The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > Army

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2016, 06:29 PM

Default Army celebrates birthday in Philadelphia with JROTC cadets - United States Army (pres

Army celebrates birthday in Philadelphia with JROTC cadets - United States Army (press release)

06-16-2016 12:33 PM

United States Army (press release)

Army celebrates birthday in Philadelphia with JROTC cadets
United States Army (press release)
PHILADELPHIA (Army News Service) -- In the First Troop Philadelphia City Cavalry armory here, June 13, Sgt. Maj. of the Army Daniel A. Dailey told Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets that the Army was turning 241 years old. He then asked them ...

and more »

More...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2016, 06:59 PM

Wink Hurray to the Army

They deserve a well done. As do all the services. It's a proud day to serve your country in times of need. The draft should have stayed in place and I have reasons for that. Too many kids running the streets with no jobs and getting into trouble.

We had draftee's when I was in they were pissed. But once they got in they understood why the service - isn't that bad. They just needed a push and once in - they were one of the guys. I enlisted I felt I had to do my duty for this country like so many in my family had done.

My Flag fly's all the time. So does many in my neighborhood. To give Uncle Sam four year won't kill ya but it will make man out of you. Plus you will learn something. And later you can always say I did my time. Without the draft many run the street and get in trouble end eventually up in prison or worse they get killed locally.

I needed the service to get me out of my neighborhood before I started packing and ending up getting into some real trouble. Not many will admit that - but I will.

The friends I made during my two tours will be my friends for life. Many have died and the few I still make contact with and I will until the day they or I die. I'm proud that I carried on the family tradition of being in the service. My brother served during VN as I - but Larry died from complication to agent orange in the Denver VA hospital.

I feel like an American - I am an American as this country means more to me than those who haven't served. I've seen war - I've been to many countries - I've seen their struggles and so many poor countries where people really suffer. You should feel grateful to live in the USA and that you're an American.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote