The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2003, 07:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question On The Lamb, Texas Style?

Texans refused to desert from the Alamo in 1836, and to a man, all fell in defense of what they thought to be right and proper! ?Can a man also desert his post to defend the same??

In Texas this week, the issue of redistricting resulted in a mass political exodus by one political party in order to avoid a showdown on this issue. Sought of like a filibuster in reverse (opinion)!

Well the Governor of the State (Texas) apparently looked dimly upon the move and ordered ?State (Texas) Law Officers? to retrieve (arrest if needs must) the wayward law makers from an Oklahoma Motel where they had sought sanctuary! ?And that should have been that - right??

?NO WAY JOSE!!?

The Governor of neighboring Oklahoma, considering this an armed invasion and a violation of the State?s sovereignty, built a Neo-Maginot Line of sorts, and in a move similar to one depicted in the movie ?TANK? with James Garner, drew a line in the sand!

I have heard of a lot of ways to get around an issue, but starting a ?Mini-Civil War? in order to avoid a vote is something new, at least to me! Hell, just think about it? What would happen if a President fled to Tijuana, Mexico every time he wanted to ignore Congress? We might have to set up a ?Deep Southern White House? on Constitution or Revolution Avenues, right in the midst of the Red Light District of Tijuana!

?Hell, I don?t know if the business gals of Washington DC could stand the competition?? LoL

VERITAS
Old 05-14-2003, 10:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Beautiful...HARDCORE.

Regarding the great merits attainable from being in Public Office, like great pays and the greatest of all pensions as discussed on the other thread,...I guess it's fair saying nowadays that for Career Public Service (naturally as A Democrat),...Texas is-duh-place-to-be.

If a Democrat you apparently don't have to show-up for work and can even move out of State, and still be paid well.

If a Democrat the aforementioned nonsense apparently also entitles one to receive the typically grandeos pension, and such as most Constituants or Subjects of The Private Sector would kill to receive.

Now I know why someone once said: "Go West Young Man",...and especially if wanting to be A Career Politico (Democrat of course). Fall, Winter, Spring and "SUMMERTIME....and the livin is e-e-a-a-sy".

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 05:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I was wondering how to go about impeaching state congressmen? Also its kinda funny these Democrats shouting slogans like don't mess with Texas while standing in Okla. Most proud texans I know always stated that "Okla. sucks" because of the shape of the two states at the panhandle If I were a Texan I wouldn't be claiming any of the scumbuckets that went AWOL to OKla to avoid a Quorum.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:51 PM

Well we have all known that Texas has the best politicians "money can buy " for years. -- been here all my life except for time in military.
I think if the per-diem is cut out and salary is docked they are not as fond of their little no show game as they appear to be now. Besides that, the lobbyist may quit paying for some of the perks in Ardmore,OK since the media and others are watching the BS .
Old 05-15-2003, 11:50 AM

Be funnier if the Governor declared the AWOL's had "Vacated" their seats, then appointed Republicans to serve out their terms.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:53 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default "Funnier" HELL,...Murph.

That's exactly what should be done,...instead of the usual Conservative whoussiness and/or civility displayed towards mostly self/clique-serving power and control freaks from the other side of the aisle.

Besides, isn't there something in The Texas Oath of Office that states representatives and/or Public Hirelings must hang-around somewhere in Texas and sort-off at least pretend to do the job that The Texan Taxpayers PAY THEM WELL TO DO? Plus, only fools would pay grandeos pensions to No-show Workers. Don't you think?

Neil