The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2007, 09:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default and I get paid ...

... to doodle. This is of a sort of self imposed work project that involved some Threatened American Birds of Prey ... the one circling a patrol boat is an American Golden Eagle ... of course part of it is imaginal cause the Doodler, me, cant be above the Eagle ... I was in the Patrol Boat ... but I'd rather have been a bird of that particular golden feather, magnificent creature.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2007, 09:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default making Tortillas ...

... or in many parts of the world, call it unleavened bread ... i do have clear memory of the time my mother showed me how ... at work, a fellow employee (Nam sailor who did the Gulf of Tonkin runs) has a son who married a pure Latina girl ... now I bring in Corn Bread that I make and give some to a few of my work friends ... and one day, my work friend brought me in some real home made Tortilla, like the kind that I hadnt had in 40 years or so, man that took me back. It seems that his daughter In Law's mom is old school ... been making Tortilla everyday and has no recipe ... a scoop of this, a pinch of that, roll them into balls, flower a board, roll them out ... wonderful Old School, and not off the shelf ... Unleavened Bread in other countrys.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default non doodle photo

The GG Bridge (I took) ... this is worth DEFENDING !!!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Little Manilla, a.k.a.

Stockton, Calif ... 1950s .... wonderful memories ...

things will work out America ... dont lose what weve gained.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Nice drawings for a doodler.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 01-21-2007, 10:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Hiway 50 painting doodle

thx ... did highway 50 go past Elk Grove ? ...

thx ... they are doodles.

When growing up, I guess thats what happened ... from Livermore on up, there was the old Highway 50 ... wonderful road, like Route 66 or something ... we, or I in a Greyhound bus, would go take old 50, past Tracy, past the old Heinz 57 factory, past Banta, past an old Giant Orange roadside Diner ... then just before you crossed over the San Joaquin River (over these old, old steel bridges) ... yahd see these oak trees and brick silos ... I dont know why, but thosee Silos were intriguing to me ... so, a few years ago I went to that spot and came back with a painting in mind ... maybe I liked those silos because they ARE all hand brick ... maybe the idea of CRAFTING out a functional brick, cylindrical shape was valuable ... do not lose your sense of craft, America !

Flash, News Update ... those wonderful old Oak trees were cut down ... dont melt down the old bridges, or contract out to the Chinese to haul them away, and refabricate crap consumer items out of them ... I aint no Norman Rockwell with his American icon illustrations, but I know when things of significance are being whored out.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default photo doodle, by Taos ...

I found my old America there, again ... I want to saddle up a Silver Stallion and go back there ...
Old 01-21-2007, 10:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default my prayer ....

God ... can we go back again someday ... I felt "grounded" there ... see, thats kind of a Day Dream doodle I had while driving our rental car, I looked out at an imaginal me, in a Trailer with a dog named "Rusty" looking out a trailer winder ...
Old 01-22-2007, 02:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Beau,

Good work, man! You've got the "eye" of an artist and you know how to let people see as you do.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default well ...

thx ...

We will start the bidding at $ 250,000.00 ...