The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Marines

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2003, 11:29 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

Mornin' folks! How ya doin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and find a squat somewhere! It's Saturday! Ya got a chance to kick back, go skiin', shovel yer sidewalks, or some of even got lawns to start worryin' about! It's the weekend! Relax and enjoy it while ya can!

I got to thinkin' a few minutes ago about something we all appreciate.! Beauty. Yep, beauty. Sometimes the simple kind. Watchin' a kid play with a toy. Watchin' yer better half sleepin'. That's the good kind there! When they're sleepin' ya don't have to think about what they're gonna be up to when they wake up and get to motivatin'! LOL. Watchin' snow fallin' in the night. Watchin' pups playin' around in the yard. Watchin' family and friends havin' a good time. That sort of thing. There is the kind of beauty where, fer me, when I see a good lookin' woman, I see beauty and nothing else enters my mind. When ya see a job that is so well done, there aren't words enough to describe it. A sunset over the ocean. Sunrises over the Superstition Mountains. The smell of the pines in the spring and the wind in those same pines in the Black Hills. The wind in yer face and the feel of a Harley under ya as ya hit the road for whereever it's gonna take ya. Pullin' a move on yer sensei that he didn't see comin'. Knowin' ya got the move absolutely perfectly executed. Teamwork. When it's done right, that one word says all that can be said about workin' together. Fer me, there's some kinds of beauty that just leave me breathless. The kind where ya ferget to breath fer a minute or two. I've listed some of them that do that to me at times.

Other things that I see that amaze me are words, perfectly executed and tellin' a story wherein I experience the words and know the layers of meanings behind them. Excellence in any endeavor is beauty to me. Someone attempting something daring. Pushing their limits and exceeding their abilities heretofore. Someone who so enjoys what they are doing, that you cannot but enjoy seeing them doing it. I've seen furniture that was so well made, that I didn't know I wasn't breathing until I had to! Craftsmanship. Professionalism, when it's done right. Pride in who they are and what they've done, those who enjoy seeing you enjoy the fruits of their labor.

A smile on an old woman's face can get me that way, too. When real and certain beauty takes yer breath away, ya know yer payin' attention! It means yer alive! Just open yer eyes and look for it. It's there, damn near all around ya!

There's beauty out there folks. It surrounds us every day. We need to stop and look at it now and then, and acknowledge it, and acknowledge to ourselves that we appreciate it.

Wow. I got to talkin' and fergot to tell ya to warm up yer cups, folks! It's a new day! we got another chance to get it right! We got a new opportunity! Take advantage of it, why don't ya!
Old 02-22-2003, 09:10 AM

Yeah, it's gonna be good day for sure. I rented some movies, don't have to work the whole weekend. Life can't get much better. And - we're supposed to get 6 to 8 inches of snow! Hooah!

Oops, that's an Army phrase isn't it? I meant to say Yeah!
LoL

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 02:30 AM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How ya doin' this mornin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get comfortable! It's Sunday! You can kick back and not feel guilty about it! LOL. Paper'll be here directly! I get the funny pages first!

Well, you know I been thinkin' again, don't ya? Well, it happens time to time that with all the thinkin' I do, I actually come up with somethin' almost worth sharin'! What! Well, you oughta consider some of the stuff I don't share with ya! LOL. Scares even me sometimes, and I ain't scared of nuthin'... 'cept a woman with a butcher knife, but that's another story and happened years ago. I'm pretty glad she missed that second time, though. Well, I took it away from her the first time and was fool enough to think she'd calmed down some, so I put the knife down and then...well, it aint' my fault she didn't have a sense of humor! They oughta make bedroom doors a little thicker anyway...she almost got me that second time!

Anyway, I was thinkin' about pride today. Mostly it's a good thing if it don't get in yer way. When yer wrong ya take the hit and move on best ya can. Here's one place where pride can get in yer way. When ya been proved wrong and ya keep blabbin' about how right ya are and why yer right. Them peace activists come to mind right now, fer example, but that's a whole crowd of people and I was considerin' one people at a time so to speak. Like you or me fer example. Pride can get ya places ya wanna go, too. It helps in yer career. In yer relationships, in yer day to day livin'. Ya don't go around with yer head hung low over nothin'. Ya know what ya can do and ya do it well and ya take some pride in that. Ya stand up fer friends and family and help folks out the best ya know how. Pride can be a good thing. Some other way of lookin' at it might be to say that ya don't have false humility, but that's a topic fer another time maybe. It means ya readily acknowledge what ya done that was good and ya don't denigrate yer own abilities or accomplishments unjustly or falsely. False humility is just another form of lyin', really.

Now the bad thing about pride is that you begin to start thinkin' you can do anything without the facts or ability to back it up. Ya start justifyin' and rationalizin' everything ya do 'cause ya don't want to be wrong, and ya don't want to change or grow up one way or another. Ya start gettin' into false pride as well somewhere in about that point, too. Ya braggin' and ya ain't got no way of backin' it up. Ya start thinkin' yer better than everyone else, even yer peers, and ya got no reason fer bein' that way about things. Ya start treatin folks different who aren't as well off as you are. Ya start holdin' back on folks, maybe thinkin' they're not as good as you are, yer too good to be associatin' with such as they. Things like that.

The bad part about pride is ya can start underestimatin' yer opponents and overestimatin' yer own abilities...it's a type of blindness, both the good kinda pride and especially the false kinda pride.

We're back to seein' things as they really are, instead of how we would like for them to be. We've visited on that before, I think, haven't we?

Kinda like me thinkin' that woman wouldn't take that knife to me again and if she did, I'd just damn well take it away from her again. Because of pride, things didn't go quite the way I'd figured! LOL. Because of pride in my own abilities, I didn't see things as they really were.

That ain't said right at all, but it might give ya something to think about and discuss fer a bit, maybe.

Warm up yer coffee, folks. It's a good day. We'll get it right one of these days. Spend some time with the family today. Relax fer a bit. We got Monday to get started on that other ****, don't we.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Morning Coffee..........
Sure can use that cup of coffee this morning........At least the rain has stopped for now, expecting snow again tomorrow and thursday........We shall see..........Might just stick around today and have several cups with you Bones........I got first dibs on the sport pages........LOL
There is nothing in this world like the Pride we take in being United States Marines........Only those who becomes Marines can understand this............This feeling is born in us on Graduation Day in Boot Camp and remains with us forever..........
Guess I'll grab that second cup of coffee and see what the day brings.........Good part of a new day is that we are again with Marines........

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
Old 02-23-2003, 11:26 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya! Coffee's on! Ya better get yer head sorted out before ya start yer day! Paper'll be here in a bit!

I guess I gotta say it again. I just start spoutin' stuff inna mornin'. I don't really spend to much time gettin' things organized, really. I don't really spend a lot of time gettin' my thoughts organized on this stuff. I figure it's a bit more honest this way and I say what I'm thinkin' at the time. Some call it stream of consciousness. It's just an interestin' experiment on my part and maybe, hopefully, it's a bit different than anything else on the net by bein' that way. If we all stop and think about things along the way...well, that works fer me, too. It's a palliative fer me as well. Makes me think I'm doin' some little bit of good inna world, maybe. Gettin' folks to think fer a minute and maybe to remember a few things they mighta fergot along the way. If I'm lucky, it's all worth readin' and visitin' over, but bein' an experiment in progress, there's bound to be times when I don't get things said as clearly as we'd all like. I will, however take the hit fer typos and mis-spellin'! Life is. LOL. As far as my grammar is concerned, don't even go there! LOL.

I was thinkin' about love today. Specifically, love songs and how much they can get to ya. I posted a couple of those on the site earlier, Meatloaf's "I will do anything for love" and Aero smith?s "Don't wanta miss a thing". Another I haven't posted is KISS's "Beth." The one song they did that's worth listenin' too. I like Shania Twain's "Breathe" as well. To me, they're some songs and a very few poems that take yer breath away fer a minute. Yep. Beauty again.

If ya been havin' coffee with us in the morning for awhile, you'll see that we almost always come back again and again to similiar themes. The topics we visit about overlap one another in their impact upon us and in the areas that they cover. Inter-related, as all things in life are inter-related. One thing leads to another. A circular regularity is eventually exposed in our interactions with one another and with the world at large around us. A simple example of this is to spend some time listening when yer in a group of people and paying attention to the topic that they begin to speak of. I will guarantee that sooner or later they will get around to that same topic again before they are through and that everything they speak of along the way will be related and/or inter-related to the original topic and the ending topic of that conversation. Stability. Balance. Maybe even habit. Not all habits are bad for you.

We need stability in our lives, and fer a few minutes in the mornin', I try to help to create that sense of stability here, for you, and most especially for me.

Warm up yer coffee, folks. It's a good day! We're on track! We'll get it all sorted out sooner or later! It's a new day! A new opportunity! Now go out and take advantage of it!

And fer you folks that might want to catch up.....

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...4594#post24594

Take it easy. There's 60 pages to catch up on!
Old 02-24-2003, 06:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Goodmorning

Today is the last of the warm weather.....the cold is coming back....and there is talk of more snow.. ...I don't want or need more snow....there is still enough on the ground.....
We did have flooding all weekend....and fog.....I do think mother nature has thrown everything at us this winter......LOL....

A subject after a mans heart.....LOL....
Now that starts the day on the right track......LOL...

Bones now I have to go through my CD's and see what I can add to your collection......

Well back to work.....
All have a good day........

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
Old 02-24-2003, 07:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bones...

..."Faith Hill" sang "breathe"...

......enjoy your sermons...............

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-24-2003, 10:31 AM

Default dang.

yer right Seatjerker!

First time I been wrong this year!
Old 02-24-2003, 02:20 PM

You hit a topic that is definitley near and dear to my heart. Of course all the classic hymns sung with heart and soul do it everytime. I can't imagine being a professional singer and have to get up in front of people and sing some of those songs without crying. I give em a lot of credit. Man, after Sept 11 - I could not listen to Lee Greenwood's God Bless the Usa without boo hooing.
I love music. My order of importance - My God, My Family-Country, and My music.

Old 02-24-2003, 11:00 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell ya doin' this mornin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and find a place to squat fer a bit. Git yer eyes open before ya start yer day! Paper'll be along directly! I git the funny pages!

I remember one day I let the ol' lady push me to get goin' before I had my eyes open. We was livin' in an apartment buildin' in Mesa, Arizona at the time. Had a carport out back. Well, the old caddy I had barely fit in our spot. I pulled out and didn't have my eyes open and scraped the whole right side of the car on the post fer the carport. I was too tired to be pissed. That's just so ya know, I been there and learned the hard way! LOL. Didn't get no damn t-shirt either. Make sure yer awakle before ya hit the road, folks! LOL.

Make sure yer awake....we seem to miss a lot in life, at times. We get busy bein' who we are or tryin' to be who we'd like to be one day. Sometimes we ferget to slow down and open our eyes to what's around us. We get self-involved. Tied up in our own little world of make believe or just simple survival at times. Worryin' about this or that when we really have it pretty good overall. That worryin' stuff will close yer eyes to other things. Ya ferget to pay attention to family and friends. Ya spend more time worryin' about career and houses and cars and ferget to spend enough time with yer family to keep things workin'. Ya ferget to keep up on current events. Ya get so tied up in yer own little world that you gerget that there's more out there than what you want to think about or to believe in. Then when ya get yer metaphysical car all scraped up in the carport, ya wonder how it happened and why. Have a cup of coffee, folks and get yer eyes open before ya head out....might be worth the time ya don't think ya have to do that.

Warm up yer coffee, folks. It's a good day! It's a new opportunity! We got another chance to get it right! Hell, we might even get our eyes opened up a bit and get it right this time! LOL