The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2004, 07:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sid
Nice trout!!! if you have any time while you're passing through Indianapolis on your way back from Wis. give a yell.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2004, 08:08 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Wifes plane delayed

So I have a little while to play, She is headed back from Florida to repack. I know where there is a nice area on the Coosawattie river where we can all go fishing, The Georgia State record Brown Trout was caught in the area I have in mind. I takes a 4 wheel drive to get to the place but it sure is pretty. LT and I took a float trip a couple of years ago to it and it took us 8 hours on a stream to get there. Bob, Would like to visit but due to weather we are flying to Milwaukee and driving up and then flying back on Tuesday. One thing, for those of you who come to the campout you have to bring a sleeping bag and pad.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:19 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool gathering

Hey Seatjerker, Sid is right, wild pig season is open year round. And you don?t need a license or rifle to hut them, not at the Outhouse. Just tell one armed Sally you know me. If you go would you drive or fly?

Sid, sorry to hear about your loss. Do I have to go fishing if I make it? I don?t like to fish, don?t like Nascar and don?t like the WWF. Oh God, don?t tell anyone I said that. If I go I?ll of course be armed, no need to keep any weapons on the side for me. Matter of fact one of the weapons I took to Lt?s house was a S&W stainless steel .44. Sort of sorry we did get around to cranking off a few rounds.

LT, thanks again for the invite. If I go I?ll drive and Annette will not be with me. If there is going to be a good size group I have a very strong urge to go. I love meeting all you guys (and girls). With my kid getting married his year I have only one fear. Don?t want to be measured for my Tux while in detox.

Keith, setting up a counseling center across the street from the Outhouse Saloon would be a true act of bravery. Something like Paul visiting the Corinthians. Plus you?d have that accent thing to overcome. Don?t know if that area is zoned for counseling. But I would love to see you.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 01-28-2004, 02:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Would,...

...love to go,... money's tight as my transmission, and transfer case just cost us 1948.00,...

...If you fly?, can you, or anyone ship, or transport a rifle, or two, legal, in locked cases now????,...

...or I would drive if there were others going, going below the Mason-Dixon line with New York plates is risky, even if they are DAV plates,...

...I'll call on flight prices, and see,...

...meanwhile,... just keeping logs on the fire, it's 72 in here,...

...Have a hind quarter marinating now for Sunday, about a 15 lb. roast,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 01-28-2004, 03:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sid,

Sorry to hear about your loss as well. Been there...done that....it's never easy. My deepest sympathys to your family.

I tried to stop that "political" stuff right away.............some folks don't seem to realize this forum is NO place for that crap...sorry it happened.

Now...........about that picture of your rainbow.........very nice fish...........BUT, that one would-a been nuthin but BAIT fer the 33 inch brown monster hanging on the wall in my den! Caught him in the headwaters of Lake Lanier where the Chattahoocie River dumps into the lake my last year (2001) in Atlanta....took me about 15 minutes to land him on 6 lb. test line! Looking forward to some good rainbow action............but "floatin" is out of the question fer this old "gimp".............I got enough $hit wrong with me already.........don't need to be-a gettin my legs all tangled up in sunken tree branches and stuff, ya know?

And, it was a real HONOR to be at the FIRST ...PSYCO-VETS CAMPOUT with you, LT, Doc and all the other guys and gals.

Hey DMZ.............. A thirty foot wide "hole" sounds like its about right for a fly rod or a spinning rod....so I'll bring both!

Paco.............Lookin forward to finally meeting my dear Southen brother at last. Sorry I couldn't make Savannah.........but you'll love Ellijay "Jawga"............it's the Apple Capital of the mountains, prettiest little town you ever saw! Maybe we can finally "teach" Andy sumthin about thet thare "War of Northern Aggression" he seems so Un-educated about, OK?

Andy............just kiddin my friend ...Whatayameen ya don't "fish"? :cd: And you DON'T like NASCAR......whatsamatta with you Yankee fellers., anywho?? Jeez, me an Packman got-ta give you a LOT of "teachin" bout "etiquit in tha South" dun't we old bud? :re:

PS.........Fer all you fellers going "pig shootin".....my doctor tells me alls I can have from tha "Porcine" family of meat is tha "backstrap" (thats the tenderloin fer all you city folks!) so don't fergit ta save me some of it!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

And if all the things you listed is true then your only chance is to leard how to chew redman orr better yet coppenhaugen
Old 01-28-2004, 04:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking PIG HUNTIN'

I haven't done this since my MUCH younger days, but it seems to me it started about an hour before "Last Call" and closing time, and sometimes carried on out into the parking lot. Funny, I don't remember setting out to Pig Hunt. It just seemed to work out that way, sometimes . It originally started out hunting for Foxes .
Old 01-28-2004, 04:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Keith I have been really getting into fly fishing stuff I bought a little can at the sportsman show to save my wooley boogers I hope they don't dry up before we meet up to go fishin. Are you sure the fish will like them?
Old 01-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default OK Andy,

That still leavs drinkin white lighting, Chasin Women, Guns and tobacco. ATF: Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the first three ingredients of a really good party. SJ, Leave the guns, we got plenty. This has all of the makins of a real good party, Spoke to a couple of the mountain boys today and they wanted to know ifn we should order more than 50 cases of Bud.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:35 PM

Gosh Darnit!!! Just talked to the kid...asked if they pinned down the date yet. It's only 8 months away for crying out loud! She said that the wedding will either be 8/14 or 8/21. Which throws off MY camping trip for the summer!
I still want to catch up with Keith and Griz and who ever else we can round up, if at all possible. We're planning a whole week in sunny WAzzu!

Still trying to swing the East Coast trip. Might even drive for that one...feeling brave Curtis??? I'll cover your six on the way down! :-)
Andy, you can hang out with me and the Chief. We're not much for fishing and huntin these days. Although he might join in the pig hunt since that is one ani-mule he hasn't gone after. Like I said, I'll bring the margaritas and I mix em strong!
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan