The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Alergies and Asma

Let me first talk about Asthma and get that out of the way. People that have Asthma have a desieas and should be treated by a DR and follow the DR directions and medication recommendations.

Alright, now Allergies. Most people in this country have or have had some kind of reaction to pollen or dust or some other agent that causes a allergic reaction. And what do they do when a sinus head ache comes, They go to the Dr or take there child to the DR and the Dr prescribes some kind of allergy medicine and the head ache and sniffles go away, Problem is that the sniffles and head ache come back and people take more and more medicine to get the sniffles and head ach to go away. and it becomes a never ending cycle. more allergies, more drugs more allergies more drugs.
The Human body is a remarkable peace of work in it's self healing properties, if we let it do what it does best. Hugh, you say?

Lets take the flu for instance, cause most people can relate.
You go to the DR and get a flu shot ,which gives you a small dose of the Flu , your body sees the flu and reacts to it, forming enzymes that capture the virus so white blood cells cane come and destroy it, and what is more important , at the same time your body creates a antibody to the germ, so when attacked by that germ again it will be quickly destroyed, That?s why you have to get a flu shot every year, because the strain (germ) mutates and becomes a different stain (germ) .
Ok now, lets apply that to allergies.
You go out in the grass and breath in pollen and that triggers your immune system to react to the foreign body causing your nose to run and a head ach from the pressure of the foreign body being eliminated at point of contact , your sinuous track. . So instead of you letting your body create get enzymes to hold the foreign body and white blood cells attack and destroy the foreign body and then create an antibody to that strain of pollen, what you do is go to the DR. and take the medicine that flushes out the pollen and mask the head ache with pain reliever no antibody was created and now the next time the pollen invades you will need more medicine to counter act the pollen because your body remembers the pollen and that you had no problem getting rid of it so it does not activate its immune system self defense triggers, that means the medicine is now your only defense and your only relief.
This problem is most important in children, We as parents don't like to see the kid or grand kid suffer and if there is a medicine that will help them at the moment we will give it, But we are hurting them in the long run and we and they don't even know it.
When a child comes to you with a runny noise and a head ache the moment of truth has arrived.
Dr. and drug companies will tell you to give the drugs, you as a parent want relief for you child, people are telling you "it works for them" and so you give the allergy medication to your child, You just started him/her down that long road of take more because you need more because you have take more because you need more,
My children can now lay down in a field of pollen and all they will do is sneeze once to clear there nose. That is because when they got that first runny nose from Rag weed or pollen and a head ache, I gave them head ache medicine and told them to blow there nose. There body now has all the amenities to fight off most all allergies that are within there area of travel. and the education to medicate the head ache if they travel to a new pollen and let the runny nose be a runny nose.

You will notice that no where in hear did I tell you what to do with yourself or your family,
Drs will tell you to medicate, that?s the business they are in, return patient and prescription drugs, Drug company Commercials will tell you to medicate, that?s there business , to sell drugs. You can make up your own mind, I just tried to give a little education,
Pollen season is coming, I'll be laying in the field of clover smelling the flowers.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2007, 01:18 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I'm not allergic to any sort of natural pollens but I am allergic to codine! Last time I was up in Canada I bought a couple of boxes of Tylenol with codine (over the counter,yet). I took one when I had a headache, and thought I was gonna die! My head started pounding, my vision got blurry, I got dizzy and nauseous. Sucks to be allergic to a narcotic.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Doc, I had a friend in the Service that was allergic to Grain Alcohol if he drank one beer he threw up. Talk about the only person I knew in the service you could go out to a bar with and not have to worry who was the designated driver like you said it sucks to be allergic to stuff like that.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:12 PM

If you suffer from allergies, the air that you breathe at home might be part of the problem. You take steps toward improving the air quality of your home, starting by measuring the levels of commonly occurring allergens—the substances that cause allergic reactions in people who are susceptible -Dust Mites, Cockroaches, Cat and Dog Dander, Mold.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote