The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2005, 06:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Update On Purple Heart Medal!!!

Subject: RE: Purple Heart Medal
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:02:08 +0000

Dear Sir,

I am on board with you. I have forwarded your message to all of my Legion of Valor companions for which I have e-mail addresses and I will contact my elected officials.

Semper fi,

Tom Richards

LtCol. Thomas A Richards, USMC (Ret), MA, MBA, NC
Commander, California Chapter
National Junior Vice Commander
Legion of Valor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2005, 05:34 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

This e-mail [received today] was written to Shorty Estabrook [ex - POW - Tiger Survivor]. It references HR 2369 [HONORING OUR FALLEN PRISONERS OF WAR ACT]

Also worthy of note is the fact that the Austin American Statesman, one of the Nation's top newspapers, has expressed an interest in possibly publishing a copy of the bill? I will keep you advised.

Out of 41 Major U S Newspapers that were sent copies of HR 2369, 14 have acknowledged receipt thus far, and the one listed above, expressed an interest in publishing the bill.

Out of all 100 United States Senators contacted, 14 thus far has acknowledged receipt. I will publish their names and others that reply back in the near future.

Rick

Shorty

-------------- Forwarded Message: --------------
To: tigersurvivors@comcast.net

Subject: Re: Purple Heart HB 2369
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 21:47:55 +0000

I can assure you that the legislative committee will give the CA resolution the important discussion it deserves and will ensure that there is plenty of discussion on the floor by the entire convention. That you for your dedication to this issue and your service to our country.

Hershel
Old 05-27-2005, 05:14 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

Hey Guys and Gals-

If any of you out there (Nationwide) see any news in your local papers or on the tube over the "Memorial Day Weekend" about this Bill (HR 2369, Honoring Our Fallen POWs) please let me know!

We recently have contacted about 41 of the top 100 news papers around the Country, as well as all 100 U.S. Senators about this Bill!!

THANK YOU & VERITAS
Old 05-28-2005, 06:48 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up

COURAGEOUS GHOSTS IN OUR MIDST!

As we quickly approach Memorial Day and our thoughts begin to drift silently among the nearly 230 years of departed American Patriots, how could we possibly forget the men and women, without whom, we would have no country to relish in?

These were the selfless souls who plowed the roads of adversity, so that we today can walk with pride in the company of the courageous American ghosts in our midst?

Memorial Day is their day, our day, and a day that will belong to all true Americans for all times to come! Be they the heroes of the American Revolution, the men who fell at places like Gettysburg and Antietam, the patriots of Flanders, the troopers who endured the Bataan and Tiger Death Marches, the half frozen troops who battled their way out of the Chosin Reservoir, or those who endured the steaming jungles of Vietnam or the savage sands of the Middle East!

It is to these courageous men and women (and especially to those who never returned home), that this day will forever belong!

VERITAS
Old 05-29-2005, 07:26 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Shorty got a letter in from Congresswoman Mary Bono....

Thought that I would share it with you!!

RICK
--------------------------------------

I got a reply from Mary Bono Dated May 23. In her letter she thanked me etc and told me that the bill was in the Armed Forces Commettee and that she will keep my views in mind when the bill is debated in Congress.

Shorty

(Ex POW)