The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2003, 10:35 PM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 
Default Roll Call

Just a roll call for woman on the patriotfiles.
Are you active duty/prior service/civilian?
Any other misc. info you would like to share?
Just curious.

Bernadette
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2003, 10:39 PM

Distinctions
Special Projects POM Staff Contributor 
Default so I will start it off

I am a civilian with a Vietnam Swift Boat Father and a Gulf War Boyfriend. Live in Mucho Sunny San Diego.
My pride & joy is our dog woody & three very different cats.
I had a dream last night about knitting so I am over 25

That is all I can think of.

Bernadette
Old 01-06-2003, 02:49 PM

To Arrow- your words are so inspiring. I deeply commend you. I've met so many women (and men I guess) that have risen to the occasion when it comes to caring for a sick loved one. God Bless you that you were there. I hope that I would have the same strength.
I am a civilian wife of 24 years . I have a beautiful 13 year old daughter and a 22 year old son who is currently serving overseas as an Army Infantryman. I feel that God has put me in the role of support for him- to keep him strong- so that he can reach all of his potential.
I am a school bus driver and trainer. I have a cool dog named Fred. Life is good in my house.

By the way Philly- your boys are very handsome.

Old 01-06-2003, 04:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 
Default Arrow..

Hey you, You have blessed my heart a million time.. Your are one strong women..
As you all no my dad is a nam vet..
I have had two really hard times in my life..
The first I lost my boyfriend to a car wreck one mnt to the day before my wedding 10 years ago..I was 21 and he was the love of my life.. I burried him and it was just like I was burring myself..
The second you all know about I do belive..
I had a misscarriage on Nov.6 2002 (That was the hardest time of my life)..
I am old enough to know better But young enough not to worry about
love you all
Your friend God Bless,
Tina
Old 01-06-2003, 10:00 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Hello all.

I was born on an Air Force Base (Dad was in the Army after he got out of the Navy). He died and Mom raised us by herself.

My spouse is retired from the Army (after serving 4 years in the National Guard). He fought in Vietnam and Panama. We met when I was a child (16) so he threw me back. Fortunately, he came back later and found me.

We blame our marriage on the children. When I asked if they wanted to participate in the wedding, Chris and Peter said "I want to give you to Darrel". Eric was the best man.

Family is our focus. Darrel has 3 and so have I so we have 6. The only thing we fight about is how dead to kill the children when they are bad.

We ran away from home, again, last October. This time we're in Las Vegas. I'm working for an Engineering firm and Darrel is working at Radio Shack.

Patriotism. Our families, both men and women, have fought in every war since the Revolution and will be there for the next one (or is it this one).

I have lived an amazing life. I voted for Nixon in my first election, knit, crochet, do beadwork, sew, cook, repair a car, grow a garden, build a bookcase, build a computer, raise a child and love a man.

Joy

"You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give."
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-06-2003, 11:59 PM

Talking

Hi, there everyone. I am not on often enough for anyone but Arrow, my sweet little sparrow, and the amazing Bern woman, for you to know me, or of me. I read Chris's (SN-E3) posts and the answers to them. Don't worry...he encourages me to. We both hosted the 1st West Coast Campout last May. WoW what great folks we were able to meet and enjoy. I work with Chris finding his old shipmates from the USS Black. We hunt them down and reunite them at a reunion every year. This will be only the 4th reunion coming up in Sept. in Boston. It is a lot of work, but boy the heartwarming experiences of seeing these old swabbys hug each other with tears in their eyes is a joy to behold. I will be more tuned into what's goin' on from here on out. I look forward to chatting with y'all. Nice to meet you.....Joan Welch (Irish Eyes)
Old 01-07-2003, 04:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Talking

All the women on this forum are angles in my eyes love ya all bunchs thanks for putting up with us.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:49 PM

Default USMC

Hi all,

Just dropped by to catch up on things after a busy holiday. The family was visiting from Illinois and Florida, along with my 5 y/o neice whom I had never seen before. We had a wonderful visit but now things are settling down again and I can get back to my routine of work and computers.

For those of you newbies who don't know me, I'm a Marine Corps veteran who served from '79 to '81. I would have done a full 20 years if I hadn't gotten sick and been forced to separate from the Corps. I'm extremely proud of my service and still carry it with me to this day. A Marine is a Marine forever, as any of us will tell you!!

Right now, I'm living and working in Las Vegas, Nevada. In addition to being 100% service connected for my medical problem and it's associated complications, I also work for the VA here in Las Vegas. I'm a health care professional, but no, not a nurse. I can honestly say that I truly love my job, but the best part of what I do is being able to help and interact with other vets. I prefer to think of myself as a "vet who helps vets".

Anyway, it's nice to see so many of us here. We're women who've "stood the watch", whether it's been in the uniform or behind the uniform. True patriots. Nice to see everyone!!!!!!!

Semper Fi!!!
Old 01-29-2003, 01:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

After reading over everyone's posts it was good to get to know you all. I am a vietnam era vet who served in the army while a mother of two little girls. They are grown now with children of their own. I have 3 grandsons and two granddaughters and two adopted sons both in the military. Air Force
Tnanks Bernadette for letting us get to know each other.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Chris, Chris, Chris, . . . .

Always trying to score points with the ladies. You need some counciling, lets go fishing!

Keith