The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2010, 04:35 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default Wouldn't it be great...

...TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR ANY U.S. PRESIDENT, DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

"My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of the Iraq regime has been completed.

Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete.

This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short . The United Kingdom , Spain , Bulgaria , Australia , and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains every one not on the first list.. Most of the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war. THEN EVERY YEAR THERE AFTER IT'll GO TO OUR SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM SO IT WONT GO BROKE IN 20 YEARS.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hell holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine ? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France .

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home . On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France or maybe China .

I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France , Germany , and Russia . Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bonne chance, mezamies.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this.. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors.. Canada is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change..

Mexico is also on List 2 its president and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple extra thousand tanks and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put 'em? Yep, border security.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty - starting now.

We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be drilling for oil in Alaska- which will take care of this country's oil needs for decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there.

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, 'darn tootin.'

Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America It is time to eliminate homelessness in America . To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thank you guys. We owe you and we won't forget..

To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to speak Arabic.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:08 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Doc,...

"Works-fir-me"!!!

Neil
Old 03-15-2010, 11:38 AM

Thumbs up That's what we should do - for sure

Wouldn't that be a surprise. We have to start putting the foot down and start calling the shots and dotting the I's -------

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:49 AM

Cool Most of this I can agree with, but...

Most of this I can agree with, but...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suspect that if congress did not want to spend more money in Iraq (as stated at the beginning of the fictional speech), it would be because it was unpopular with voters - regardless of who was president. If politicians (either party) thought it would cost them votes based on security, this would not happen.

And, if the Iraq war was not popular with voters, it could be for the same reasons that other countries (the majority) did not support it in the beginning: that WMD thing, the question of whether Iraq was really a threat to American homeland (and couldn't have been addressed with containment, inspections, a few well-placed cruise missiles), and sudden flip from the Afghan/Taliban mission way back there in 2003. As stated in the fictional speech, I support the idea of fast, surgical, harsh punishment for anyone who screws with us.

On that vane, it should be noted that before the Iraq invasion, we had world-wide sympathy after 9-11 and most countries supported our role in Afghanistan. Check out the list of countries that supported the Gulf War/Kuwait invasion. Even Japan and Germany made contributions totaling $10 billion and $6.6 billion. That sympathy got squandered by the Bush/Cheney administration when the momentum got flipped to Iraq.

I'm all for drawing down our role as world police force and foreign aid rich-uncle and spending that money (wisely) on American infrastructure, education, economy, etc. In fact, I think it's imperative given our current state. I just argue the point on the reason stated why we should consider those our friends and those our "un-friends" based simply on their initial support of an unpopular war seven years ago. Two hundred years ago when American was new, Britain would have been our enemy while Spain, the Dutch and France close allies.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote