The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2005, 11:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Red face The Shaky Pineapple!

Here on the Shaky-Side, we usually watch the storms that roll down the coast from the Gulf of Alaska. They are often cold, sometimes ominous and always threatening!

The warmer storms, however, are usually a result of what is known as the Pineapple Express. These storms cross the warmer waters of the Pacific from the area of Hawaii, and usually contain voluminous amounts of moisture. When, however, the Arctic Express and the Pineapple Express converge, the results are almost always damned cold and super wet!

The multiple storms that slammed into California but a short time back, and then marched like juggernauts across the nation, are now playing Hell with parts of the east. As such, I have heard some refer to this deluge as the "California Express!"

Considering the fact that these current ?Storms From Hell? originated in Hawaiian Waters, however, and then passed over California (the Shaky Side) with a vengeance, on their way to flooding points east, maybe they should call these saturated tempests the ?Shaky Pineapple Express instead?? Hell, who knows, maybe the name (Shaky Pineapple) will catch on and end up being a new dance craze like the Funky Chicken or the Mashed Potatoes!

What ever the name, however, and considering the fact that this was supposed to be but a ?Mild El Nino Year,? in the Western United States, it seems that Old Mother Nature had different ideas? And this brings to mind that old TV Commercial (Margarine) that showed an old babe warning that ?It Ain?t Nice To Fool Mother Nature!? (AMEN!!)

One more thing that comes to mind at this point, however, are the weather reports that we get out here in the Golden State. For years now, the ?Big Blowhards of Meteorology? knew as much about what was going to happen (weather-wise) as the Devil knows about opening up a chain of ?Ice Cold Brew Emporiums? in the Infernal Regions! As such, our weathermen's batting averages, although they won?t admit it, were dismal at best!

This year, however, the weather forecasters have been pretty accurate, and this in itself scares the Hades out of me! Hell, if a weatherman can get it right, even once in a "Blue Moon", maybe there is even hope for politicians and the VA?

?Naw, that is asking for far too much!!?

VERITAS
Old 01-14-2005, 12:07 PM

HC you've change your icon - senior trouble maker - and your profile sheet made me laugh. Your not going to let a little bad weather improve your spirits are you! Tough guy like you ought to find these days to your liking.

I always say I like rainy days or overcast or any day other than a sunny day - that way I have more days to enjoy myself while everyone else is having a bad day.

HC you're my kinda guy and you have the right attitude it serves you well and I enjoy reading your threads. Keep up the good work.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:21 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats-

I was thinking about changing my handle to something like "GLOOMY GUS", or maybe even the "Scourge of the Bureaucracy?"

Thanks for the encouragement my friend, as even a salty old curmudgeon like me needs a little pat on the back now and then!

VERITAS
Old 01-14-2005, 01:47 PM

By the way you've improved my vocabulary 10 fold. My dictionary gets a good work out - ha ha. And I find many of your little threads very serious but then again they do make me chuckle. I am surprised that you don't get as much feedback from your little words wisdom - I could guess why - but I won't.

It's Friday you and your Mrs. have a good weekend we will try this again next week.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote