The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2005, 04:50 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Rolling Stones

I have always liked the Stones. They made a new alblum and sent it to the reviewers, after the reviewers had finished with it, the Stones then added there conterversial cut about the Bush administration. Why would Mick do this, Ameriquest and NFL are sponcoring the Stones this Football season and are considering dropping the Stones, Although Mick has every right to say what ever he feels , I have to ask myself WHY. He came to this country and made millions, he has enjoyed the fruits of the US citizens for 35 years now and with no end in sight, When there tour comes to Houston are I told my daughter that she needed to see the stones, I have sence told her we aren't going.
Mick can say what ever he wants to and I can choose not to give him my money if I want to,
So, Mick and The Stones, You do what ever you want and you will find a Dixie Chick welcome. If thats ok then so be it.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2005, 05:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

?I know it?s only rock n? roll, but I like it?

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Rolling Stones

Quote:
Originally posted by 39mto39g I have always liked the Stones. They made a new alblum and sent it to the reviewers, after the reviewers had finished with it, the Stones then added there conterversial cut about the Bush administration. Why would Mick do this, Ameriquest and NFL are sponcoring the Stones this Football season and are considering dropping the Stones, Although Mick has every right to say what ever he feels , I have to ask myself WHY. He came to this country and made millions, he has enjoyed the fruits of the US citizens for 35 years now and with no end in sight, When there tour comes to Houston are I told my daughter that she needed to see the stones, I have sence told her we aren't going.
Mick can say what ever he wants to and I can choose not to give him my money if I want to,
So, Mick and The Stones, You do what ever you want and you will find a Dixie Chick welcome. If thats ok then so be it.

Ron
Ron
He's talking about Neocons
" ''You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite,'' Mick Jagger wails. ''You call yourself a patriot. Well, I think you are full of (bleep).''
I sure don't see anything to disagree with there! And about half the country agrees with me.
Your dead right on this: if you don't like it, don't give them your money.
Stay good
James
Old 08-12-2005, 05:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Ron...it is bad enough when a "foreigner" does this to our country but take a little closer look....you have many Americans and people right here on PF that are doing the same or worse. Makes me damn sick.

I'm with you brother!

Trav

P.S. How's the knee coming along?

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 08-12-2005, 05:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron

On several occasions/scenarios, I have advocated voting with one's wallet, and this latest anti-American dust-up is yet another example and how to save your money.

And if people are turned off by Ameriquest's sponsorship of the Stones' tour, have them give me a call, and I can help them get refinanced, buy a new home, and probably saving them a buncha money vs. Ameriquest's rates.

PS: I call myself a Christian, and a Patriot, in that order. If the drug-clouded brain of Jagger et. al. have a problem with that, we can discuss it later, outside.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-12-2005, 06:14 AM

As a conservative, I do not agree with the neocons..their idea
of 'spreading democracy' will do nothing but get a bunch of people killed.
As for Mick, he needs to drink a big glass of STFU. He needs to concentrate on his own country which is pretty screwed up.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:15 AM

They are getting older than dirt - but they are out there when many others are not - its amazing. I wish I had their energy.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 08-12-2005, 08:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

You can't always get what you want...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 08-12-2005, 09:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What

James said!.......................

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:46 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb The answer

The Stones start their tour at Fenway Park next week. No doubt they added the song to get an extra cheer from the Boston crowd, who will agree. (If they are sober enough to hear the words.)

Stay healthy,
Andy