The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2003, 08:21 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Congratulations & Good Luck?

Some years back, I noted a trend that, on the face of it, looked noble enough? When one delved below the surface, however, a disturbing insight began to manifest itself!

With more and more people (Baby Boomers) traveling beyond a marketable age, many companies began to tout volunteerism. It was related that this was a corporate good-will gesture geared to give these oldsters something to do with their idle time, much of it for free, or damned close to it!

This naturally displaced many younger paid employees in jobs that were less than sufficiently skilled! It also led to some of this nation?s largest companies issuing massive layoffs of "In The Loop Employees", and replacing them with people of advancing age who were willing to work for less $$, sometimes far less!!

And if the current employees of a profitable concern were not willing to take pay cuts or make other concessions, they were often given the boot or the company would merely move abroad where labor could be had for a fraction of the going rate stateside!

Also under NAFTA, or some other splendid sounding (?) governmentally orchestrated boondoggle, many of the same tax benefits available to "USA Based Corporations" were made available to these turncoat(now foreign-based), slave-waged, maquiladora employers! (Such A Deal!)

I hate to say it, being a staunch supporter of American interests and ideals, but war has become a splendid way for some to take a nation?s mind off of a sagging economy! It does not make one an anti-patriot to suspect the existence of this analogy, just a realist! God, how I wish we could locate leadership, regardless of political affiliation, who could run a war and peace (economy) equally as well?!

Well, yet another magnificent American graduating class is getting ready to take on the world! Unfortunately, however, the job market is getting rougher than a hybrid between sand paper and a corn cob! (OUCH!!)

Less and less (according to the media), corporations are visiting campuses in search of young guns, while at the same time, corporate greed and graft are thriving. Concessions from the rank and file are being demanded under threat, while at the same time, upper management (even into the political and bureaucratic sectors) are voting themselves raises, massive bonuses, and other gifts of huge value!

As for the college and university graduating sect, many are finding themselves flipping hamburgers, and lucky to even find that!? The key words in employment seem to have become volunteerism and internship!? Noble though these gestures may appear upon the surface, this (legalized) slave labor does little to pay off college loans, feed the belly, keep a roof over one?s head, or drive the freaking wolves away from the door!

And those touting sacrifice from others, including all too many in politics, rarely (if ever) miss a meal themselves! It's the old ?Do As I Do, And Not As I Say" scenario!?

Well, as things now stand, the only words of encouragement that can be acquired (for free) from government upon university graduation are: ?Congratulations and good luck - your really going to need it!!?

Just as I was finishing this piece, I gazed back at the tube, where a state function was being reported on. It was replete with all of the well-manicured, high fashion, pork-bellied, foreign diplomats that one might expect at such a free feast!

"There they sat, groaning and farting like an overly satiated herd of contented bovines, sucking down what appeared to me to me to be "Fillet Mignon and French Bubbly!"

I do believe they were discussing foreign aid, foreign rebuilding, our future foreign involvement (politically, monetarily and militarily,) and more foreign concessions to placed like North Korea etc. I was forced to think to myself: ?Ain?t it grand when any entity leads by example!?

Of course, no "Real American" will shirk from responsibility to his nation in it's time of need, but as concerns many of these ongoing foreign dictates from "United Nation's, Self-Aggrandizing Fools" - I say - ? LET THEM GO SCREW THEMSELVES!!?

VERITAS
Old 05-01-2003, 12:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I have 274 college credits, 3 degrees (2 associates & 1 BS) experience and I'm looking into graduate school.

I'm looking for a real engineering job and most everybody wants to talk to me about a drafting job that I was qualified for 15 years ago at the same rate of pay that I was offered 15 years ago.

Still looking.

Joy