The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2006, 10:53 AM

Default Let's Take Back Our School's

This Post has nothing to do with Vietnam, but thought it was worth sharing it with you guy's. I can't remember school shootings or any other kind of violence when I was going to school, other than a good fist fight, but then we made up, an we where all friends again in the end.

>WOW, WHAT A WAKEUP!

Dear God:

Why didn't you save the school children at ?. ..

Moses Lake, Washington 2/2/96
Bethel, Alaska 2/19/97
Pearl, Mississippi 10/1/97
West Paducah, Kentucky 12/1/97
Stamp, Arkansas 12/15/97
Jonesboro, Arkansas 3/24/98
Edinboro, Pennsylvania 4/24/98
Fayetteville, Tennessee 5/19/98
Springfield, Oregon 5/21/98
Richmond, Virginia 6/15/98
Littleton, Colorado 4/20/99
Taber, Alberta, Canada 5/28/99
Conyers, Georgia 5/20/99
Deming, New Mexico 11/19/99
Fort Gibson, Oklahoma 12/6/99
Santee, California 3/ 5/01 and
El Cajon, California 3/22/01?

Sincerely,
Concerned Student

-----------------------------------------------------

Reply:

Dear Concerned Student:
I am not allowed in schools.
Sincerely,
God

----------------------------------------------------------

How did this get started?...

-----------------

Let's see,
I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare complained
she didn't want any prayer in our schools.
And we said, OK.

------------------

Then, someone said you better not

read the Bible in school,
the Bible that says
"thou shalt not kill,
thou shalt not steal,
and love your neighbors as yourself,"
And we said, OK...

-----------------

Dr. Benjamin Spock said
we shouldn't spank our children
when they misbehaved
because their little personalities
would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem.
And we said,
an expert should know what he's talking about
so we won't spank them anymore..

------------------

Then someone said
teachers and principals better not
discipline our children when they misbehave.
And the school administrators said
no faculty member in this school
better touch a student when they misbehave
because we don't want any bad publicity,
and we surely don't want to be sued.
And we accepted their reasoning...

------------------

Then someone said,
let's let our daughters have abortions if they want,
and they won't even have to tell their parents.
And we said, that's a grand idea...

------------------

Then some wise school board member said,
since boys will be boys
and they're going to do it anyway,
let's give our sons all the condoms they want,
so they can have all the fun they desire,
and we won't have to tell their parents they got them at school.
And we said, that's another great idea...

------------------

Then some of our top elected officials said
it doesn't matter what we do in private as long as we do our jobs. And we said, it doesn't matter what anybody, including the President, does in private as long as we have jobs and the economy is good....

------------------

And someone else took that appreciation a step further
and published pictures of nude children
and then stepped further still by
making them available on the Internet.
And we said, everyone's entitled to free speech....

------------------

And the entertainment industry said,
let's make TV shows and movies that promote
profanity, violence and illicit sex...
And let's record music that encourages
rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes...
And we said,
it's just entertainment
and it has no adverse effect
and nobody takes it seriously anyway,
so go right ahead.

------------------

Now we're asking ourselves
why our children have no conscience,
why they don't know right from wrong,
and why it doesn't bother them to
kill strangers, classmates or even themselves.

------------------

Undoubtedly,
if we thought about it long and hard enough,
we could figure it out.
I'm sure it has a great deal to do with...
"WE REAP WHAT WE SOW,"
Old 10-04-2006, 11:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Dennis,

Pretty powerful stuff. Makes sense.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Dennis,
Indisputable!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-04-2006, 12:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post The Liberal Agenda

Gun Control, Push God out of public life, teach situational ethics, and wonder why society is going downhill in a handbasket.

Good Post Dennis

Keith
Old 10-04-2006, 07:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Keith, Amen to that and Agreed!

That was a great post Dennis
Old 10-05-2006, 09:22 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Like lcpd said no shootings at our school when I was kid, I went to school in NYC and didn't have that. There were fights but not shootings. I went to a Cathlooic shool up to 8th grade so I was in much controlled environment. Junior High, and High School made up for the difference. But no shootings, and you didn't mess around with any of the teachers either. We said the pledge of Allegiance everday, and read a passage from the bible each day in junior high and high school in our home room.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 10-05-2006, 11:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Something to add to this thread: I just read that the ACLU Type's are now against all Christmas Music in Schools to include Instrumentals like Handel's "Messiah" and other classical pieces.They will be attempting to stop the Music again this season in our schools http://www.botproductions.com/music/messiah/mess_12.mid

Federal Appellate Court: Law Center?s Legal Challenge to School District?s Ban on Christmas Music Can Proceed

ANN ARBOR, MI ? The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, ruled today that the Thomas More Law Center?s constitutional challenge to a New Jersey school district?s policy that banned all religious music in the district?s public schools can proceed. The ruling reversed a lower court?s decision dismissing the complaint for failure to state a claim. The School District?s ban specifically prevented the playing of Christmas music, including simple instrumentals, during the 2004 year-end celebrations in its public schools.

Richard Thompson, President and Chief Counsel of the Law Center, commented, ?The New Jersey school district?s anti-religious policy is yet another example of the militant hostility that many public schools have towards Christians and Christmas. The Grinch is alive and well in New Jersey, but not for long.?

Robert Muise, the Law Center attorney handling the matter, commented, ?The Third Circuit?s decision confirms that school districts cannot adopt policies that disfavor religion. In fact, it plainly demonstrates that our Constitution does not require complete separation of church and state; it affirmatively mandates accommodation, not merely tolerance of all religions, and forbids hostility toward any. We are pleased with the decision to allow this case to proceed.?

The case was filed by the Thomas More Law Center and the American Catholic Lawyers Association, on behalf of Michael Stratechuk, who sued on his own and on behalf of his two school-age children. In the complaint, the Law Center argued that the school district?s ban on religious music conveys the impermissible, government-sponsored message of disapproval of and hostility toward religion in violation of the Establishment Clause, and that it deprives the Stratechuk children the right to receive information and ideas, an inherent corollary of their First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and academic freedom.

On September 30, 2005, the district court dismissed the Law Center?s complaint, claiming that the Law Center failed to state a claim under the United States Constitution. The Third Circuit disagreed, vacating the lower court?s decision and remanding the case for further proceedings. In its opinion, the Third Circuit held that ?[b]ecause a categorical ban on exclusively religious music, enacted with the express purpose of sending a message of disapproval of religion, appears to state a claim under the First Amendment . . . , we conclude that the complaint . . . survive[s the] motion to dismiss.? The Third Circuit also awarded the Law Center its costs for having to bring the appeal.

The New Jersey School District policy at issue in this case was previously featured in a book, The War On Christmas, by Fox News anchor, John Gibson.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:34 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Last night some there was a dance at Salem (MA) State College and at least two students were stabbed. What the police, who were also assaulted, couldn't understand was how did the knives get past the metal detectors. Metal detectors!? We didn't even know what the hell those things were when I was in school. I got into a few scrapes back then, but it was always skin-on-skin, no weapons.

Here's a little thing I got from my niece; this happened in her 7 year old son's school the other day:

"In anther first grade class this little boy drew a picture of him
shooting two other students and telling them the scenario! So he totally got it! This is by the way my neighbors daughter and that's why I know so much about the issue. Apparently the principle thought it was no big deal and decided to pretend that this never happened. Well the little girl who was in the picture told her mother the next day and my friend freaked out! She called the school and spoke with the principle and asked "why was I not called" and the principle said it is his first offence and we are going to give him the benefit of the doubt....oh ok so when he actually acts out this scene then we will take it seriously. Well to make a long story short the police had to get involved and had to check out the parents house of the little boy who drew the pic to make sure that there were no guns in the house."

Can you imagine; a 1st grader drawing a picture of himself shooting someone!! Man, what the hell happened to us?
Old 10-06-2006, 05:41 AM

So many of these anti nukes, anti prayer, anti military, anti gun ownership, anti etc have gotton into making decisions that effects the entire Country.
Many of the young hippies from the 60's and 70's funneled their way into the news media, politics, ACLU. The biggest of them all was "Sweet Willie".
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 10-06-2006, 10:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I had jury duty three weeks ago.

They ran all of the jurors through a metal detector and took our pocket knives. Now in rural Eastern Washington, almost everyone of the men had pocket knives. I always carry my little Swiss Army Knife, it just comes in handy ever so often. The clerk said this all started about 3 years ago. At the schools you can't carry a pocket knife anymore. I've had a pocket knife since I was a kid in grade school. We all carried knives to school back then. No one ever got stabbed. We played mubbly peck at recess. WOW our nation sure has changed.

Keith

P.S. They gave back our knives at the end of the day.