The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2011, 09:24 PM

Default Need a little help

My father-in -law is a veteran who joined the Amy in 1950 and retired in 1971.
He served in Alaska, Berlin, England and all over and Vietnam.
He was a recruiter after his tour in Vietnam until he retired. He had it hard going to universities and high schools and it embittered him to the point it caused him many problems. It took years of healing and the last 10 years he has let go of a lot of hurt and now time is getting short. He has asked me tonight to see that he is buried in uniform.
I started the Google thing and I'm still searching for a uniform he can have. I don’t know all what to do to get this done yet but during the search I found this site and thought there might be someone out there with some Idea what I have to do.
I know the subject is not pleasant but if you know of a shop or a place that sells those uniforms from his time in service it would help him greatly. I don’t even know what would be the correct Class A as the uniforms have changed between our service dates.
He was an E7 SFC. I have his service records and I will be looking for his ribbons and the rest as he tossed or lost them and the uniforms we have will not fit.
Send me a PM or post here if you have an idea.

Thank you.

Craig
US Army 82-86
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 05:35 AM

A few years ago a friend was buried in his uniform he was ret.navy it dosen't matter abuot the fit to put the uniform on they will cut it up the back he earned it I would say it's his right to do so.

razz
Old 01-22-2011, 08:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Circa late '50s my winter Class A was a short Ike Jacket with C cap or flat top head gear.
During same period some were changing to long O.D. jacket with C cap or flat top.
There must be tons of either such old type Class A uniforms at Army Navy stores.

Think summer khaki Class A uniforms haven't changed all that much?
Scarves worn with such like red for Engineers & pale blue for Grunts/Infantry never change.

Neil
Old 01-22-2011, 01:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation help is on its way...

Craig

I can testify to this, 100%:

IF you will register (free) at http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/

... then you WILL be in touch with the premier bunch of US military uniform/ribbon/patch/insignia/gear collectors, sellers, buyers and hands-down genuine experts known in the contemporary universe.

They have a WANTED TO BUY, trade, or whatever section in their forums where you can post what you are after and get the correct things.

It pretty much depends on how close to authentic you need or want to get, and what all you want to have ON that uniform for it to be historically close to accurate. Some items are harder than others to come by, at any price - naturally. Getting started early is best.

There you will find not only everything you need for his attire, but also the nicest people on earth who will fully understand your situation and the time factor involved.

Prices? Better than any you will find anywhere, 90 out of 100 times, for what you are seeking.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The last type uniform he wore is the correct one, dress greens. Check out this for dress greens: http://www.marlowwhite.com/index.html there are probably many more places than this. Just google "dress greens". Now, as for what to put on it, he can tell you or if you have his discharge papers, they will list his awards and there are many here that can interpret the abbreviations.

\