The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2006, 01:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Good Guy, Glen Ford. But I agree with Bill, the bio seems to be juiced up a bit, but not a big deal, necessarily.
Fonda is far more famous for her stint as a PAVN AA gunner but don?t know what her ?people?s? rank or rating was. Opportunities missed, eh. Had she plopped her butt on a hot and painting AA battery, she most likely would have gotten something really hot and fast, right up her attitude and resting in glorious revolutionary pieces and be a T-shirt Icon. But these days she is focused on vagina kinds of things, but I?m not certain that Lenin, Ho, Stalin, Mao, Castro or Kim Jung Il were or are equipped that kind of plumbing, but who knows.

Too funny Ron, we could never get a peep out of the Americal and they never answered up, but they went hard to track at all. They keyed the TX or turned on a pocket transistor radio and they could be fixed within a very few meters. Ay sus, the spook world. :re: But I wouldn't know of such things. :cl:

Scamp
Old 09-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Sea
To funny?
I say so many thing that are funny , what was it that was a feather? I bet Naval Infantry. Thats just the Marines begining.

Ron
Old 09-02-2006, 04:23 PM

Ron,

Read closely: "Medal of Honor presented by the Veterans of Foreign Wars." The Congressional Medal of Honor is presented by the President. You seem to take items out of context.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post It's too bad . . . . . .

It is so sad to see that much of Hollywood is anti-establishment.
I wish we had more Jimmy Stewards, and Glenn Fords in this day and age.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I agree with Keith on that and I always admired Clark Gable, Capt (William Clark Gable), USAAF gunner/observer 8th AF: 91 BG, 303 BG, 351 BS, 359 BG (Hermann G?ring offered Luftwaffe pilots a $5000 reward for his capture, dead or alive) Although he was beyond the draft age at the time the United States entered World War II, Clark Gable enlisted as a private in the AAF on Aug. 12, 1942, at Los Angeles. He attended the Officers? Candidate School at Miami Beach, Fla., and graduated as a second lieutenant on Oct. 28, 1942. He then attended aerial gunnery school, and in February 1943, on personal orders from Gen. Hap Arnold, he went to England to make a motion picture of aerial gunners in action.He was assigned to the 351st Bomb Group at Polebrook and although neither ordered nor expected to do so, flew operational missions over Europe in B-17s to obtain the combat film footage he believed was required for producing the movie, titled "Combat America".?

Capt. Gable returned to the United States in October 1943 and was relieved from active duty as a major on June 12, 1944, at his own request, since he was over-age for combat. Because his motion picture production schedule made it impossible for him to fulfill his AAF Reserve officer duties, he resigned his commission on Sept. 26, 1947.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Covan
What are you talking about?
What have I taken out of contex?
Items?

Ron
Old 09-02-2006, 10:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Two totally different Medals of Honor.

[Among his numerous medals and commendations are the Medal of Honor presented by the Veterans of Foreign Wars; ]

Read very careful Ron & Neil,

The Medal of Honor was not the "Congressional Medal of Honor" which is presented by President with the consent of Congress. It is a medal presented by the VFW a para-military organization. I suppose you could go to the VFW site and find out if they indeed did present Glenn Ford with their "Medal of Honor" It was not the congressional Medal of Honor but the VFW Medal of Honor. Two totally different medals.

However, I'm not sure about some of this either, like:

[At the beginning of World War II Glenn served in the Coast Guard Auxiliary. In 1942 he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. As a Marine he helped build safe houses in occupied France for those hiding from the Nazis and was among the first Americans to enter the infamous Dachau concentration camp at war?s end.]

I'm sure he served his country well but some of his accomplishments don't quite track. I think someone got over zealous.

Keith
Old 09-03-2006, 03:41 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Kieth
What I said "
Checking out , "Among his numerous medals and commendations are the Medal of Honor" shouldn't be difficult to check.
I really hate to beat on a dead guy. "

Then Covan writes to me that "You seem to take items out of context." and I ask what I took Out of contex and get no answer.

What the hell, people, .

Ron
Old 09-03-2006, 08:12 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Keith...

Understood.
Plus, probably even American Legion passes out their
own variation of Medals of Honor?
Both organizations big on such.

Still believe you're wrong calling the actual and authentic
Medal of Honor...The "Congressional" Medal of Honor,
just because referred to as such many times on
News Reports, TV Shows and in movies.

Wasn't all that long ago that I too was corrected about such,
since just not so.

Neil
Old 09-03-2006, 01:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Congressional Medal of Honor

Neil,

Check out this site: http://www.cmohs.org/ also checked other sites that refer to the Medal as the Congressional Medal of Honor. I think Medal of Honor and Congressional Medal of Honor are both correct.

They claim the official name is: Congressional Medal of Honor.

Keith

also

This is suppose to be the "Official Biography" of Glenn Ford.

[Nothing about: Building safe houses or being in the Coast Guard.]

[At the beginning of World War II Glenn served in the Coast Guard Auxiliary. In 1942 he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. As a Marine he helped build safe houses in occupied France for those hiding from the Nazis and was among the first Americans to enter the infamous Dachau concentration camp at war?s end.]

Glenn Ford. Born Gwyllyn Ford in Quebec, Canada, on May 1, 1916, Ford is close-mouthed about his combat experience, and modestly states that during the war, while others were fighting the war, he was ?making films.? What he fails to mention is that he was in command of a camera crew filming the Normandy landing on D-Day from the beach while under the constant threat of German small arms fire.

Ford enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps on Dec. 13, 1942, and completed basic training at San Diego. He was assigned to John Ford?s OSS photographic unit. Ford, a Marine sergeant, was one of the first Americans to enter the concentration camp at Dachau after its liberation by Allied troops. After the war, Ford was discharged from the Marines as a sergeant. His 108 films include 3:10 to Yuma (1957), Imitation General (1958) and Midway (1976)

Ford enlisted in the naval reserve on Dec. 30, 1958. He served as a public affairs officer for the 11th Naval District where he attained the rank of captain, and served on active duty for 30 days when he volunteered with his reserve unit for duty in a forward combat area in Vietnam. He advised Marine combat camera teams filming a documentary in the Mekong Delta. For his actions, Commander Glenn Ford was awarded the Navy Commendation Medal, and was decorated with the Vietnamese Legion of Merit First Class by Premier Nguyen Cao Ky on Feb. 4, 1967. He retired from the active reserve on Oct. 1, 1978.

Some well meaning people got over zealous.

Keith