The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Lockhart Texas

There are 3 GREAT BBQ place's on earth, and they are all in Lockhart.
Only recently has "Blacks" served up a BBQ sauce, mostly because Yankees coming from the north wanted a Sauce and the Misses invented one. Real BBQ don't need no stinking BBQ sauce.
If You are ever in Lockhart Texas, You have to stop at Blacks BBQ, No sauce needed.
West of Houston, North of San Antonio, South of Austin.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 04:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Texas don't know shit...

about BarBQ.

LEXINTON, NC. BEST IN THE WORLD! And the best in Lexinton is LEXINGTON BAR B QUE...the Monk family's been makin' it longer than there's been pigs.

Carolina Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Pack you don't know s!#t about BBQ the best is Fat Ass Arnold's rib shack in the rainier vally between Renton and seattle. Its the best BBQed dry and they will give you a small container of sauce if you ask for it . I never do. The real name of the place is Porters but the cliental calls it fat ass arnolds. they do have one sauce called Da-man but its way to hot for me.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Now wait a damn minute!

We have this place called Ridgewood Barbecue about a stones throw from Bristol International Raceway. It is the best in the world only because we don't know if they serve barbecue on the moon. Ask any Nascar driver where is the best barbecue and they will tell you Ridgewood shuts their doors one night on race week just so they can eat in peace.

Reviewers Writeup
I live in Knoxville, TN but while attending college at East Tennessee State (in nearby Johnson City, about 30 years ago) I was "indoctrinated" by a local girl into the exclusive club of those who have discovered this incredible place. So for the last 26 or so years I have driven up to Ridgewood from Knoxville (over 100 miles) to eat here, with occasional overnight stays centered around the BBQ experience. It is SO that worth it.

This BBQ is unlike any other anywhere, and I've eaten a lot of BBQ. The meat is actually sliced ham smoked on-site, served either on a bun or plated. The coleslaw is fresh-made with a bite of vinegar, and you can get it on the sandwich or in a bowl on the side (in the bowl it's served first, like a salad). Now for the other side items: the fries are hand-cut fresh potatoes; you'll never appreciate frozen ever again. But the best thing of all is the little bowl of BBQ beans; be sure to get two bowls! They are sweet and savory, the best!

If you come anywhere within driving distance (let's see, how far? The southeastern United States should cover it) then do not miss this great little hidden BBQ joint. And don't forget to order a bowl of blue cheese dressing with crackers!

"Best I ever ate!" General William Westmoreland
Old 01-12-2009, 04:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I've never heard such crap!

Washington and Tennesse know as much about BBQ as a pig knows about Sunday. Doc, hate to tell you but most of those NASCAR boys are a bunch of Yankee's these days. What the crap do they know about BBQ? And as far as anything west of the Mississippi, all I can do is quote Popeye the Sailor Man...."ACK, ACK, ACK, ACK!

Pack

Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packo View Post
about BarBQ.

LEXINTON, NC. BEST IN THE WORLD! And the best in Lexinton is LEXINGTON BAR B QUE...the Monk family's been makin' it longer than there's been pigs.

Carolina Pack
So what have you hillbillies been cooking, possum? I'd put my bbq up against any hillbilly joint, cracker joint, or even the pretenders in the North.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-12-2009, 07:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ahh, another former Republic heard from

Scout....we were makin' BBQ while you Mexicans, at that time, were farting up Frejolie Beans and Armadillo's. Ya'll weren't eating pigs in those days....you was marrying them!

Carolina Pack

Old 01-12-2009, 10:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Wink Oh, PLEASE!

Everbody knows the world's best wiskey and BBQ comes from my lil neck o the woods!
That's why the World Campionship BBQ Cookoff takes place yearly just down the pike at Lynchburg. It's a pure shame those ATF boys found out about the back door at Jack Daniel's; added a little something to the event that is hard to replace.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Texans, with some help from Tenn. and kentuc Kicked the Mexicans ASS and became the Country of Texas, Which , by the way, still has an embassy in England. Texas never signed the annex papers to join the United States of America. And along the way, Texans were BBQ 1/2 a steer for a very long time. If you ever want to taste a $1,000,000.00 stake, come to the Houston Livestock and Rodeo, after the prize bull gets auctioned off they BBQ that bad boy on the spot.
You got to kick another countries ass to be in the same race as Texas , as far as BBQ goes. I think NC should maybe stick to oysters or scallops or Blue crab.
What sauce does NC use?

Ron
Old 01-12-2009, 02:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packo View Post
Scout....we were makin' BBQ while you Mexicans, at that time, were farting up Frejolie Beans and Armadillo's. Ya'll weren't eating pigs in those days....you was marrying them!

Carolina Pack
"Carolina Pack" - ain't that some name we used to call the local easy lady? I'll have you know that your comment about our wives only applied to my first two ex's ..... No self-respecting Texian would ever eat an armadillo, as them animals can carry Hansen's disease, what you crackers might call 'leprosy.' Weren't you the little boy who used to go ask the local leprosy colony if you could come in an play with Little Johnny, just to watch his fingers fall off?

BBQ~!! I'll bet you crackers put sauce on it too.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."