The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2016, 05:33 PM

Wink A Sea Story

A Sea Story

There's an old sea story about a ship's Captain who inspected his sailors, and afterward told the first mate that his men smelled bad.

The Captain suggested perhaps it would help if the sailors would change underwear occasionally.

The first mate responded, "Aye, aye sir, I'll see to it immediately!"

The first mate went straight to the sailors of berth deck and announced, "The Captain thinks you guys smell bad and wants you to change your underwear."

He continued, "Pittman, you change with Jones, McCarthy, you change with Witkowski, and Brown, you change with Schultz."

THE MORAL OF THE STORY:

Someone may come along and promise "Change", but don't count on things smelling any better.

I THINK YOU WILL FORWARD THIS!!!!!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2016, 05:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats,
Are you inferring that Trump's promised: "Change" would be no different whatsoever than Obama's past, longtime and Truly BS: "Change", and/or where a United States President became A Congress Ignoring or By-passing KING, for about 7 and 1/2 years so far?

I don't think there's any logical comparison for an HONEST "CHANGE" by those two at all.

After all Mr. Trump most certainly and obviously IS NOT a Marxist, PC favoring all foreign nationals over Americans, and adoring Islam over all others. Quite the opposite.

Besides, after this last 8 year Royal Rule by: "His Barackness", I don't believe that Americans (both civilian & military) would even put up with another KING or QUEEN.

Enough is Enough.

Neil
Old 08-30-2016, 09:15 AM

RECO the whole systems corrupt and until term limits are put in place the old school teachings within the congress will never change and we will suffer from its inability to fix the damage they've done - President or No President a figure head doesn't run the country its the entire system no matter whose driving or at the wheel.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-31-2016, 02:00 PM

Boats......I like your Sea Story. I agree with you Congressman & Senators need term limits.
As far as reconeil is concerned, means he's so much of a staunch conservative, I wonder how he would react if some of the U.S Govertment programs like Social Security, Veteran Affairs, Veteran Hospitals, GI Bill, GI Mortgage and Military Pensions was to be scrapped ?
All these programs was enacted by"Liberals."
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 08-31-2016, 03:31 PM

Hey Reco's right many of these benefits could go on the way side if not funded and thats the biggest problem right now there isn't any money or enough of it to improve or even maintain the existing programs. This country is DEAD BROKE! We are so far in debt now I don't know how they can sustain all these projects plus add more to it. It's not a good feeling.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-31-2016, 05:11 PM

What you mentioned Boats have been said many times over again and again. Hecks......I can recall back when Lyndon Johnson was Pres, all the Republicians was claiming"Johnson going to bankrupt this Country with the war in Vietnam." Even back during Roosevelt administration people was claiming"this country going to go broke with this new so called Soicial Security System". Even when FEMA was created, politicians was claiming FEMA would bankrupt this country.
The good old USA is still alive and still going strong.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 08-31-2016, 05:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Wateringhole,

Apparently you and party don't know what's actually HONEST and/or what you're talking about.

No staunch conservatives ever said they wanted to SCRAP: "Social Security, Veteran Affairs, Veteran Hospitals, GI Bill, GI Mortgage and Military Pension" programs. Get Real.

Granted, a meaning well good liberal FDR first started the Social Security Fund System which was: "NEVER TO BE TAXED".

But, a duplicitous liberal President Johnson later and unilaterally diverted Social Security into THE GENERAL FUND.

From that day forward and since such vast funds became additionally nothing more than a Political Slush Fund, our Social Security System has always needed fixing.

If that weren't bad enough Mr. Wateringhole,...another phony passing himself off as A Liberal (re. VP Al Gore) cast the deciding vote with 50 other Dems that the: "Never to be taxed (according to FDR)" would from that day forward BE TAXED.

The 50 Republicans/Conservatives that voted against SS being taxed, were to no avail.

Since Dems/Liberals had their way, thousands of foreign nationals (here legally or otherwise) and: "Never Having Paid A Thin Dime into The Social Security System" have longtime been collecting Social Security monies.

Is that fair to the U.S. Taxpayer?

Aren't there embassies in America anymore, for foreign nationals here in dire straits?

Neil
Old 09-01-2016, 05:46 AM

reconeil:

If any "Foreign Nationals" is collecting Social Security, it's"only"what the law allows them to collect.
If that doesn't suit your fancy, than go cry on your Congressman or Congresswoman shoulders to change the law.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:13 AM

Unhappy

Corruption is everywhere in every country and there are a lot of smart folks working very hard to take what isn't theirs. Undermining systems that are security locked is telling a crook he can't open the safe.

They now have scanners that can read our credit card numbers just by us walking by.
There are no perfect systems (but many will tell you there are). We were all given a number at birth and more numbers during our life. Military ID Nos., Bank, credit cards, drivers lic., social security and etc. But without them we don't exist.

It was just a matter of time before the smart ones figured out how to steal our personal wealth and put it into their pockets. Security issues are always being snafu'd.

Our Uncle Sam can access anything they want to know about us in a few clicks of the button. Bad guys do the same thing. There are many games a foot as Sherlock used to say. ID theft is common - it even happen to me. It took forever to rebuild my credit references - but many other's have also been there.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-01-2016, 01:39 PM

Boats:
That's not anything new. Every country in the world can access anything they want to know about any of their citizens. "Welcome to the real world."
Best way to combat ID theft is to be very careful about who you give any private information about yourself to. Especially these cashiers at department stores. They'll try to extract everything they possibly can from you around the New Orleans area. One of their biggest reason is"we just doing a survey to see what part of New Orleans our customers are coming from." What I always do is give them a phone # off a pay phone and give them a house # that doesn't exist on a well known street.