The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2018, 09:12 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question No One Has All Of The Answers

3-23-2018

“No one has all of the answers, all of the time?” And anyone who claims that they do is either a habitual liar, a con-man, or a laughable fool!” All that anyone can do in life, after all, is their very best, and nothing more. And not in the last twenty centuries or so, has anyone come up with any lasting solutions, and even then, not everyone listened or cared!

But when, on occasions people did pay attention to wisdom, their long-term memories still left much to be desired!

“So here we are in the Twenty-First Century!” Most people in “The First World” are now fairly-well educated, better fed, more sophisticated, and even far better informed! And yet, we still have not discovered how to get along on the international level, greed is still the primary motivating factor of much of mankind, and politicians are still able to lead us all around by the nose, and not always in the right direction – go figure?

As I said in the beginning of this rambling tirade – “It must really be nice to think that you, or your political cohorts, have all of the answers?” But after all is said and done, and even after some 2000 years of trial and error, there are still a few out there who get things accomplished, but many of the rest are just petty bureaucrats in training! “What fools we mortals be!"

Knowing that something needs to be done is one thing, while really trying to get it done is quite another! Whereas, merely allocating authority, or forever blaming others for one’s own mistakes, is a sure-fire recipe for disaster! But as I see it, nothing has really changed (in my opinion), since Harry S. Truman first suggested that – “The Buck Stops Here!”

Truman adequately proved that most career politician, regardless of their political party, can do things right – “At Least Once In A While!”

Hardcore
Old 03-23-2018, 02:06 PM

HC - we need a strong person who can shame them into submission. Talking points in the House and Senate go on 24/7 yet they can never compromise or come together on the issues the People need. What ever happen to We The People? They've become self-centered trying over think the issues of the common man and woman needs. Most are well off and have amble means to provided for themselves and their kids. Most have the money to enjoy vacations and pay for their kids college educations. Whereas, 98% of the American People struggle to keep afloat - make ends meet and keep their jobs.

I'm not impress with the "Shanagons" by such professional folks. They over think an issues and ponder them for months. Simply the issues - make the black and white and contain only 20 sentences than maybe they will make a decision.

Balancing the American Budget is key! Don't spend "beyond" our means. Be honest to yourself and put your shoes into those who can't afford to buy them. Make America greater rather than dig us hole so that more taxes are needed to pay off your lousy decisions.

Keep us out of conflicts that we don't belong in. Respect your Soldier's who go to war because you decided it was necessary - for whatever Godly Reason's. Rebuild our roads and bridges - Guess what - "we don't even own our own railroads any more? Let's make this country self sufficient again - I could go on and on but my point has most likely been made.

HC & Neil and myself are frustrated by the issues at hand. We don't agree all the time but we are American's first and we love our Country and if we weren't getting on in age would most likely get in the street and march like so many others about the issues of today. I'm so proud of our Kid's today and everyday marching to Washington to make someone listen. My Grandson in School tells me about the drills they go through every day. What hell is that!! They don't have to grow up having fear like that. Come on people we can do better that I know we can.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote