The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default David...Stop this!

I just got the word Sid's been banned. For what? Speaking his mind. I know things between him and Ron are getting hot....but so what. Delete offensive posts. Your banning a senior member who's always followed the rules is bullshit. I saw Gimpy and James called child molesters....molesting their family members, I saw James say that Scouts mother was a racist whore. Didn't see any banning. Ron offended any combat vet with PTSD, he wasn't banned. Give me a break here and let Sid back in or I'm done with this site.....that simple. And I know I can get some to follow me and with that and their money. The hell with this. Even blood brothers fight. If something is so offensive that it shouldn't be seen by people outside of the family, delete it. That's why we have moderators. This isn't a threat...I have too much love and respect for you for that, but Sid's back in or ban me.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

I agree with Pac.
Although, me and sid have had words, and some I really don't like, I am a big boy, Ban him and you ban me also.

Ron
Old 04-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well...

I guess that says it. Ron, you frustrate the fu@k out of me sometimes....but that's manning up. Wish I could say the same for others on this site. Yep...your a big boy and what you just said, says it. David....get Sid back up...if Ron can deal with it, so can every one else. Ron...don't think this'll end the fight, but obviously it's ok with you. Listening to the Beach Boys and drinkin' George Dickel....the stuff you can only buy at the distillary in Tennesse....wish I could pour you one. Maybe someday.

Packman Dickel

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2009, 07:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron,...

...You surprise me, and in a good way,...

...So, are you coming to the mtn ?,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif
Old 04-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Packo, Ok, take whom you will. Ron, consider it done.

What everyone has lost sight of is that this is a site dedicated to the preservation of military history, not a site dedicated to seeing who can run whom down the most on a daily basis. More people have been run off by the bad attitudes on this site over the years then I can count.

Should the forums go dead at this point that is ok with me, I will still continue to fulfill the primary mission of this site, a mission the library of congress has seen fit to partner with us in completing, and that mission is to compile and distribute military history, nothing more, nothing less.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Just to insure historical accuracy on this topic let me add a couple facts here.

1. Sid was warned a few days prior to this incident by way of a post I made to the Vietnam forums stating that personal attacks would not be allowed on the site.

2. A day latter he stated in another post that I had better "ban him now" because he would not relent.

3. I asked him in that thread to put the object of his displeasure on ignore and handle the matter back channel.

4. I gave it a couple more days and true to his word Sid would not relent, he was therefor suspended from posting.

5. As you can see from the above posts two more people similarly requested to be suspended and were granted their requests.

Some more thoughts on the action taken -

Every person that was suspended literally asked to be suspended.

Some have said "well so and so said this and that and did not get suspended". Good point, and lesson learned, that's why action is now taken sooner rather then later.

It has also been said that I do not understand that Sid was just trying to expose a wannabe. I understand full well what he was trying to do, the objection was to how it was being done, running from post to post and disrupting the site. Most people do not want to walk into a firefight on the site, this has been made abundantly clear over the years, so once again lesson learned, action is now taken sooner rather then later in such situations.

In closing much has been made of the fact long time brothers were "banned" which implies they were cast out from the site with no access. In point of fact though no one was actually banned, as each of them know. They had their posting privileges suspended and still had full access to the site, PM's, and everything else. They are able to log in and do everything except post to the forums.
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread