The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2004, 10:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Mel,
Yup, a trip to the woodshed with the Nanny for the whole bunch from time-to-time wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. Sometimes the ol red-ass clears the mind and vision plus repairs crossed-uppadid attatudes, maybe. At least some might learn what end is for what and not have outhouse dumplings falling out all over the place when they speak.

Scamp
Old 06-28-2004, 12:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default melody

1. Person A has made untrue statements about Person B.
2. Person B hears said untrue statements from Person A, and takes umbrage about the lies.
3. Person A encounters Person B, expecting Person B to ignore the lies uttered by Person A, and to behave as if no lies were uttered.
4. Person B refuses to ignore the lies, informs Person A that he is a liar, and that as a liar, he should go perform aforementioned act upon himself.
5. Person B is indeed acting with integrity. It may not be acting with phoney civility, but it is, by God, acting with integrity. Person B is simply being true to his own standards of character, refusing to allow a lying SOB to besmerch his good name.

Clinton was "slammed" by Republicans because (a) Clinton was committing perjury, (b) obstructing justice, and (c) cheating on the golf course.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:56 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I can bet you that all sorts of republicans and dems alike have done things worse than Clinton did.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Maybe Mel.......

I?m sure if we really tried, looked hard and were objective we?d find a politico that played it straight for a little while anyway, maybe. Bill Clinton?s problem was twofold; first and foremost he was totally indiscrete with a giggly, yappy kid. That?s bad news by definition, even for non-politicos. And second, the generic political payback man came calling and Clinton had put himself on the close range berm and was the absolutely classic shooting gallery duck. Maybe it?s good or maybe bad, but long-gone are the days where there was honor among thieves, so to speak, and now a politico that gets caught in a corner with his pants around his ankles or up to some other kind of alleged no-good is all set up for an opposition hammering, big time and I?m talking big, high-tech big time hammering.

Ha, now that I know that Clinton is alleged to have cheated at gulf I?m thinking he had some class after all. I don?t play the game but do appreciate W.C Fields? views, thoughts and rules of gulf. I think his ?stolen ball? rule is the potential savior of all mankind and chickadees as well.

Scamp
Old 06-29-2004, 02:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default melody

Let's see: the last time a Republican did what Clinton did, i.e., have impeachment proceedings brought against him, was Andrew Johnson, the Vice President who assumed the Presidency after Lincoln was assassinated. The Democrats in the Senate didn't like him, and tried to remove him from office. Their hen-house plot failed by one vote. Biggest difference is than Johnson didn't commit perjury, didn't obstruct justice, and golf hadn't been invented yet.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-29-2004, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by melody1181 Scamp.....

Thinkin back to your first post on this matter. They all prob deserve a whoppin of some kind, eh? I have never meet a politician worth much.

Firemedic.....
I dislike both sides evenly most of the time. right now I just don't care much for Bush. not him but most of his policies. I think there is a middle road in this. Both sides only work for what they want not what WE all need. There are alot of ways i lean to the right and alot of ways I lean to the left. Actually more to the right really but I can not stand the current enviroment in politics, esp the Republican leadership and Dems leadership.

Melody, I can agree that there is alot to be desired in most politicians, most of the time. But you must admit that for the most part, Presidents like Bushand Reagan have been more supportive of our military than the likes of Clinton and Carter. That's another big reason why I can't vote democrat anymore.

I think I might vote for my grandpa's dog....would prob look better anyway.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

No doubt that Clinton was a complete a-hole. As a person he was bad. My only point was that there are plenty of cheating republicans and such that just have not been caught.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default melody

Are you making a statement of fact, or just pure conjecture?

Old 07-02-2004, 12:07 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I guess its conjecture for the most part but I believe it. I also believe that there are plenty of Dems that have not been caught.

There is alot of manure spread both ways at both parties. Lots of "pure conjecture" is thrown at the Dems now by republicans and that doesn't seem to stop them. I dislike both sides really.

Just my opinion, you have yours too....everyone does and thats ok with me.