The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2005, 06:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up The Patriot In Patriot Files!

The word ?PATRIOT? is defined as ?One who loves his country and would zealously guard it?s welfare!!?

No one can deny that those who serve within our military, and those who abide and defend (be it in their own way) what we as a nation are all about, are themselves patriots. But does not this ?Band of Brothers & Sisters? also defend and protect their compatriots, especially those who have lost the power to speak up for themselves?

For some time now, I have been espousing the virtues of ?House Resolution 2369, and how it would pay (long overdue) respect and remembrance to those who died in enemy prisoner of war camps. Camps, some of which rivaled and equaled in desperation, places like Andersonville, Dachau, and the Hanoi Hilton!

I sincerely believe that most of you truly feel sympathy and compassion for those who were interned and died within these facilities, but more than a passing tear is needed in order to show what we are really made of!

Honoring Our Fallen POWs would grant a posthumous Purple Heart Medal to those who fell, not from bullet or shell, but rather from causes such as starvation, beatings, disease, and medical neglect in hostile Prisoner of War Camps, from 1941 to the present, and indeed, even on into the future if needs must. These brave Americans could have been your own fathers, brothers, and yes, even your sisters in some cases!

This Bill, however, is not going to pass itself - your help is sorely needed in contacting your congressmen and senators to show your support! And I know that I have been more than redundant in this cause, but an attitude of ?Letting The Other Guy Do It? just will not work here!

It will cost you nothing but a little time on your part to display your concern and support!! Please take a minute, for a few moments of your time is a small price to pay, considering what these men gave up for you!

VERITAS
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links