The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2018, 09:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Truth On Its Own - May Never Set You Free

6-24-2018

There are no two individuals, not even within the same family, who are exactly alike – so learn to live with it people! And even if you go all the way back to biblical days, even Cain and Abel were constantly at each other’s throats (literally)! And if it wasn’t brother against brother, or nation against nation, then it is race against race, one political faction against another and even neighbor against neighbor. “When, if ever, will we ever learn?”

One thing, however, may eventually lead to the total collapse of civilization as we know it, in my opinion, and that is when the people of any given nation can not even get along with each other! And this, unfortunately, has been the ongoing saga of mankind ever since the beginning of time, or for at least as long as our race of being has existed.

And for as long as there has been greed, avarice, lust, hatreds, and even carnage itself, mankind has been balancing its existence upon the head of a pin! And one of these days, face it or not, some damned fool is bound to push the wrong button! Then no matter how often we attempt to deny it, or how much we want to believe to the contrary, for as long as mankind retains its penchant for war and self-immolation, and unless we some day (soon) learn to really get along with, or at least tolerate, each other, our days upon this tiny blue planet may indeed be numbered?

“But then oblivion, or even non-existence as a species if you prefer, is a concept that is totally un-fathomable and even unimaginable, to us near gods, now isn’t it people, as we all have our own systemic beliefs and personal superstitions to keep us afloat forever?”

Hardcore
Old 06-24-2018, 01:08 PM

Default Trigger's -

HC - I afraid you're right across the board! It's difficult to ascertain that we human beings are like that - but its true - God Help Us. Are we born with this or is it something we learn as we grow and evolve? Is it the impressions we get from our parents or others during our path of life? Does the media or movies influence our decision making processes about how we should react to others? When we are born - are these characteristics genetically endowed into us by our parents or is it more fundamental that we are like we are?

Prejudice towards other's is learned by those around us and its uploaded into us to decide if these issues are to become part of our human nature. Or is it each person's brain digest data different in its interruption of what's going on?

I was never prejudice growing up but I knew many others that were. I didn't know why but I saw lots of it growing up. I've been around the world at least three times in my life and have been in many countries mostly moderate to poor. I didn't see any prejudice towards me because I was white or an American. People I met (of all color and races) were always friendly.

Except during VN the things what happen there - and to so many - are life experiences of which no one can understand unless you were there. I lost some Bud's and my best friend and Brother. Your character changes in a war zone and these flashbacks you carry with you all your life. How you deal with it when you get home is a process that takes time to re-acclimate. It's a slow process but over time you can deal with it

I have many friends - white - black and in all other lands I've been too. While I say I'm not prejudice - I'm careful. I'm not a monk I've been in war and I know how to protect myself & my mates at all times. I can fight and hurt people if I must. But the majority of people (exception to service times) are basically good nature'd. I'm no monk or holier than tho type - I believe in God but I don't practice the religion I grew up as a Catholic. Will I go hell - who know's - I've saw a part of hell while I was growing up.

Am I the type of person that other's would like to meet? I don't know? Am I a good guy (mostly). I'm Italian as is my whole family and we have temper's that can rock the ground when energized. But mostly I don't teach my kids not to hate anyone - but I do tell them not all people are friendly - and to always watch their back and to not go into locations that they know are unsafe.

Your article triggered something in me. This is why I'm responding. I'm sure most can relate to the issues growing up and the teaching's of their parents and friends. Many of these people can put prejudice thinking into the public which results in many street battles of which I've been in and seen growing up.

I'd like to believe this is a small minority that carries these hatred issues with them all their lives. Being mistreated by your parents or bullied may have a big influence on your life as you grow up.

I think I've said enough - its most likely going to erupt into some feedback from our viewers - but again I say prejudice is not inherited its taught by other's which can make your life a holy hell for many years.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote