The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2003, 03:32 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question A Must Read - Best & Worst Case Scenario On Human Behavior

How do some say ?Thank-You? to our brave men and women now standing in ?Harm?s Way?? Certainly not by handing their wives and babies eviction notices or repossessing their only [old] car while these warriors are out there risking life and limb to protect you and yours!!

Well, such was ?EXACTLY? the case this week with one [and probably many more] young servicemen who have been reactivated or extended to fight the War Against Terrorism!!

One case in point that I have personal knowledge of, is a young ?Boatswain?s Mate Third Class? right here in San Diego! This young lad has five years of honorable service in the Navy, a sickly wife, and a young, nine month old daughter! He was extended for several years because of the current ?War On Terrorism?, and moved his wife and child from New Mexico to a Navy recommended apartment complex in Alpine California, about 30 miles east of where his ship was berthed before it was deployed. A safe community with needed amenities, and even a church that they quickly joined!

Having his enlistment extended and then being deployed, apparently his pay checks were unable, for one reason or another, to catch up with him. Not only that, but by some ominous military snafu, even his wife and daughter?s medical and other military benefits were suddenly suspended!! ?Murphy must be lurking at the DoD!!?

Well, to make a long story short, although faithfully serving his country in a time of war, and due to no fault of his own, his family has received an eviction notice, his one old car is to be repossessed shortly, his wife and daughter are penniless, and the food in the old cupboard has all but evaporated! (Babies do eat too, you know!?)

In an effort to drive the wolves away from the doors of despair, I have called a Navy ombudsman, two Congressmen (both veterans), one nationally known fraternal organization, a Medal of Honor recipient of my acquaintance, and I would even call God Himself, if I had his phone number, all of whom this lad, and thousands more like him, are now fighting to protect!!

I have been privy to a great deal of help, good advice and direction (as concerns this young Navy Family) from a good many caring people, but unfortunately, there have also been a few inhumane types, including the management of that apartment complex, who have miserably failed their courses in ?American Patriotism 1A? and ?Milk Of Human Kindness 2B!? (opinion) ?SO ASK NOT FOR WHO THE BELLS TOLL, THEY TOLL FOR THEE!!?

VERITAS :cd: