The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2002, 05:35 PM

Default Anyone ever stationed in Schweinfurt?

Here is a copy of a letter I sent to the webmaster of the 1/4 air cav concerning my recent visit.

PS

Any kind soul have a picture of the front gate of Conn Barracks, especially the Luftwaffe eagle that is on the left side
of the front of gateguard building? Please email it to me at:

sifurichmooney@yahoo.com Thanks! .

"I recently got back from a trip to Germany, and I stopped by to see the old kaserne where I was once stationed, that being Conn Barracks.

The *only* thing I wanted to do was to get a picture of the front of the kaserne, specifically the old german luftwaffe eagle. I was told that it was not allowed due to security procedures now in place since 9-11.

Sadly, when I was at Conn in the late 70's and early 80's with the 3rd Cbt Avn Bn, 3rd Infantry Division I did not think of future memories. That guilt is on me.

Well, I understood the restriction and took a walk to my old barracks, now in the hands of the 1/4 Air Cav, I was amazed at the lack of camaraderie when I walked in, just given a warning not to go downstairs (as I knew from over 20 years ago that is where the arms room was located). In addition to being a member of the 3rd ID, I was also a member of the 1/6 Air Cav, and thought of the good old days, and fellowship the way it was.

I was kind of hoping for a little show around to the hangar where I used to work on ah-1s(mod) cobras, but such was not my luck, and not even a smile or "how goes it" from the CSM, who was a buck private when I was already a platoon sergeant.

Then I happen upon the homepage you have, and I am in wonder at all the wonderful information you have given to any terrorist who may care to see your page, a veritable SALUTE report, to include the pictures of your CO and CSM, then the
Ground Troops Picture Gallery, and of course the Schweinfurt Military Command letting everyone know how many troops there are, what units, where they are located.

I am still in shock that all I wanted to do was take one lil picture as a memory, and was not allowed to do so, when I see so much tactical information on your pages, and the schweinfurt military community pages.

I pray for the safety of your units!"

of course I never got a reply.........
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links