The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2005, 04:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Nancy

You are absolutely correct, the anonimity of the web allows people to hide behind a mask. I have purposely chosen to use my real name and the place in which live is real.

Many years ago I was involved in local politics. I eventually became mayor of my community. I hated anonymous complaining mail. It went to the round file. I promised myself that I would never remain anonymous and hide behind an unsigned letter or nickname. Anonimity will bring out the worst in those who lack character.

Most of the regulars on this site have met one another personally. We have gone camping together and have had reunions, lunches, etc. We don't always agree (now that's an understatement) but I do believe there is a certain amount of respect for one another. The ones who make it to the lunches, campouts and reunions are a great bunch of folks. I love, respect, and care about each and everyone of them. But, occassionally a jerk shows up now and then. We also hassel each other but it is usually done in good taste.

I tell everyone that I'm the self-appointed, unofficial, therapist for this site. So . . . . . hang in there, you'll find most are a pretty good bunch. (Even Bob K. )

Keith H.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2005, 04:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Thanks Keith
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 05-05-2005, 09:40 AM

Keith....

I admire you for not wanting to hide behind a mask. I don't know about you, but there are still some very personal things I will not share with the world.......especially via the web. Some have gotten bit by those poisonous spiders lurking within, don't you know. I suppose some of my distrust comes from being kidnapped, robbed, raped and left in the trunk of my car in my kidnapper's hopes that I would suffocate and die.

Although my serial kidnapper/rapist/murderer/robber/assailant has hence been captured (1983) and sentenced to spend nine consecutive life terms in prison plus three hundred and some odd years, a person can never be 100% sure that he will not be released by the Parole Board one day. Therefore, I must remain ever-viligent in keeping my absolute whereabouts a mystery, lest he should ever be released back into society and entertain the desire to hunt me down and do me in for assisting the police detectives in their dogged and fruitful (thank God!) search for him. So, you will have to forgive me if I don't reveal some things about myself.

Unfortunately, one of the drawbacks of my not choosing to seek the death penalty for him, versus life in prison, when the choice was put before me by the prosecuting attorney for the state, is that he would remain alive and, thus, a potential threat to me should he ever be released.....or escape. Because of my personal belief that all life is precious in God's eyes, there was no way I was going to say, "Yeah, he should be put to death for his crimes." Besides, it would simply "kill" his mother to have to bury her son.

Ironically, and fortunate for me and his other victims, that very belief, of not wanting to inflict any physical harm on him, is what saved my life during my ordeal and led to his eventual arrest and conviction. He murdered two of his victims because they tried to hurt him. Don't get me wrong. I gave the matter some very deep and soul-searching thought during those oxygen-sapping moments in which he had me locked in the trunk of my car. But, in the end, I chose to submit to his demands....while concentrating all my mental faculties on gathering evidence against him, should I survive the ordeal. According to the Sherriff, it was my good memory along with the ability to draw his face from memory, that allowed them to finally track him down. Had I tried to hurt him, I would not have been alive to help put him away, where he ceased to be a threat to others......my prime objective.

I would love it if I did not possess this obssesive fear that he might one day find me and seek retaliation. Therefore, I am truly envious of all of you who trust one another enough to actually meet up, like when you go camping together. I hope you know how truly fortunate you are in being able to do that. As for me, I will just keep on keeping on, dragging my PTSD cross with me as I read all of your thoughts online, wallowing vicariously in your comraderie.

Thank you, Keith, for sharing a bit about yourself.......and for relieving any fears I may have had about Bob K.......He did, and still does, have me a bit concerned the way he enjoys flaunting that rythmic dancing banana of his in front of everyones eyes.....hmmmmmm.......lol

Crawling back to my lil corner of the world, I am
Nancy
Old 05-05-2005, 09:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Nancy

You are a very brave and intelligent woman. I think there are quite a few of us here that realize how fortunate we are to just be alive today. I hope you find some peace in your heart here. Welcome here and Welcome Home !!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Nancy

Quote:
Originally posted by DMZ-LT You are a very brave and intelligent woman. I think there are quite a few of us here that realize how fortunate we are to just be alive today. I hope you find some peace in your heart here. Welcome here and Welcome Home !!
Thank you for your comforting words.

Leaving before I get weepy, I am
Nancy
Old 05-05-2005, 10:36 AM

I can say that at least six times in my life so far. I don't know I've made this long. But lately that's the American Way don't you think?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 05-07-2005, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Nancy, you came into the billetts and took the empty bunk. It was there just waiting for you. You hung up your GI's and set down your piece. You're among friends, brothers and sisters. Stay awhile. Welcome home.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:03 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Nancy,
Double up especially on what Boats and DMZ-LT said and everyone else too. These are the guys that kept people like me in one piece in Nam and we'll all fight just as fiercly for you. Welcome, welcome welcome.

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
Old 05-07-2005, 02:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to coachman
Distinctions
Contributor 

Nancy I know that you will thrive here as I have. Welcome home sis.

-Juvenal
C.50-C.130

“Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government
that requires every citizen to prove
they are insured……but not everyone
must prove they are a citizen.”
Old 05-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Doc.2/47

Nancy,

Seems to me that you are the right place.The causes vary but many of us here are in the same(or very similar) boats.If anyone anywhere can understand and relate to what you are saying and feeling it is the folks on this site.We salute and commend you for the git you've displayed in dealing with the bad that life has brought your way.Shit happenes.It's how you deal with it that really says something important about you.There are more than one way to die.Crawling off,making a shell around yourself,and just ceasing to live is one of them.Many of us have felt-and do so daily-that temptation and I imagine that you do too.Sometimes it's not about weather you win or lose,it's about the fight you're willing to put up dispite the odds.You may have withdrawn some,but you continue affect others through the pictures and emotions you create with your words.You continue to care.I salute you!

If you knew Bob K you would like him.He is a high-ranking police official,a family man,and an altogether honorable and caring individual.He goes waaaay out of his way for others.I have even entrusted(more or less)my wife(also named Nancy and who also has PTSD issues-although she would deny such unto death)and my (BIG,grown)son into his care.Got em back in no worse condition than when they left.Don't let his antics fool you.I think he uses the site to cut up and blow off steam amoung friends and that many of us forget sometimes that other folks may read what we write.

Be well,