The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2003, 03:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I Need Some Ideas!

Two weeks ago our church was burglarized and vandelized. There was a gang of kids in town vandelizing and burglarizing churches. They had vandelized several other churches before they got to ours. The police has caught all (8) the kids. Ages from 9 - 14. They were doing all their burglaries between 1 AM and 4 AM in the morning. The prosecutor is going to meet with the Pastors of the Churches for ideas on punishment for these kids. So, I thought maybe you could come up with some creative ideas!

I have a few ideas but maybe you could expand on my ideas.

Keith

I am some what worried about any ideas Sid and John may come promote.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Have them work at the church for a year. Have them clean up the damage they did and go to community outreach (if you have that in the church) with seniors and disabled. I am sure most will realize how important the church is after working there for some time.
Old 07-23-2003, 04:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Well Keith it seems like they had to much time and too little supervision. There fore I would say because of there ages make them do some community service. such as work in the parks. painting over graffitti, possible helping out at the senior center. but make them work hard to fix what they destroyed. they have to learn now or they will be lost forever.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:58 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default a construction laborer............

was one of the most thankless hardest working jobs I ever had. I once mixed 760 bags of concrete in one day. If your town has any roadside contracts with a GC for road repairs, sidewalk repairs, etc. make them do that as community service. A few months of back breaking work to create something new or repair something old will give them a new outlook toward maintaining structures and respecting property.

Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 07-23-2003, 05:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Read the Article in the local paper.

http://www.kvnews.com/

Read the article and decide what you would do if you were the prosecuter.

Keith
Old 07-23-2003, 07:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bro Keith

In addition to seconding all the great suggestions that preceded mine, I'd like to offer one more: since their parents didn't have a clue that their little darlin's were out and about, I'd have the parents involved as appropriate, working side-by-side with the little miscreants. Maybe there could be a little parent-child interaction, which appears to be missing up to this point.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 07-23-2003, 08:39 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Just an idea

Because there is an issue of liability, you need special insurance if you have kids working on your property. I'm coming at this from a different view. Have the children spend lots of time with elders and the Pastors, talking, having them help out doing little things. But mostly getting to know that it was good people who they hurt. The kids are young enough for this to be a learning experience.

As far as clean up, work around the church, mowing grass, shoveling snow, well the parents are accountable for any child under the age of 16 in all states. Sit in the church talking to the kid and have mom and/or dad outside mowing the yard; that's what I'd do.

Keith, are there no $100 citations for curfew out there? Have the parents pay a few of those fines and supervision gets a lot better. Why in the world would an unsupervised 9 year old be out at 2 AM? Our rule was always take them home, ONCE. After that it was bag 'em and tag 'em. The third time, along with the citation, we'd get the Department of Youth or Social Services involved. Unless it was just a one time deal, it is child neglect, under the same heading as child abuse, in our state. NINE years old???

Stay healthy,
Officer Friendly
PS: The computer wouldn't let me go to your news paper.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

David has the best idea, if what the others say holds true. I pray it all works out for the best.

Larry

DEO VINDICE
Old 07-24-2003, 05:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

I can't speek for PHO , who seems to have a special spot in his heart for skinning people , but getting all 8 in a pile lying on a frag , with the pin pulled , with a smoke fuse could be reasonable.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Agree

with Scout and Andy. Kids AND PARENTS should be forced to do community service at the places they destroyed. Upon further reading, if nobody agrees to that......DMZ LT's would also please me. One other thought. I'm low on golf balls....send them to me with waterproof bags and swim suits. They can dive for balls on the courses here. Doesn't sound tough, but then there's the Gators.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)