The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Women Patriots

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2021, 11:08 AM

Angry Abuse of women serving is uncalled for and out of line - for all military branches

Note: Abuse of women serving is uncalled for and totally out of line - this applied for all military branches Stateside and around the world - Boats!
-
Most Women in the armed forces have faced bullying, harassment and discrimination, the inquiry finds
By: Sky News U.K. - 07-25-21
Re: https://news.sky.com/story/most-wome...finds-12364017
-
Complaints are swept under the rug, uniform is ill-fitting, very few are mothers and there are "horror stories" of gang rape, a major inquiry has found.

The majority of women in the British Armed Forces said they have been bullied, harassed and discriminated against.

A government inquiry into women in the armed forces heard traumatizing "horror stories" that painted "a difficult picture of women in the military".

An almost unprecedented number of current and former serving women took part in the inquiry - 4,200 women (9% of the female military population).

Most (90%) servicewomen and female veterans consulted said they would recommend a career in the armed forces but more than 3,000 (around 84%) said being female meant facing additional challenges compared with their male counterparts.

The survey by the Defence Sub-Committee on Women in the Armed Forces found 64% of female veterans and 58% of serving women reported experiencing bullying, harassment and discrimination (BHD).

Most women said they do not feel the military does enough to address BHD, despite the situation being better than it once was.

Nearly 40% of 993 military women said the complaints system was "extremely poor".

"Too often, complaints are being brushed under the carpet and there is inadequate support," the report said.

The committee heard accounts of "unacceptable behaviours" experienced by servicewomen, including gang rape, bullying for refusing sexual advances and assault by senior officers.

Others reported "witnessing friends being attacked by groups of men but being too afraid to report it", and said mess halls and accommodation were seen as "places of danger".

The report said parts of the culture show "it is still a man's world".

More than three-quarters of serving female personnel in the inquiry said there was inappropriate, ill-fitting uniform and body armour, which placed them at more risk of harm in combat.

It is "extraordinary" the Ministry of Defence (MoD) is not getting basics like uniforms and equipment right, the committee said.

Serving mothers - often primary caregivers - make the greatest career sacrifices and sometimes leave the military entirely due to how hard it is to balance service and family life, the report said.

The numbers of parents are stark among mid-ranking officers, with 90% of men having children compared with 10% of women.

In conclusion, the report said: "The armed forces can and do provide a fulfilling career for servicewomen, with vast opportunities. But the services are failing to help women achieve their full potential."

There are "gaps between the many policy documents and practice on the ground".

It added: "Moreover, the MoD's actions often give the impression that it is not a priority to make the necessary cultural changes, especially to the complaints system.

"When things go wrong, they go dramatically wrong - making it all the more worrying that this is not being focused on.

"The legacy of serving affects female veterans for years to come, sometimes negatively. We want all our veterans to feel proud of their service.

"Ex-military women need better recognition and support within transition and veterans' services.

"Senior leadership in the armed forces and the MoD should be bold and unequivocal in solving these challenges, both for the operational effectiveness of our armed forces, and because our shared British values of fairness, equality and justice demand it."

Sarah Atherton, chairwoman of the sub-committee, said: "While many commanding officers want to do the right thing, it is clear that, too often, female service personnel are being let down by the chain of command.

"Now that the issues for military women have been exposed, it is time we started to protect those who protect us and make changes that better our armed forces, for all who serve."

She added it was clear serious sexual offences should not be tried in the court martial system as conviction rates are four to six times lower than in civilian courts.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another report regarding abusing women in the military:
Re: https://www.military.com/daily-news/...men-abuse.html

You may want to review. This is BS - come on guys wise up!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: I grew up with three sisters and I've have two daughters and one grandson.
-
I've posted something like this in the past. I will not stand back or allow a man to beat his Wife - Daughters - or any women at any time. Even if I get my assed kicked or end up in jail. It's wrong! Period!

-
I know some men need consultation and that a few women have kicked the crap of their husbands - as well. But I saw my Father beat my Mother and I've seen my daughter's get hit by guys. I will chase them down and beat the crap out of them - and if they ever hit another woman - or even my kids - I will find the S.O.B. and make him wish he'd never took up that practice. Guys - I know women can push you to the edge - but guess what - its wrong! Get up go take a long walk or ride - come home later after you've cooled off and say nothing.

My wife is Italian and she get's madder then hell - but I've never hit it her. I go outside take a walk - and let her cool down. You don't have the beat them because they hurt your feelings (and most likely you were out of line anyway) - if you got it comin take the heat and let her cool down.
-
History: My oldest daughter was beaten by a guy she was married to. I found him - and punched him out - and then broke his leg - while he lay screaming and crying I told him you ever touch my kid again - they will never find you. My daughter was scared of me after that. But both my daughters know that "Dad" will protect them from any man - whomever they are - if they hurt them.
-
It's a shame how some guys take advantage and feel they have a right to abuse a women. Gal's take a course in - self-defense or hand to hand fighting - at a local club. Military women you kick the shit out of those guys who rape - or harm you or take advantage of youi!
-
Military Women - Report them O.D. if they do nothing - go to your C.O. and if he does nothing go to JAG - regardless of what may happen to them - they were wrong to begin with - and you don't have to suffer that kind of abuse!
-
Call Boats - I'll come down get the MP's and we will clean house for you. You've also been trained in hand to hand combat - if not - get signed up. No one should do that to you - EVER! Once trained you should be able take a few out in the process - if needed!
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links