this game of chance is never-ending! Nor do I swallow the age-old beliefs that mankind is omnipotent in all things that relate to his own survival! This race of ours, has after all, proven repetitiously that it enjoys it’s little game of Russian Roulette. It insists upon engaging in warfare, courting disease and romancing ecological suicide.

It would be a lot quicker if mankind would change it’s crippling and fatal ways. Or baring that, simply put a bullet in his own brain. But then mankind has always tempted the fates, has he not - “maybe one time too many?”

VERITAS (Truth)
Old 07-15-2008, 08:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

But all the experts like Rush Limbaugh, Neal Bortz and Michael Savage have told us global warming is a left wing plot designed to bring down the free world and establish a one world order under Communism..

Last edited by 1CAVCCO15MED; 07-15-2008 at 09:16 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yup

What Doc Fred said!..................

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Here where I live, when a hurricane is headed our way, we don't listen much to the politicians or the tree-huggers. Their rhetoric doesn't seem to affect the hurricane one way or the other. It just keeps right on churning.

We listen to the meteorologists. It's their knowledge that will make the difference.

Our earth...our PHYSICAL planet...is affected by balances or imbalances in its environment. The earth doesn't listen to what anybody says either. It just keeps right on being affected by balances or imbalances.

If anyone seriously entertains the thought that humans do not significantly affect our environment, I'm not going to try to convince you one way or the other. I'll just suggest that you do some reading on environmental feedback...find out what it is and how it works, and then decide for yourself.

So, you can believe the politicians, or the tree-huggers, or the ecological alarmists picketing the White House with signs that read, "SAVE THE BLUE-SPOTTED TOAD". You can believe the leaders who meet in Vienna or someplace and decide what's important for the world or what's not important for the world.

When it's all said and done, THE EARTH will decide what's important.

I, personally, will put my stakes on the ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTISTS, who, like the meteorologists, don't have a political agenda and who know more than anyone else about how the earth works, how it sustains itself, and how it stays in balance.

It's their knowledge that will make the difference.

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 07-16-2008, 10:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Steve

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Your friend and another "backwater retard from Florida"!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82Rigger View Post
I, personally, will put my stakes on the ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTISTS, who, like the meteorologists, don't have a political agenda and who know more than anyone else about how the earth works, how it sustains itself, and how it stays in balance.

It's their knowledge that will make the difference.
My A$$ they don't have a political agenda IF they don't follow the line they don't get their funding or a pay check...............
Old 07-16-2008, 01:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sorry...

We've been keeping weather stats for 100 years, the planet is billions of years old. I have read as many scientists/environmentalist, etc. that don't believe the global warming scare that do. There is always an agenda on both sides but sorry....don't believe this any more than I believed in the coming of the 2nd Ice Age that was coming when we were all kids. I ain't from Missouri....but "show me".

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 07-16-2008, 03:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Um-hum

People are exchanging their flip-flops and shorts for close-toed shoes and fleece more than usual this summer. The cool, gloomy weather is almost as hot a topic in town as steep gas prices. But forecasters and climatologists say that while temperatures are below average, they aren't reaching any notable extremes. Problem is, the gray skies over South central this year are following several years of pretty nice weather.
"I think there's a perception thing because there's been a lot of cloud cover this summer," said Sam Albanese, a forecaster with the National Weather Service in Anchorage. "Really what's happening this year is nothing extraordinary. ... It's just that '04 and '05 were so (warm and sunny) ... and it's so fresh in people's memories that people think, 'Wow, this is so cold.' "

The record-setting summer of 2004 spoiled Anchorage residents, forecasters said. Between June and August of that year, more than 40 days had high temperatures over 70 degrees. Normally, Anchorage has 14 or 15 days in the summer that reach the 70-degree mark, Albanese said.
This year, there have been two. And the city didn't see 70 at all until July 2. That threshold typically comes in early to mid-June, according to weather records.
So far this month, the daily high temperature has fallen below the average high for the date more than half the time. In fact, the temperature has missed the mark every day for the past week.
And in June, temperatures fell below the average high on 24 of 30 days.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-16-2008, 05:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I found a good article which traces the study of CO2 and its effects on warming the earth. It had started being studied during the 1800's and the possibliity of greenhouse warming was first proposed at around 1900. The article traces the process of studying it and the debates about it through the entire 20th Century and up to today. I haven't read it all yet but I do find it very interesting. http://www.aip.org/history/climate/co2.htm
Old 07-16-2008, 06:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sandy,

By ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTISTS I mean those scientists around the globe who have contributed valid and truthful information to the world's knowledge database in the fields of Atmospheric Science, Ecology, Environmental Chemistry, and Environmental Biology.

A "scientist" who intentionally skews his research results for ANY reason is not a scientist. He's a fraud.

Steve / 82Rigger