The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2016, 01:23 PM

Cool Trump to turn over business empire to his children

Trump to turn over business empire to his children
by Danielle Wiener-Bronner
November 11, 2016: 7:23 PM ET

President-elect Donald Trump is giving control of his sprawling business network to his children as he prepares to assume the presidency.

"We are in the process of vetting various structures with the goal of the immediate transfer of management of The Trump Organization and its portfolio of businesses to Donald Jr., Ivanka and Eric Trump," a Trump Organization spokesperson told CNNMoney.
The spokesperson said that Trump's children will be joined by "a team of highly skilled executives."

"This is a top priority at the Organization and the structure that is ultimately selected will comply with all applicable rules and regulations," the spokesperson said.
The decision to distance himself from his business tracks with the practice of most American presidents. Though it is not illegal for a U.S. president to retain control of private assets, many have established a blind trust for the course of their service to prevent conflicts of interest.

It's not clear, however, that this type of reorganization would put all that much distance between Trump and the privately held company since the president-elect has also tapped his three oldest children to be on his presidential transition team's executive committee.
Related: Unprecedented potential conflicts for President-elect Trump
Trump has said previously that he would cede control of the organization to his children if he was elected president. And in an interview with CNN this week, Michael Cohen, an attorney for Trump and the Trump Organization, reiterated that Ivanka, Eric and Donald Jr. would take control of the organization.

The children currently bear the titles of executive vice president of development and acquisitions at the organization.

"They're really intelligent. They're really qualified. That's why he really didn't run in 2012, because they were younger by four years," Cohen told CNN Thursday. "He's very comfortable with them at the helm and the people that will surround them."

Related: Here are the business leaders on Trump's transition team
Trump's business dealings have raised eyebrows during his candidacy and since his victory. The Republican has a stake in more than 500 businesses — more than anyone ever elected president.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal thoughts about his kids running the business and also getting a Secrete or Top Secrete Clearance? Not sure this should be allowed. I feel a conflict of interest and personal gain will come from knowing too much.

If his kids are running the company - that's fine. But Trump can not delegate company issues during his presidency. This would be wrong. If he's not taking his yearly pay what's he doing with it? Donations? But to whom? He will get a full retirement for life even if he only does four years. Waive that and I would be surprised.

I voted for him not his kids. They should not be involved in US business especially when it comes to channeling monies that could result in personal gain?

His cabinet has me worried and congress will have to authorize acceptance of those people should he declare them his cabinet members. This will no doubt be interesting and I'm sure HC will have something to add to my concerns.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links