The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2003, 06:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mexican Troops Kidnap Texas Family?

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...3/191837.shtml

Mexican Troops Kidnap Texas Family?
Jon E. Dougherty
Thursday, Dec. 4, 2003
As many as eight armed Mexican soldiers crossed the border near a tiny Texas hamlet and kidnapped an American family of five last week, and are still holding one of them, sources tell NewsMax.
According to a law enforcement source who spoke on condition of anonymity, the incident was reported to local authorities by family members upon their release the following day. From there, local officials reportedly contacted the FBI; federal officials are said to be looking into the incident.

The source said the Mexican unit may have been prompted to cross into the U.S. because the family ? a father, mother and three minors ? were shooting rabbits on their property near Candelaria, Texas, which is located along the border in Presidio County, about 170 miles south-southeast of El Paso.

A law enforcement bulletin describing the incident said the "family of five kidnapped ? by Mexican officials at gunpoint" occurred around 5 p.m. local time Nov. 24. U.S. border authorities were notified the next day.

The family was "taken by gunpoint by Mexican officials to Mexico," the bulletin said. "As of Nov. 25 ? four of the family members ? one female and three minors ? were released, while Escarcega, Ladislado [the father] remains in custody."

Presidio County, Texas authorities confirmed to NewsMax the incident had been reported to the sheriff's department, but a spokesman there said the FBI had taken over the investigation and referred questions surrounding the report to them.

An FBI spokeswoman in Washington, D.C., referred NewsMax to the bureau's El Paso, Texas office, but no one there returned calls seeking comment.

Nevertheless, the bulletin provided more specifics.

Shooting at Rabbits

"It's believed that the family members were shooting at rabbits along the [Rio Grande] river at the time of their kidnapping," the bulletin said. "Local law enforcement was contacted after the release of family members."

In the meantime, said the bulletin, "sector intelligence is continuing to gather information on the occurrence where ... follow-up information is needed."

Law enforcement sources said the family was not shooting into Mexico or otherwise threatening Mexican military or civilian personnel.

The latest incursion into the U.S. by armed Mexican troops follows a series of similar incidents directed against U.S. civilians and law enforcement authorities. The most high-profile kidnapping occurred in August 1985, when an eight-man squad of Mexican troops crossed the border onto private property in San Diego County.

The troops came looking specifically for Robert Maupin, the land owner, after he reported the presence of a methamphetamine lab to the Drug Enforcement Agency, which in turn reported it to Mexican authorities. The lab, Maupin told officials, was visible from his land inside the U.S.

More recently, in May 2002, three armed Mexican troops in a military Humvee on the U.S. side of the border near Ajo, Ariz., fired on a Border Patrol agent in his vehicle. As the agent drove away from the scene, a bullet shattered the back glass of his Chevy Tahoe patrol vehicle, which was clearly labeled with U.S. Border Patrol markings.

House Immigration Reform Caucus chairman Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., told the Washington Times a year ago that his office had documented 118 instances where Mexican military or law enforcement had been seen on U.S. soil. In 60 percent of those cases, he said, the Mexicans were armed.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:27 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thats pretty danged scary. We need to put up a huge concrete wall all around the border.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 
Default 1846

Old 12-08-2003, 09:36 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question DUDE -

As I have been saying all along - "NOTHING NEW HERE!" Incursions across the International Border are almost commonplace - even by elements of the Mexican Military!

Our government has adopted the "Ostrich Mentality", whereby, if they do not acknowledge it, whitewash it, or pooh-pooh it in their minds, it does not exist! "Do you remember Columbus New Mexico, 1916?" And that was but a single, distant episode of an ongoing problem, be the recent examples not as dramatic (YET)!

In an effort to brainwash the public (especially along the border) into believing that no border problem exists, elements of government on both sides of the line, chose to ignore the problem, if not the tragic potential! And cry as they may, many who ply their illegal trade along yon border, are aided and abetted by bureaucratic apathy if not complicity!

"They assume that what they do not personally see, what they opt to ignore, or what is under-reported, can not personally harm their ambitions!"

"ARE THEY RIGHT?!"

VERITAS
Old 12-08-2003, 10:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yikes!!!!!!

I don?t get it, I just don?t get it. Why in the world does Mexico have such a King?s X along our southern border? Our northern border with Canada is much more secure and there is a spirit of cooperation and mutual defense (even when Ottawa and Washington are peeing on each others pant legs). And I can?t see a Canadian Army unit running the border and grabbing up US civilians, or visa versa. So what gives? Why is this Mexican military arrogance allowed to occur? Is the US doing the same thing back or the instigator of this apparent Mexico City policy of armed incursion? Or is Mexico City not in control of their northern Army forces? I have no clue about this situation. :cd:

Maybe a Company of Marines in LAVs with chopper air cover chasing in ?hot pursuit? might help the Federalies remember where the border is. That would piss-off El Prez Fox big time, but so what, let him have a conniption fit for all I care. It?s not like Mexico City has ever done the US any favors that I recall.

Scamp
Old 12-08-2003, 09:56 PM

Would this be considered a small invasion of sorts? Why are they treated with kid gloves? They're no different than any other invading force.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:38 PM

I get to thinkin' strange thoughts when shit like that happens...

...you don't wanta know...

'Sides. "They" are already watching me... :-))

There is nothing more dangerous to tyranny than a free man and a patriot.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

GENTS

Despite total dedication on the part of our Border Patrol, they can do no better than the support they get from on high, and that (in my opinion) is sorely lacking!

The old Pershing Routine of tit for tat, or chasing these people back into no-man's land, is a no-no to government, who apparently feel our manpower and taxes to be expendable?!

The foreign units that make these incursions across our border are apparently of a gunslinger (bandito) mentality. And why not, considering the fact that we kiss the asses of those pulling off, authorizing, or looking the other way when these raids by alien gangsters and uniformed thugs occur! And yet, all that I hear from bleeding hearts is how we abuse those who yearn for nothing more than to breath free!? (Bull Manure!!)

Every uniformed invasion of our borders is a crime (have no doubts about it), and those who conduct them always have a self-serving excuse! The real tragedy, however, occurs when the government of the perp jumps in to champion a vicious course! And the granddaddy of all travesties is when those in ultimate control on our side of the line, lack the craw or determination to protect our own borders, economy, relative tranquility and people!

Oh these politicos talk and prance a lot, but like any other mouth that roared, when push comes to shove, many in power refuse to walk the walk along that thin gray line that composes our southern international border!

As such, our Border Patrol operates daily with one hand tied behind it's back, poor equipment, out gunned, outnumbered, and prohibited to even (on many occasions) defend themselves or our turf!!

Talk is cheap, bovine-crap, however, is in great supply in some political quarters?! (opinion) :cd:

VERITAS
Old 12-09-2003, 08:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post 'Ole" Foxy

Fox is just letting everyone know that he still believes he is the real President of the United States.

Keith
Old 12-09-2003, 08:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs down

HEY KEITH -

Didn't some gent by the name of "Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna" also harbor this delusion? Or could it be that he (FOX) considers himself "OUR PRESIDENT'S PRESIDENT?" (WRONG!!)

VERITAS