The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2006, 09:30 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Concussion,...

...Ok first you can laugh, however,...

...some 12, 13 ,days ago, I got up out of bed, and went to use the bathroom, and upon returning to my bed room slightly chilly, I dove across my king size bed to get under the covers quickly, and warm myself again,...

...unbeknown est to me, my phuckin dog had decided to occupy my space on the bed, he is 150 pounds of rottie, boxer, and lab,and in total darkness, my head slammed directly into his, jamming my neck, etc,...

...the first few days I experienced a lot of pain, and crossed eyes, and the throbs that I expected, however, it has been a couple weeks now, and the cobweb feeling is still very much there,...

...took Ibuprofen, and aspirin, but nothing helps, all I want to do is sleep,...

...anyone else had a bell ringer that took more then two weeks for the pain to subside,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2006, 10:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

No Curtis and you better go get yourself checked out for you may have an internal problem in your ole noggin from the head knockin'

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 03-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default seat

Not normal.
Blood clot can be the end result and that leads to a stroke. Get to your DR. You need at least an EEG. Blurd vision that last for more than 5 min is because there is pressure on your brain caused by excessive fluid. Go to the DR.
Ron
Old 03-18-2006, 11:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default not,...

...blured now, just still feels like my head is in a vise, the neck is stiff, thought about going to the chiropractor for that, don't have insurance, and the only altenative is the Va., and I hate that place,...

...it has been "feeling" slightly better day by day, but the feeling of being tired still lingers on,...

...never been hit that hard before,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 03-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Seat

Its called Brusing of the brain. Your body is a pretty tough thing, generally when somthing hits it, It will bruse and feel painfull and the pain makes you take care of that area. Your head is a little different, Instead of skin around your brain there is bone, bone will not expan like skin (swelling) so your brain gets pressure on it from within which inturns causes whatever part of the brain that is effected to react with the body part thats on the opisite side of the brain (except for the eyes). No insurence is a concern, so , Be very carefull for the next couple weeks. Take aspirin, (aspirin is a pain reliver but it is also a blood thiner) a blood thiner helps the swelling go down. A good place to reserch any medical condition is www.webmd.com
Most big cities have a free hospital that you might consider.
Answer these questions to yourself.
1. where are you
2. what is todays date.
3. who is president
These questions get a different responce from a different part of the brain. In the emergency medical field they call it oriented X 3. person, place and time.
Also hold your finger out in front of you and follow it back and forth without moving your head. This is focus.
Look at your pupils in the mirror . see if there are the same. Shin a light into each one and watch for equal reaction.

If you fail any part of this go to the hospital. send me the bill. I ll pay.
Ron
Old 03-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Robert J Ryan

hey seatjerker get your self to a doctor and get checked out. Don't be messing around with your brain.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Curtis
How's the dog?
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-19-2006, 02:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bob,...

...huck you,...

...the dog is fine, keeps coming up to me saying "I'm sorry Dad, forgive me..." pant, pant,...

...must say I'm not 100%, but better, a few stabbing pangs every now, and then in the frontal area, my neck feels like an accordian that has been compressed, jammed, right to the base of the spine, have been up until 0200 for most of the last few nights before any sort of eye closure begins to set in,...

...can't figure where the last two weeks went, but this is still going to take a few weeks I guess by my "professional outlook" to get back to semi crazy,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 03-23-2006, 06:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Let's see,...

...today is thursday the 23rd of March, 2006,...

...yep got that much, planet earth, new york, blah, blah,...

...went to the "crack doctor" today to get my neck stretched, and feel somewhat better, dull throb is still there tonight, and """"""diminishing""""""(yuk,yuk), a bit, day by day, I guess,...

...Wow, never been whacked like that ever before, and hopefully never again, I ain't 'right' yet but workin on it, tried to tie on a good drunk the other night, but it didn't help,...

...feels like a 1% increase of improvement per day bit, so it might take a thousand days, or so to make any improvements,...

...and the Hager John school of medicine doesn't work either,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 03-23-2006, 07:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Curtis I had a head trama last year it took at least 6 months to feel 100% again. Baby steps brother and some older brotherly advice replace the Dog with a woman they are softer and warmer.