The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2016, 04:22 AM

Default Building Bridges, Not Brick Walls

After the Presidental election in 1951, Democrat Senator Alan Ellender of Louisiana made an appointment to see General Eisenhower. The first thing Ellender did when he saw the General was shake his hand and congradulate him for becoming our next President. Senator Ellender told the Genaral during his Presidency, he & his staff can contact his office for anything he feels he can assist him with 24/7. Senator Ellender also invited the General to his office after his inauguration to have lunch which consisted of seafood gumbo, crawfish bisq & sweet potato pie. The lunch became so popular that it became a tradition after every Presidental inauguration, the President would have lunch at Senator Ellender's office.
Senator Ellender built bridges for communication, not brick walls so thick it'll take a nuclear bomb just to put a crack in it like Trump wants to do.
Diplomacy is something very rare with politicians these days.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2016, 08:39 AM

Angry

It's something we've all wanted - but ideals change corruption runs throughout our current process. The few are outnumbered by the many. You see this in congress all the time. Nothing ever gets done or the compromises are so costly that policy issues that had good intentions end up being worthless. The two parties don't have the same things in common.
Yet they will retire with full pensions and full medical their remaining days.

What they've done to Social Security should tell you much about congress. Whomever gets in office will do little to make changes that are cost effective to the tax payers.

Dishonoring our soldier's who fight their battles tells you much about their true intentions.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-01-2016, 01:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats,
As to that Social Security being longtime screwed-around with that you alluded to, do you (or anyone) know if SS Monies are going to be further ripped-off to finance the Thousands of Syrian Refugees (some friendly - some Muslim WAR CRIMINALS) insanely Dictated to be brought here?

Neil
Old 08-01-2016, 06:54 PM

reconeil: In response to your message"maybe so."
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 08-02-2016, 01:38 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

WH,
Since you think likely that SS Funds and/or Monies PAID INTO LIFETIME (50/50) by both U.S. Employees & Employers are being disgustingly diverted by politicos to Thousands of Syrian Refugees NEVER HAVING PAID ONE THIN DIME into America's Social Security System,...ALL American Employers & Workers should be OUTRAGED over such an OUTRAGEOUS POLITICAL DICTATE or TOP LEVEL RIP-OFF.

No wonder Social Security always needs fixing.

For any refugee problems worldwide, why not steal or divert United Nations Funds INSTEAD???

That way both American Employees & Employers will be better served, and the Social Security System will no longer need its Perpetual Fixing.

Basically and in general revert SS System back to the way FDR first intended, and/or solely as a system weekly paid into 50/50 by both American Workers & Employers to mostly benefit America's Workers at retirement.

Another different way of helping out foreign nationals or refugees in dire straits is to steal, glean or divert monies from the infinitely more lucrative or: "Cadillac" governmental pensions and slush funds.

"It works fir me".

Neil
Old 08-02-2016, 05:17 PM

reconeil:

I agree.