The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2002, 09:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Talk about reunions...

...I'm sitting here this early afternoon, and was just struck out of the blue with a reunion of sorts which I never expected...

...You all remember the "high School bully" in your area, and around here is no different... being today is my daughters 11th birthday, and it's a pretty quiet day around the house, esp since mine started at 4:00 am..., i looked up to see a "express service van" parking out front of my house, and it's not unuasual for packages to arrive here, and around...
...I'm not really paying tight attention to the guy bringing it up to my house, and I open the door to greet him, and take the package, my dog is trying to taste his leg with me hanging on his collar, and out of the blue, the guy calls me by my last name, and I didn't reconize him until he says his name....
...YEP, IT'S HIM, the high school bully, and it just so happens that I haven't seen him in 25 years, and there is just one teeney little problem.......
... The last time I saw him was three weeks before I graduated from High school, and it happened to be in front of the bookstore where I had just punched him in the mouth for hitting me in the stomach, I took 5 stiches on my left hand pinky knuckle when it happened, so now 25 years later, here he is standing in my doorway, and not knowing what the hell to expext...
...he says the customary hi's , and hellos, and I'm just waitng for the old grey matter to kick in , and for him to remember that little matter of me punching him in the mouth...
... he was the middle linebacker that transfered in in his Jr. year, and could do no wrong, on the field, but to everyone else off the field, he was "the classic high school bully" hitting people smaller, and always unsuspecting...
...well, the day it happened, I was walking around the corner of the hallway, and wham, just a short punch to my gut to show his machio image to his friends, well at that point, I'd had enough, and I just hauled off, and planted my best left square on the mouth..., pulled my hand back as the blood was dripping down his chin, realizing my knuckle was split good, and the principle, and other teachers gathered quickly, and I walked away to the nurse, and off to the hospital for stiches...
...I looked at him today, and after a few minutes, I said..."you don't remember do you?, and he says no what...,...I said "you really don't remember do you??? I said, "the last time I saw you, I punched you in the mouth"... he stood there dumbfounded like I had three heads...
...I showed him the scar on my knuckle, and proceeded to watch for reaction, and he kinda shook his head, and said, I guess I deserved it... funny how times change, I'm glad I didn't have a brawl on the front stairs this afternoon after a 25 year old punch...
...told him to stop back, and have a beer one of these days, and he said beer was his middle name, we just might get along now that we have a mutual respect, ...
...no punch me, I no punch you, pass the beer...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2002, 09:45 AM

Default Bullies

I bet we could start a whole new catagory of bully stories. We all had one or two in school back then.

We had the typical bully in Jr. Hi. Liked to get you in a headlock or show his new wrestling hold. Like most of them, it only took one punch to cause him to seek a new victim. It was so much easier back then cause you didn't have to worry about a gun or knife. You really didn't even have to worry about revenge. Most of em knew they had it coming.

I still see one of them today. We are on the Honor Guard together and we laugh about the old days. I guess we finally grew up.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:53 AM

Default Or not

n/t
Old 06-13-2002, 06:14 AM

Default I met my high school Bully

when I was over in Japan, it seems that we had sailed on the same ship from Okinawa, met up with this one fella and we got to talking and what not and he tells me that there's another guy in his platoon from Mn and that once we got to dry land again I should come and meet him, well i completely forgot about it untill I ran in to this same guy again and he says you're from Mn right? and I says yeah, well that other fellow from Mn is here in the E-club right now come on over and meet him maybe you guys know each other, being somewhat skeptical about meet someone from my past all the way over in Japan, I foolwed him to his table where these guys were having one hell of a good time, couldn't see this guys face right away as he had his back turned to me, but what a shock I got when he turned around, I think I dropped my beer and looked at him and said Mike? he says Gary? yeah well we shook hands and proceeded to get drunker than shit that night spent most of it talking about what was our problem in school, neither one of us could put a finger on it to tell the truth, but just left it at high school politics.