The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2007, 01:14 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Mission Accomplished! The Eagles soared!

What an outstanding day! The Eagles soared!

You should be very proud of your fellow veterans, families, and supporters. There?s so much to tell, and we encourage you to post your experiences in the the comments.

In the meantime, two items of business: 1) we have a gallery open for you to upload your digital photos to the website. That way you can share your photos with others. See the tab in the top right corner of the site. 2) the first unofficial estimate of the Eagle turn-out today?

30,000!

That figure may be adjusted upward as more figure are tallied during the week. Fox News reported today that the anti-war protesters had significantly less than they expected. However, they are erroneously reporting that the Eagles were there in ?equal numbers?. The truth is that we outnumbered them by at least three to one!

Consider?ANSWER had a year to plan their well-publicized event and were hoping for around 100,000. They actually drew about 5,000-10,000, according to various news reports today. The Gathering of Eagles, on the other hand, had about six weeks to plan an unprecedented response - and with no advertising, no publicity, no celebrity or political endorsement, no news coverage, and no big money, we had about 30,000 boots on the ground!

The volunteers poured themselves into this historic event, and all of you who attended gave so much to be there. I?ll stop here and let your words speak for themselves.

-H.

UPDATE (2354 local): Guess what? The gallery?s down. Guess why? I?m working on it tonight and hope to have it fixed asap. In the meantime, I will show you this: the first video out on GOE. There will be many more. I?ll also have pics for you hopefully tonight.

?Kit

http://gatheringofeagles.org/?p=191

62 Comments so far
Snooper March 17th, 2007 8:59 pm

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2007, 05:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Joy,

I have been waiting all weekend with "baited breath" to hear about the "biggest demonstration" since the Vietnam War...and about Gathering of Eagles and what happened. Man has the media been silent. I found a short article on like page 9, out of 10, about the demonstration and a small mention that there were "counter protestors". I knew it! The Jihad loving media didn't report that the Jihadist gave a party and nobody came! Had they had a showing CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox would have had a field day. Instead, almost no mention. Why....because they didn't have the numbers. I wanted so badly to be with the Gathering of Eagles people. It was my turn after having dog shit thrown at me at Ft. Lewis, Wa. I just couldn't get it in my schedule. Thank God for the men and women that did come, and they out numbered the traitors, Oh, sorry, those using their 1st Amendment rights provided by the dead of many wars, and the media couldn't stand it.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 03-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Congrats to all the veterans who came to the defense of their brethren and protected their sacred hallowed grounds from trespassers and those who hate our way of life so much they would facilitate our countries downfall by aiding and comforting the enemy. God bless the Eagles that protected the nest!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Friends...

If this great display of patriotism doesn't show how QUITE
selectively informed We Americans have purposefully gotten,...
I guess nothing ever will. Got pretty-much same or very little
as you all from mainstream press/media.

Except for here, only other elaboration of patriotic solidarity came
from my younger brother-in-law, who went there with a few buses from my area.

He Served in Vietnam with: "The Black Lions" of The; "Big Red One".
Racked-up A Bronze Star for his efforts.
He's very proud of same,...AND RIGHTFULLY SO.

Regardless, and except for saying: "Froze my ass off", told me that;
"Wouldn't have missed it for anything". "Saw old friends and
was one-helluva Great Turnout & Great Day,...and especially for
protecting some Old Buddies and Fallen Comrades in general,...
from America's unarguable assholes".

Sorry I couldn't make it.
But, can't be in 2 places at same time.
Plus, old geezers don't like freezing asses off, anyway.

Neil
Old 03-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Doc.2/47

Had to work but my thanks to those who were able to get there for a noble cause. A well-earned THANKS!!!! Bet our boys in Iraq also appreciate your being there.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There were more Eagles then Buzzards in DC on the 17th. Have seen lots of pictures and the Communists, who were mainly the protesters, didn't get much of a turn out, and since the good guys were there in force, not much media coverage. Hanoi Jane was a NO-SHOW. Gee, wonder why?

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)