The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default While in Da Nang Phu Bi area

I droped my trusty(?) m-16 IN FAVOR OF a M-79.. I hate to brag But I fired so many round with this thing that the area were my thumb met my hand had the skin missing and I could no longer hold it to my brused shoulder. I was trying to get acuate with it and profishant. I could get 5 rounds in the air before the first one hit the ground, anyone that ever fired a M-79 will tell you this is pretty good.
I would hold one round in my right hand and three in my left hand, one in the camber. I would fire at about 85 degrees of elevation , eject the first round and slip in the round I had in my right hand, about 80 degrease of elevation fired the second round and eject, the first of three round in my left hand would go in and be fired at about 70 degrees, eject and slip the next round from my left hand into the gun at the same time I would transfer the last round from my left hand to right hand and fire,. eject and insert the 5th round would be fired almost horizontal and Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom.
The thing most people don't know about the 79 is that you have to take the safety off each time you put a round in.
Educational and informative, I crack myself up.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2006, 04:38 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Phu Bai is all right!

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Pho Bi was the only place in VN that I got into a fight with a Marine.
We went to this (Bar?) and as I walked in there were 4 Marines sitting at a table by the door. I says, Pheeeeew, It smells like Marines in here.

Pho Bi is/was not alright, unless you like dirty dusty shit holes, then yes it was alright.

Ron