The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Benefits

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2004, 06:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default CRSC Success Stories?

Any folks out there with success dealing with the CRSC thingie?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2004, 03:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Well, I have gotten 20% CRSC out of the latest Jan 1st 2004 version. I had a good VA Benifits Counsler help me fill out the forms. Plus my Paper work was only four years old so everything was recent. I do know the form is vague at the best for instructions so it helps to have someone help fill it out. So in closeing I am hopeing some day I will finnally receive 100% of my Retirement pay and my VA disability. Till then like they say no one is shooting at me, Life is good
Old 12-07-2004, 10:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Jerry

Thanks for your successful report. I'm going to re-submit my stuff, having been adequately counseled by our MOPH service officer at the local VA clinic. My initial request was denied, citing 'Non Combat Related.' Guess I have to draw a big red circle around my Purple Heart citation, which at last report, was indeed a Combat related situation. I'm currently rated at 40 %, so will see if my reclama has any effect.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-07-2004, 08:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Yep, SS since you have a Purple Heart make sure the form your filling out is the newest one,my VA counsler had the outdated forms Mine were the newer ones DD FORM 2860 TEST (V3), APR 2004 off the Web. also Purple Heart claims must include a copy of the citation of the award...even a picture of the actual battlefield award suffices.Also here is a helpful website
http://www.crlegislation.com/News/tips5_19.htm
Hope this helps and best of luck.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Jerry

Per PM, I'm going to forward you a copy of the Sequence of Events and Supporting Documentation for reconsideration. Kindly review it, and let me know what you think. Will mail it today, pending your comments.
Brice

Old 12-20-2004, 06:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Jerry

Wanted to publicly thank you for your comments and counsel! I have resubmitted everything, along with supporting documents, and requested a receipt upon delivery. This package was mailed on 8 Dec. and to date, not receipt from the addressee yet. It ruly amazes me how any thing ever gets done in the DC area, with such attitudes that must prevail there. Will let you know the outcome, if and when.....

In the meantime, may you and yours have the most blessed Christmas ever!

Brice

Old 12-20-2004, 04:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Smile Merry Christmas Brice

Your welcome Brice and we hope you an yours have a great Christmas season also btw here is some trivia per todays date 12/20/1989 . I was deployed to San Antonio Texas to Kelly AFB to support the mission in Panama to get Noriega for Operation Just Cause "Just Because to us GI's " San Antonio was cold that winter also and them C-5s take a lot of fuel to fly to Panama. So, Since I was the Radio Man I was assigned the task of standing at the refueling receptacle aka SPR "single point refueling connector (you had to wear gloves or your hands froze to the metal nozzle) until the plane was full. Also on another note that was the first time I got to see a Pallet full of Uncut 100$ bills.The MP standing guard let us look at the Millions of dollars sitting there BUT no touching
Old 12-22-2004, 07:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Operation Just Cause or Because was one in which our #1 pup participated as a member of the 3rd Bn, 75th Rangers. He later related some hairly situations to me, when he returned some 4 weeks later. Thanks for doing your part to assist him and his men.

On the CRSC thingie, I finally got the return receipt back from Alexandria, VA, mailing the packet on 8 Dec; the receipt was marked into the CRSC Section on 16 Dec, an unbelievable 8 days to get into the system. If and when I hear the them and their decision, I'll let you know.

And the merriest of Christmasses to you and yours!
Brice